• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Corpsepyre

Banned
18622877_1360479880698589_121112710_n.jpg

shingi70

Banned
I'm really iffy on how Snyder color grades his films. They look breath taking but losing the pop in costume colors does take something away.

For example I love the color used in the flash pop and wished the costume on film had a color closer to it.

3235305-4.jpg

Raptor

There's a clip I watched of Diana and Steve arguing that was really good.
At one point Gal does this reaction of disgust when she finds out Steve was lying about something and it was amazing, lol.

This is exactly what Im saying in Discord lmao, that reaction is very very good.

Ahasverus

If I'm being be honest, the costume design for B&R and BF was not that bad, Bane aside. The red Ivy suit was really​ cool.

And tbf, their Robin Costume is fucking awesome. I think it was the first "modern" design for the character.

Ninjimbo

I don't really get the complaints that Snyder's films lack color. BvS is popping with them and all of it looks spectacular most of the time. I wish I had a collection images to properly show it.

Ninjimbo

Snyder's next project sounds pretty badass actually: The Illustrated Man. It's a scifi that's supposed to be 3 different stories that deal with VR, planetary exploration and other things. One of the stories is supposed to take place on Venus.

Hopefully it materializes.

shingi70

Banned
That I agree, but the nipple-less suits were good.

Armor >> Bodysuits. They feel royal. These ones look like Star Trek or some shit.

Meta looks like she's ripped from an Ivan resist spread and I appreciate that more. You also wouldn't wear battle armor all the time either.

It goes to the point that Arthur and Mera aren't truly Atlanetn royalty.

If I'm being be honest, the costume design for B&R and BF was not that bad, Bane aside. The red Ivy suit was really​ cool.

And tbf, their Robin Costume is fucking awesome. I think it was the first "modern" design for the character.

It's not really a robin, suit it's pretty much a night wing costume.

If Justice League does well, he'll be back for the sequel. He'll go off and do The Last Photograph as planned, it will give him a much needed break from the cape genre, and it will give them time to film some solo films and then he'll be back.

I think WB has to decide. Do they want someone that works well with them and doesn't stress the studio and makes the movie, or do they want to have someone that can cause trouble because he/she doesn't want the a studio movie.

Either way, PR department is going to have a rough time by keeping Snyder. And I think Snyder should do something else. 5 years or so on CBM is probably very exhausting, especiall with such "passionate" fans.

Snyder's next project sounds pretty badass actually: The Illustrated Man. It's a scifi that's supposed to be 3 different stories that deal with VR, planetary exploration and other things. One of the stories is supposed to take place on Venus.

Hopefully it materializes.

He's doing The Last Photograph. The film he was set to do before landing the Man of Steel gig.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...t-justice-league-plans-last-photograph-954812

I think WB has to decide. Do they want someone that works well with them and doesn't stress the studio and makes the movie, or do they want to have someone that can cause trouble because he/she doesn't want the a studio movie.

Either way, PR department is going to have a rough time by keeping Snyder. And I think Snyder should do something else. 5 years or so on CBM is probably very exhausting, especiall with such "passionate" fans.

Warner Bros has shown they already don't give a shit about people's opinion of Zack. The most opportune time to dump him would have been after Batman v Superman. It was the safest and easiest win they had in their pocket and they declined to use it. If Justice League does well, he's coming back. He's got a ton of experience working with VFX heavy films and stays on schedule and budget. Something a studio cares about more in the long run. As with sports, winning solves everything.

shingi70

Banned
Even if Justice League is a huge success I honestly hope Snyder doesn't come back for JL2. I'm ready to see a fresh face do the sequel.

Ahasverus

It's not really a robin, suit it's pretty much a night wing costume.
The BF was actually a really decent translation of the Robin suit for its time.

639ef21368dee4d914e0ae98a7b7e1d3.jpg

And yes, the B&R one was Nightwing inspired, but it also looked good.

I think Snyder will keep being a producer and might make another "big" DC film at a point in the future, like Flashpoint, Kingdom Come or something like that.

Firemind

Warner Bros has shown they already don't give a shit about people's opinion of Zack. The most opportune time to dump him would have been after Batman v Superman. It was the safest and easiest win they had in their pocket and they declined to use it. If Justice League does well, he's coming back. He's got a ton of experience working with VFX heavy films and stays on schedule and budget. Something a studio cares about more in the long run. As with sports, winning solves everything.
JL was scheduled to go into production right after BvS's release. Most of the preproduction was already finalized. It would make no sense for WB to delay JL to 2018 or beyond unless BvS catastrophically bombed.

Ninjimbo

He's doing The Last Photograph. The film he was set to do before landing the Man of Steel gig.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...t-justice-league-plans-last-photograph-954812
I think he left that project for someone else. Wikipedia has that updated to having Snyder as producer. He's supposed to be doing the Illustrated Man now. Unless that information is also wrong. I'd rather have him do that movie instead of The Last Photograph just cuz it sounds more up Snyder's wheelhouse. He seems to be really into dreamscape type of stuff.

I think he left that project for someone else. Wikipedia has that updated to having Snyder as producer. He's supposed to be doing the Illustrated Man now. Unless that information is also wrong. I'd rather have him do that movie instead of The Last Photograph just cuz it sounds more up Snyder's wheelhouse. He seems to be really into dreamscape type of stuff.

Well that THR report was from December of last year. He circled back around to the project. Wikipedia is likely information from 2011.

Ninjimbo

Well that THR report was from December of last year. He circled back around to the project. Wikipedia is likely information from 2011.
You're right. It is old information. Fuck. I wanted that movie lol.

Well at least we'll be getting something a little bit different after JL from Zack.

ReiGun

I hope the Cyborg movie happens 1. because Ray seems like a nice guy who deserves a big break and 2. to spite everyone who keeps shitting on it. I don't even like Cyborg that much, but some people are practically praying for it to fall apart and not happen.

Ahasverus

I hope the Cyborg movie happens 1. because Ray seems like a nice guy who deserves a big break and 2. to spite everyone who keeps shitting on it. I don't even like Cyborg that much, but some people are practically praying for it to fall apart and not happen.
I'm one of those people and it's because it's a waste of time. There are dozens other characters that people have been clamoring for years and I find unfair that they're getting relegated because Johns feels fucking Cyborg is a anything else that "see we're not racist": the character.

Hell, what is he even doing there? Martian Manhunter is the superior seventh member.

As these other projects continue to take forever to get out the front door, Cyborg's chances of happening continues to astronomically dwindle. If you went back to 2014 and told Warner Bros execs that they wouldn't start filming a Batman film until 2018, they'd probably laugh in your face and tell you they plan to start filming in 1-2 years and release by 2017. They can't even get major characters out of the way, ain't nobody giving a fuck about Cyborg at that studio other than Johns right now.

Top Bottom