• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Maddocks

Just got back from a West Coast screening, Kevin Smith showed up so that was pretty cool.

But damn, that movie, it was amazing. All the characters I loved and Gal, ma girl, ma princess, always knew she could pull it off and she killed it. Great great great origin story for Wonder Woman, if you loved her in BVS you will move planets for her after this one.

Description of the new animated DC logo, tagged, in case of someone is super sensitive:

t's quick shots of each of the 7 (the order I think goes Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, and Green Lantern) doing something heroic, the artwork for them is kinda abstract in that you don't see their faces. Then they're standing together, and the camera pulls back to reveal a whole roster of DC characters (way too fast to recognize a lot of them) before the DC logo fades in.

Folks saying It's the best DC flick since TDK. And one of the top tier origin stories.
banderas.png

Give this lady her sequel

Ashhong

I honestly didn't realize how important WW is to women. Call it male privilege or whatever, but it just never occurred to me. I didn't even have comic book heroes or anything when I was a kid, so maybe that's why idk. It's great for people who have been waiting for this movie though.

VanWinkle

I dont like Kevin Smith tbh. dude geeks out over everything.

Yeah, I mean, I definitely wouldn't take his opinion seriously when it comes to comics stuff. Seems like a good guy, but, I mean, the bro cried nonstop watching an episode of Flash on CW.

I did enjoy his Green Arrow comics run, though.

Ross61

Description of the new animated DC logo, tagged, in case of someone is super sensitive:

t's quick shots of each of the 7 (the order I think goes Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, and Green Lantern) doing something heroic, the artwork for them is kinda abstract in that you don't see their faces. Then they're standing together, and the camera pulls back to reveal a whole roster of DC characters (way too fast to recognize a lot of them) before the DC logo fades in.
That sounds awesome.

Man, this right really be a new day for the DCEU.

When MoS came out I didn't like it, but now I think Michael Shannon is lowkey a good villain.

dude was on an 11/10

I still don't like it, but his Zod is the best cape villain since Ledger's Joker easy.

of all the current actors nobody does pure rage as good as Shannon da gawd. and he makes it kinda hilarious too.

all this Wonder Woman praise and comparisons to Spiderman and Superman make me think that DC should just give patty jenkins man of steel 2 instead of matthew vaughn tbh.

Ashhong

I still don't like it, but his Zod is the best cape villain since Ledger's Joker easy.

of all the current actors nobody does pure rage as good as Shannon da gawd. and he makes it kinda hilarious too.

all this Wonder Woman praise and comparisons to Spiderman and Superman make me think that DC should just give patty jenkins man of steel 2 instead of matthew vaughn tbh.

I honestly think it is easier to do a hopeful and heroic movie like Spidey and WW vs something like MoS or BvS. I'm sure other directors can handle it

It's a new day for DC films brehs.

mjcry1.png

Marvel, DC, and Fox seem to be hitting their strides right now, The future looks bright.
If The younger me who spent his days watching Justice League Unlimited saw this future he'd die of exitement.

mjcry1.png

Penguin

Is there an action scene in WW that rivals the MoS Smallville scene or the BvS warehouse scene?

Hmm purely on a combative stance, no

She really doesn't have much of an "equal" to go back and forth with. But the action all feels... heroic sans the climax

Firemind

Is there an action scene in WW that rivals the MoS Smallville scene or the BvS warehouse scene?
I look forward to her fighting in the trenches the most. I wonder if the Germans will utter phrases like "nicht zu fassen" and "unmenschlich" after she blocks a mortar with her shield.

Ninjimbo

That's bullcrap, he likes what everyone seemingly doesn't.
Nah, he's just an old guy with nostalgia for old cinema. If you read his reviews, you kinda get a sense for when he's being serious and when he's just taking shots at people. He's a fan of Snyder's work most of the time.

That's the extent of which I'll defend Armond tho lol.

Boke1879

All of it.

I know exactly what he means since i've said the said thing before. Everything from the opening scene to where Deadshot does target practice is what I look at as the introduction phase.

It really feels like two different movies. First half for me up until where they get their gear is fun then once they head into the city you can see the tonal shift. Everything is dark, dreary, a lot more serious.

Theorry

Jup. I like the first 30 min. The whole Deadshot scene on the range is the best part of the movie. Ones they group up it turns to shit and keeps getting worse.

Ashhong

I fucking hated the first 30 minutes. It felt like amateur hour. Nothing flows together, and they introduce the plot multiple times. It's so weird. Mostly just an editing issue, because it really could have been much better. So much potential in that movie.

a916

I echo everything everyone has said so far. It's not The Dark Knight, no comic film touches that, but it's a really good movie and I can't wait to watch it again. For the record I love MOS, BVS UC, liked BVS TC, hated SS with a passion.

It's not even the third act, more like the 1/3s of the third act. It's like Megan Foxx's ugly thumb, it's there and it's not good, but it's whatever when you look at the full picture.

Also this.

Blader

I can't go into the Arrow thread because I didn't watch this season at all and there are surely spoilers all over the place, so for those here who finished it: how does Arrow S5 match up to the rest of the show? I liked the first two seasons a lot (the first more so than the second, which I know is a minority opinion), but things went on the decline in S3 and were derailed so badly in 4 that I dropped the show.

I fucking hated the first 30 minutes. It felt like amateur hour. Nothing flows together, and they introduce the plot multiple times. It's so weird. Mostly just an editing issue, because it really could have been much better. So much potential in that movie.

Accompanied with a soundtrack of last decade's top 40 hits. I mean Jesus, is there any post-2000 song more overplayed than Seven Nation Army?!

Top Bottom