• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

J_Viper

It only really is the final encounter with Enchantress where SS turns to complete garbage.

The rest of it is messy, but it's watchable. I really hope Big Willy comes back in one of these films.

I fucking hated the first 30 minutes. It felt like amateur hour. Nothing flows together, and they introduce the plot multiple times. It's so weird. Mostly just an editing issue, because it really could have been much better. So much potential in that movie.

Nothing worse than the false start that movie does. It's like there were two competing ideas on how to start the film, they put them in back to back to see the differences, and someone forgot to cut one of them.

I fucking hated the first 30 minutes. It felt like amateur hour. Nothing flows together, and they introduce the plot multiple times. It's so weird. Mostly just an editing issue, because it really could have been much better. So much potential in that movie.
For a second I thought you were talking about WW.

Boke1879

I can't go into the Arrow thread because I didn't watch this season at all and there are surely spoilers all over the place, so for those here who finished it: how does Arrow S5 match up to the rest of the show? I liked the first two seasons a lot (the first more so than the second, which I know is a minority opinion), but things went on the decline in S3 and were derailed so badly in 4 that I dropped the show.

Accompanied with a soundtrack of last decade's top 40 hits. I mean Jesus, is there any post-2000 song more overplayed than Seven Nation Army?!

Arrow season 5 is damn good. Best season after 2. Watch it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can't go into the Arrow thread because I didn't watch this season at all and there are surely spoilers all over the place, so for those here who finished it: how does Arrow S5 match up to the rest of the show? I liked the first two seasons a lot (the first more so than the second, which I know is a minority opinion), but things went on the decline in S3 and were derailed so badly in 4 that I dropped the show.

Accompanied with a soundtrack of last decade's top 40 hits. I mean Jesus, is there any post-2000 song more overplayed than Seven Nation Army?!

Arrow S5 is the best in the series, maybe best CW season w/ Flash S1 & Legends S2

I was in WW when Arrow's finale aired, but until that point I might go as far to say S5 the best season of a CW show, and I dropped S4 before finishing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah season 5 is legit as fuck. I enjoyed every single episode, which I don't think has happened for me in any tv show in recent memory.

a916

Are they still doing the flashback crap? Also, let's stop talking about DCTV.

That's the hot garbage that turned me off... it's fine if that's the one show you're following... but if you're trying to watch all the CW shows, the flashbacks is an entirely different story that happens and also ties really obviously at the end of the season. I don't know why they keep going back to it.

LionPride

Banned
Season 5 of Arrow is better than Season 2, quality wise on all fronts it's better.

It was my third favorite season of the cape shows across the board this season with SHIELD and Legion coming ahead

LionPride

Banned
Season 5 is the best comic book show on television.
Acting wise it missed the mark dropping it below Legion amd SHIELD for me
Good to heart Arrow pulled off the landing, how were the other CW series this year? Can't watch till September
Supergirl was really good prior to the crossover, fell off, picked back up a bit

Flash was disappointing, bad pacing beginning to end, mediocte characterization of everyone, characters just meander around, nothing happened for a straight two months

Legends was an improvement, did well the first half, fell off when Rip came back, got good again

Penguin

Campea is gonna take his Gadot hate to the grave

DAr3p8wWsAAYUSQ.jpg

Arrogant asshole. His collegues don't speak up, because you are their boss, but your opinion straight up sucks, you sexist garbage man.

What broke me was how he's so much the undisputed boss there that over the years he's left like 2 or 3 times to pursue other projects with everyone shaking his hand and reading him speeches of gratitude ...until of course he comes when those projects fall through and takes right over the hosting spot regardless of how well other people were doing in his absence.

So ridiculous

J_Viper

Ah man, does Flash really drop in quality?

I've only seen the first season, and there's certainly some rotten episodes there, but when it hits, it's damn great. The finale almost had me in tears lol

Can I skip Arrow S3 & 4 and jump ahead to 5?

I've never seen Legends, but it seems interesting so I'll check it out eventually.

Only watched two episodes of Supergirl, but it seemed pretty bad, even though Melissa is cute as fuck. I hear it gets better.

I'm still making my way through S1 of SHIELD, I'm so behind on these cape shows.

jrush64

Banned
Flash isn't garbage, S3 just wasnt as good as S2 but still great. Supergirl is... meh but S2 was way better than S1. Arrow reigns supreme this season.

Flash has become a piece of crap show.

