• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

C_2QbWVVwAA7Kis.jpg

C_2aZCOUIAA2sRJ.jpg

C_2dZnVUIAAZ8tE.jpg

C_2dZnUV0AImtc1.jpg

Ahasverus

Was watching parts of The Dark Knight and BvS today and realised how much better the latter ended up being in regards to the "fantasy based on reality" concept compared to Nolan's trilogy overall.

While Nolan takes the comic concept and tries to force it into a real world mold, which isn't a bad idea, it often stretches the boundaries of credibility to be honest (TDKR in particular with it's risible occupied Gotham act). I much prefer BvS' approach of taking the literal fantasy characters and seeing how they affect our world itself. The world in BvS feels so much more lived in and affected by these characters, unlike Nolan's film where Gotham just feels like a sterile backdrop.

Fuck, the UC of BvS is just on another level conceptually compared to most everything else. Wish the landing stuck more in several areas, but I can't think of many comic flicks that fly as close to the sun as it did.
Preach.

The Rock "Dwayne" Johnson on Shazam casting,

“Let’s see. But for example, I’m going to throw out a name out there, and I want to see how the fans will react to it,. A guy who I met, I went ‘Wow! That guy is such a cool guy! He is a lot bigger than I thought he would be’ And when I walked away, I remember telling our producer, who I have worked with for a long time, we both looked at each other and was like ‘Possibly Shazam?!’ and we went ‘Yes!’. I’m not even going to say his name, I’m just going to say Lone Ranger. “

As somebody who has been on the Armie Hammer as Shazam train for years, I'm all in for it.

Ashhong

Our savior Snyder getting the love he deserves.

And just glancing at that pic of Gadot, i thought her nipple was visible for a sec.

Edit: Apparently Zack even signed it lmao:

https://twitter.com/BELLSherlocked/status/864026842889502720

Along with this:

That tweet calls him "Zaddy". That's just too far.

As somebody who has been on the Armie Hammer as Shazam train for years, I'm all in for it.

Pretty sure he means Johnny Depp dude

J_Viper

The bromance between Hammer and Cavil was so fucking good in UNCLE

It'd be great to bring that chemistry back in the DCEU

I still think they shouldn't cast Hammer yet and keep him as a backup Wayne, in case Affleck walks

Vic_Viper

Wonder Woman looks great and I cant wait but im worried that the trailers are pretty much showing every fight scene and isnt saving anything new for the movie. Theres one scene in particular that they show in every single trailer. Even the final US trailer released like last week showed the scene twice lol. The slow motion fight scene inside the abandoned apartment looks great and all, but I hope there is going to be more that we just havent seen in a trailer yet. Plus I hope they didnt over use the slow motion effect too much.

This will be the first DCEU film without Snyder's direct involvement. I guess Suicide Squad could be considered the first, but he did have alot of input into the movie and had 2 scenes directed by him in it.

Ashhong

Wonder Woman looks great and I cant wait but im worried that the trailers are pretty much showing every fight scene and isnt saving anything new for the movie. Theres one scene in particular that they show in every single trailer. Even the final US trailer released like last week showed the scene twice lol. The slow motion fight scene inside the abandoned apartment looks great and all, but I hope there is going to be more that we just havent seen in a trailer yet. Plus I hope they didnt over use the slow motion effect too much.

This will be the first DCEU film without Snyder's direct involvement. I guess Suicide Squad could be considered the first, but he did have alot of input into the movie and had 2 scenes directed by him in it.

They are showing a bunch of different fight scenes but almost always the same part of it. There's still plenty of cool stuff within the fight scene of course.

Also Snyder has story credit for WW, take that as you want. Could be huge could be small.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Gordon got banned I see, wonder what happened.

EDIT - Looks like he may have requested it judging by his posts from last night? Come back for Wonder Woman, Gordon!!!!

Vic_Viper

Snyder is involved whether you like it or not

What I was getting at is people cant blame Snyder if this is a hit or fails. The go to complaint so far with the DCEU has been Zack Snyder. So hopefully this movie would be a test as to what a movie would look like and perform without him behind the camera.

Ninjimbo

If WW makes bank and is received well, the Snyders should get a lot of credit. WW probably doesn't happen if wasn't for them.

It probably won't happen tho. Everyone will be too busy making jokes and putting Zack down. 😕

Boke1879

If WW makes bank and is received well, the Snyders should get a lot of credit. WW probably doesn't happen if wasn't for them.

It probably won't happen tho. Everyone will be too busy making jokes and putting Zack down. 😕

If the movie does well critically and commercially. Praise will be for Jenkins, Gal, their production and team and then ultimately WB and DC.

I do think Snyder deserves some credit because he didn't have to put her in BvS at all.

Effect

Snyder is getting flack for King Arthur. Dude can't catch a break.

This is how you know there is a dislike for the man himself from critics and a good part of it is not just because they dislike certain things in his films. There is a bias against him. He's getting shit for stuff he's in no way shape or form connected to. There is no reason at all his name should even appear in a review for King Arthur. It's like he's getting more crap in some places for that film then the actual director himself.

If people like the story for Wonder Woman watch him not get any credit. As suggested people will say he only had some words to make sure it matched up with BvS and Justice League. Yet if people hate the story he's going to be the only one that gets blasted for it.

See this is why I was happy when I saw Snyder got warm welcomes during the WW premier in China, even if those people probably liked him out of irony due to the memes.

Top Bottom