• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

RyL

Banned
it's just the same old posters, over and over again.

Wow, it's just a lighthearted joke from both of us, and it fitted the subject. Being overly sensitive over such trivial nonsense must be tiring. Don't worry, I won't discriminate your favourite plastic toy any further.
Just ignore it and keep posting your juvenile arse and tits comments...

RpgN

This. Where is my Xtreeeeeeeeme Waifu beach volleyball simulator?

:(

Shut up guys! DoA fighting game is where it's at :3

I've been watching videos of DoA5 (getting tempted) and was thinking of getting it soon, but now I'll just wait and see how the vita version is handled. I'd rather have one on the go if it's a competent port.

Great news, it would be nice to have more games from Tecmo Koei. I've been predicting Ninja Gaiden 3 for a long time now, don't disappoint me!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So nice, DoA 5 on that OLED. Will definitely get it if they don't screw up the Vita transition.

It's not a zero-sum game. A cheap, easy port doesn't mean that you lost what could have been an original game - it only means you gained a cheap, easy port.

But it's getting to the point of being absurd. I'm just frustrated by what appears to be an almost complete lack of interest in the platform by third party developers.

And that port will surely be $40, so it isn't cheap to me.

Sorry. I just want something more compelling than yet another port of a C rate IP.

I want more games like Gravity Rush.

What is a c rate IP? Why would you compare Gravity Rush with a fighting game?

But it's getting to the point of being absurd. I'm just frustrated by what appears to be an almost complete lack of interest in the platform by third party developers.

Uh every platform gets a good dosis of ports?

I meant cheap for them, the point being that this game isn't exactly sucking resources that would otherwise have been used for original Vita games. The alternative would be NO Vita games.

In which fantasy land would any third parties want to make a Vita original/exclusive game? The Vita doesn't really have any killer features that make it such an obvious choice for new ideas, so why is it such a bad thing for it to be the portable PS3 it's essentially being marketed as?

Wow, it's just a lighthearted joke from both of us, and it fitted the subject. Being overly sensitive over such trivial nonsense must be tiring. Don't worry, I won't discriminate your favourite plastic toy any further.
Just ignore it and keep posting your juvenile arse and tits comments...

yeah, game gets announced, sales talk is TOTALLY on topic. of course if fits the subject.../facepalm.
i'm really sorry to hurt your feelings too because i don't even own a vita.
I'm the one being juvenile and you're the one attacking posters in another thread about people who bought a vita and insulting them. man, these juniors...

Skilletor

I meant cheap for them, the point being that this game isn't exactly sucking resources that would otherwise have been used for original Vita games. The alternative would be NO Vita games.

In which fantasy land would any third parties want to make a Vita original/exclusive game? The Vita doesn't really have any killer features that make it such an obvious choice for new ideas, so why is it such a bad thing for it to be the portable PS3 it's essentially being marketed as?

Not to mention the fact that it's selling horribly worldwide. I see no fiscal reason for developers to invest into the platform.

That's another thread, though. This one is about DoA.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE FIGHTERS ON VITA!!!!

Usually you have that with late ports. It will definitely have extra stuff with that PLUS title which is always a great thing for new owners.

This is definetly day 1 for me eventough I have the ps3 version. I hope it contains all the costume packs and wish they'll work with ps3. :p

rather have DOA Paradise 2 tbph
1wrUf

Great news! Vita definitely needs some love!

Wonder what the plus means: more story? new character? New costumes? Hope they include all the DLC costumes. I'm sure they'll have more but would stink if you had to buy them.

CamHostage

oh boy , another port from a home console to the vita.....

If for some reason you have a vita and no PS3 or 360 then I suppose you can celebrate.

There's two ways of thinking about modern portables. One is, I want good games customized to take full advantage of this hardware. The other is, I want games I like.

Customized game design for portables made sense back in the GB days because A. the system was woefully underpowered, B. games were crazy-expensive, and C. were difficult to produce no matter the target platform. GB/GBA games weren't always great, but they were their own thing and they were all we had. Now, our handheld systems are nearing the power of our desktops (and we're reaching a point where software makers are hardly dying for horsepower, sure Crysis 3 will stress your machine but when you can run a 1080p video stream and have Skype running and be playing Starcraft II AND still have enough power to run the spreadsheet for the work you're supposed to be doing, it's no wonder that Apple is looking to ditch the Intel chipset and just plug a suped-up iPad processor into its future Macs.) We have games that are free to play as well as games that are state of the art but can be found in bargain bins within a month. And we have middleware that makes per-platform production possible with the flip of a switch (of course, you've got to do a lot of optimizing and reskinning to make it work well on a system, but you don't have to start from scratch every time like you used to.) Getting games is incredibly easy, and bold hardware innovation (as innovative as it is, everything Wii U can do is a simple SmartGlass/Android app away from being totally doable on your phone) is making convergence between devices incredibly easy as well.

Nintendo is sticking to the old way with 3DS, and that's doing them good because they are Nintendo. Hardware is moving. But what software is selling? It's Mario Kart, it's Super Mario, and it's the DS versions of Pokemon. Nothing that couldn't be and isn't being done on Wii/Wii U. Even after the creative revolution of the DS, we're back to meat-and-potatoes. They've used the camera a little bit, they've used the touchscreen here and there, they've used the wireless features to play around, but for the most part, they're making traditional games on this untraditional system.

Sony can't go Nintendo's route and expect to succeed, because they are not Nintendo. They already tried with PSP and it didn't go (outside Japan, at least.) Those cool "side-games" like Killzone Liberation and GTA Liberty City Stories, the stuff that Nintendo traffics in, those could all be easily done as $10 PSN or DLC releases. Nothing is keeping Pushmo off Wii U except for choosiness. This avenue won't work for Sony. So they're trying something closer to what Apple and Google are doing, offering the games people want where they want them. Give a choice, explore the options, and hopefully gamers who want both PlayStations will own both and gamers who only want one PlayStation will be happy with the console or the portable. All Sony cares about in the end is that gamers want a PlayStation, getting them to make that choice over everything else is hard enough. Sony's approach of erasing the line between console and portable is not proving itself right now, but it might be the only way for a portable PlayStation to work.

I don't think this will be the case with DOA5+, but always remember, the game that made PSP a blockbuster was in fact a form of a port: Monster Hunter.

It's no longer all about what the system can do for the game, it's what the game can do for the system.

RpgN

Sorry. I just want something more compelling than yet another port of a C rate IP.

I want more games like Gravity Rush.

It's not a C rate IP.

You might not be waiting for this game, but I and I'm sure others having been hoping to have the game on the vita. It's nice to have choice if you prefer playing certain games on the big screen or on the go.

Also, I doubt this game or other ports have any effect on original IP for the vita. They will come if they're planned, if they never planned on announcing exclusive games, it's still great to have ports for the people who want them.

Pimpbaa

Hope the polygon count on the girls isn't dropped too much. Needs a photoshoot mode to really "appreciate" the girls too with perhaps AR stuff.

Top Bottom