Arrow season 5 definitely is the best dc on cw has ever gotten. Bad guy was so entertaining man God damn. Also it finally balanced the mopey drama with action hero stuff in a way the show has not been able to for a long time

You might miss out on a few hints of stuff that are referenced of their past if you skip season 3 and 4 but you wouldn't really be lost. They suck anyways, just get to 5 dude

Blader

I've only seen the first season, and there's certainly some rotten episodes there, but when it hits, it's damn great. The finale almost had me in tears lol

S1 is the high point. S2 I thought was mostly fine to good, though it is overall a step down. S3 is a few more steps down from that and just feels poorly thought out more than anything. It's not that good but it's not as actively frustrating and annoying as Arrow S3/4 were.

Arrow S4 does have a pretty dope, one-take fight scene though.

LionPride

Banned

Can I skip Arrow S3 & 4 and jump ahead to 5?

I've never seen Legends, but it seems interesting so I'll check it out eventually.

Only watched two episodes of Supergirl, but it seemed pretty bad, even though Melissa is cute as fuck. I hear it gets better.

I'm still making my way through S1 of SHIELD, I'm so behind on these cape shows.
1. Flash drops in quality from Season 1 onward, I'll still watch but they losing me

2. Arrow Season 3/4 aren't bad. People just blew it all out of proportion and complained about EVERYTHING

3. Legends Season 1 = Mediocre Legends Season 2 = good

4. Supergirl gets good at episode 5ish

And of course SHIELD is just magnificent

Watch Legion too

Legion, Gotham and Arrow the best for me

I have to catch up on legends season 2 soon. I'd maybe like Shield, especially the ghost rider part, and it gets these guest actors that I really fuck with too. But I can't with a show that has Coulson as the main character.

LionPride

Banned

I have to catch up on legends season 2 soon. I'd maybe like Shield, especially the ghost rider part, and it gets these guest actors that I really fuck with too. But I can't with a show that has Coulson as the main character.
Coulson evolves so damn much, everyone does. Show is really my favorite Comic show of all time for a reason.

J_Viper

Thanks bros, I'll keep all these posts in mind as I work my way through the backlog.

I've only seen three episodes of Gotham, and I can't say it's a great show, but it's fucking nuts. The insanity factor and the top-notch production values make that show.

And Coulson is actually great on Shield!

Legends S2 is weekly, TV budget Guardians of the Galaxy type adventures. It hits its groove and doesn't take itself seriously. Like, they handwave time paradoxes all the time in service of fun stories.

Anyway, regarding Gal's performance and how much of a creep show that podcast dude is. I was skeptical going off the Fast movies and her moments in BvS, but she really owns the role. Friend I went with loved her (she keeps talking about her today). Is Gal a phenomenal actress who'll be up for an Oscar? No. She's elevated to Chris Evans quality for me. Really like him as Cap, but I ain't watching Gifted for him.

ReiGun

Last I'll say on Campea then I'm gonna leave it:

Dude has to realize the writing is on the wall and his opinion is very likely about to become the minority one. So all he can do is double, triple, and quadruple down on it.

Effect

Campea is gonna take his Gadot hate to the grave

Never any doubt that he'd respond this way. He'll never admit he was wrong or apologize on this front. He's going to die on that hill as best as possible. Like said before it's personal for him and he's not going to willingly let it go.

Still need to catch up and finish Gotham, Supergirl, and Legion (should be finishing that tonight) but Arrow's finale was insane. This entire season has been great and I think it does now match season 2. Flash was good but not where near as strong as Arrow. I'm willing to accept that because Arrow was so strong. If Flash had to suffer a little for Arrow to return to form then it's trade I'm willing to accept.

a916

Last I'll say on Campea then I'm gonna leave it:

Dude has to realize the writing is on the wall and his opinion is very likely about to become the minority one. So all he can do is double, triple, and quadruple down on it.

Or maybe we can realise that it's his opinion and leave it at that. I have an unnatural hate for anything Michael Cera is in.

ReiGun

Or maybe we can realise that it's his opinion and leave it at that. I have an unnatural hate for anything Michael Cera is in.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Having a years long campaign against the casting of an actor is a bit much for me though. I don't like Seth Rogan, but if he were casted in a movie I was anticipating, I'd be like, "Oh well. Bummer."

Sometimes it's the level of response that's more concerning than the opinion itself, ya know?

Boke1879

1. Flash drops in quality from Season 1 onward, I'll still watch but they losing me

2. Arrow Season 3/4 aren't bad. People just blew it all out of proportion and complained about EVERYTHING

3. Legends Season 1 = Mediocre Legends Season 2 = good

4. Supergirl gets good at episode 5ish

And of course SHIELD is just magnificent

Watch Legion too

I didn't even finish Arrow season 4. It was just boring to me. Season 3 wasn't even bad. You're right that people just started to complain about EVERYTHING though.

Top Bottom