• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Boke1879

Same. Ideally I would love for young girls and boys to idolize Wonder Woman instead of Batman. I don't think a lot of the hero worship for Batman is healthy in general, especially when it comes to young kids. Never have to be honest.

Batman is beloved because his world is interesting and he has interesting villains. Batman is my favorite hero on the DC side. Spiderman is my favorite on the Marvel side.

I don't think people really analyze it that much. He's just a guy in a cool costume with cool gadgets that takes on some cool villains.

I want young boys and girls to see this movie so people can see that it's time for female lead movies and that women can be superheroes and not relegated to side characters.

Effect

True I'm likely putting to much thought into it and kids don't even approach that level when they look at the character.

bryanee

Outside of the comics and BvS, Batman is never really shown to be as broken as he is in those. TAS touched upon some stuff but never to the point where he seems too far gone. Things like The Batman, Beware The Batman and Justice League Action show him to be much more approachable as a character and only highlight the more cooler, kick ass side to him.

Same. Ideally I would love for young girls and boys to idolize Wonder Woman instead of Batman. I don't think a lot of the hero worship for Batman is healthy in general, especially when it comes to young kids. Never have to be honest.

Why? Batman comes in different versions just like every other big comic book hero. Batman has his kid friendly versions.

Firemind

I've been (not so) subtly trying to convince my girl to watch it opening weekend but she's not very excited yet. Her expectations are super low (she hated BvS and Suicide Squad even more) so it'll be even sweeter when she ends up liking it.
My gf loved bvs and suicide squad lol

Firemind

Well, 2 out of 3 aint bad. I hope to find the trifecta someday.

What was the last horror movie she dragged you to?
i think the last one we watched together is no one lives? the one with luke evans? it wasn't too bad for my sanity fortunately

she recently asked me if i wanted to watch train to busan with her and i'm like nah i'm good

i can't stand zombies. if there was a zombie outbreak you can just put a bullet through my head

Penguin

On the reshoot rumors

“We’re just in the post-production process. That’s where we are. We’re in the middle of it, and I think it’s pretty common knowledge that we’re going to be doing some additional photography. The complications of trying to, you know—Henry [Cavill]’s on Mission: Impossible, and our Aquaman is making Aquaman, Amy [Adams]’ doing Sharper Objects [sic]—so everybody’s busy, and it’s that crazy Rubix cube of trying to find a way of getting everybody in the place to do the work that we need to do. Which is not that vast, the amount of work that we have to do, but it’s still really complicated that everybody’s in different places around the world.”

http://collider.com/justice-league-...l&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#images

dan2026

I don't think anyone should be idolising the Snyderverse Batman.

A murderous brute doesn't exactly make for a good role model.

I want young boys and girls to see this movie so people can see that it's time for female lead movies and that women can be superheroes and not relegated to side characters.

More of this? The young folks are realllllly not the problem here. They're not going to think about this because it's already a huge IP.

Root for the Lucy and Atomic Blondes of the world if you want to see more female led projects. There's a pretty consistent track record of revenue generated for female led projects in general, and that's what causes the hesitation. Same with "minority" led projects; it's a vicious circle of bullshit.

I'm reminded of Affleck having a relaxed schedule this year. Between that and War for the Planet of the Apes coming soon, I wonder what the time table is for the Batman movie... I imagine Matt Reeves will be asked that over and over during the press tour.

2018 is likely out of the question unless Aquaman moves forward and Batman takes its Christmas spot.

The Batman will likely start filming in the spring and shooting will probably last 4-6 months. The Batman is Summer 2019 at the earliest now.

WB could have a lot of movies for 2019.

Batman, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Nightwing, Flash, JL Dark etc. Lots of movies they could start, lets see what can start.

MisterHero

Seems like another new poster

DAZZrb4U0AAY4Vr.jpg
Best comic book movie poster?

yes

From an interview with Charles Roven,

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl-we-talk-wonder-woman-batman-and-dceu-with-producer-charles-roven-279 said:
When Affleck decided not to direct THE BATMAN and Matt Reeves stepped in, I think people were afraid that Ben may not reprise the role. Is there any fear of that?

I mean, I’m not really involved with THE BATMAN, but from everything… We have a cursory involvement because that character is going to touch us some way. If Ben plays that character it’s going to touch some part of what we are doing. But I have no feeling whatsoever except positive that Matt loves Ben and the work that he has done as Batman, and Ben thinks that Matt is a really terrific filmmaker. I have every expectation that they are going to make a movie together.

You have Joss Whedon coming in for BATGIRL, you have Reeves for THE BATMAN, I mean this is exciting stuff. Any talk of building a Bat-verse like they do in the comics?

Well, again, I’m not involved in BATGIRL, but I’m really a big fan of Joss Whedon as a filmmaker. I think it’s great that he is involved with the DCEU right now. I’ve been trying to get into business with him for a really long time. Up until a few years ago he was involved with Marvel and then when he left he didn’t want to think about it for awhile.

What's interested there is Roven seemingly not serving as a producer on Batman or Batgirl, or at most an executive producer credit. There was talk of Matt Reeves bringing his producing partners in. I'm all for him making the movie he wants to make.

Top Bottom