• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

Takao

Banned
My point was that I'd hardly call it an rpg/fighting game heaven when the platform doesn't have that many rpg's or fighting games. I mean, I thought I was pretty clear

I'd say Vita has more fighting games than it really needs:

- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
- Reality Fighters (lol)
- Supremacy MMA Unrestricted (lol)
- Mortal Kombat
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (lol)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus

It'll probably get ports of more Arc games too.

jrDev

Nice to see more fighter support on Vita!

Nope, now that 3DS isn't that weak tech wise so they're trying to follow the same game console route of the PSP and Vita when possible. 3DS has a lot ports, remakes or new titles of home console games IPs.

If they don't do it more (or did it more in the past) is because of lack of horsepower or proper controls for some genres. It isn't something related to design. This is why most of this games in 3DS that are from last gen or older, or sometimes have to make a new game instead of just to port.

But hey, when they announce Ocarina, Metal Gear 3, Pilotwings, Resident Evil, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive or Monster Hunter (just to name some few) in 3DS nobody says OH NO console games! In this case people who says that this happens in Vita and it's a bad thing doesn't whine.

There are a lot of people like me who wants to play certain current gen games in portables and are happy with it. If there are others who prefer to do the same but with a N64 game instead, and with games of really miked old IPs. It's their choice. As valid as ours.

Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan, Dokuro, Army Corps of Hell, Mutant Blob Attacks, Tearaway, Orgarythm, Unit 13, Souls Sacrifice, Sumioni or Dragon's Crown and many others are bringing a number of new IPs tailored for the portable. Let's say that it isn't weak regarding to this when compared to 3DS.
What in the world are you talking about? No one champions ports for the 3DS. Pilot Wings, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive aren't ports on the 3DS...Zelda is a remake and Monster Hunter is a portable series with all things considered (Nevermind how HUGE the franchise is)...this is why the damn system won't survive at all and it makes me sick (not literally) everytime I see another port added and lauded. You can't hide the fact that the ports overshadow a lot of the unique (quality not included) games the system gets. It's the same thing that happened to the Wii, the party games overshadowed a lot of the unique IPs which that stigma stuck with the system to this day even though it's built a sizable must play list of titles in the end.

Don't get your lines crossed, ports are completely different than remakes, since you know, you might not be able to play a remake somewhere else and it actually has some effort put into it. For what it's worth, FFXr (vaporware?) is a much better proposition than more ports.

Skilletor

- Reality Fighters (lol)
- Mortal Kombat
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus

How can any system have too many games? Of any genre? If people enjoy them?

The stupid in this thread, I swear.

How can any system have too many games? Of any genre? If people enjoy them?

The stupid in this thread, I swear.

I don't want to derail the thread but It's pretty obvious how. Imagine how hard it would be to sell a game in a genre with so much competition

B.O.O.M

I don't want to derail the thread but It's pretty obvious how. Imagine how hard it would be to sell a game in a genre with so much competition

Are you working for one of the companies? I see this mentality a lot when it comes to vita. As long as the games are good i see no reason why consumers like us should give a crap.

sajj316

How would it be different than consoles? It's like saying the PC has too many real time strategy games. It's not like these games are shovel-ware.

How would it be different than consoles? It's like saying the PC has too many real time strategy games. It's not like these games are shovel-ware.
He said "how can any platform have too much games of any genre." It isn't any different than on consoles. On consoles you see many new FPS ip's bomb tremendously because many people would rather play the big FPS staple franchises and have many other FPS games to chose from

Don't think we even have shipped numbers for most of vita titles to even come to that conclusion.

As for NGS+....that game has been done over god knows how many times. I'm sure they are happy with the sales
We don't really need them, we have a pretty good picture of sellthrough and can guess from there. The only 3rd party game with any real chance of having done over 300k already is probably UMVC3, which did really well in the US (over 100k) but bombed hard everywhere else (under 15k Japan, never charted anywhere in Europe iirc). Newer stuff like AC3L, CODD and P4G (with western sales) will likely pass 300k too.

I expect they're happy with NGS+ sales since they're doing NGS2+. Doesn't change the fact that Team Ninja's 3 Vita games combined will probably end up selling less than DOAD did.

We don't really need them, we have a pretty good picture of sellthrough and can guess from there. The only 3rd party game with any real chance of having done over 300k already is probably UMVC3, which did really well in the US (over 100k) but bombed hard everywhere else (under 15k Japan, never charted anywhere in Europe iirc). Newer stuff like AC3L, CODD and P4G (with western sales) will likely pass 300k too.

I expect they're happy with NGS+ sales since they're doing NGS2+. Doesn't change the fact that Team Ninja's 3 Vita games combined will probably end up selling less than DOAD did.
It's possible that 3DS can't handle Sigma engine, which all of Team Ninja's games this generation use.

- Reality Fighters (lol)
- Mortal Kombat
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus

I'm a little surprised it doesn't already have P4Arena.

I expect Namco to bring Tekken and Soulcalibur eventually too. I think Capcom's probably done though, and don't see Sega bothering with VF ports.

It's possible that 3DS can't handle Sigma engine, which all of Team Ninja's games this generation use.
NG2 didn't, but yeah. I wouldn't expect any of those games on 3DS though, 3DS will probably get a Dragon Sword sequel or something. Maybe a DOAX game too.

I fully expect Vita to get Sigma 3 Plus too.

Skilletor

He said "how can any platform have too much games of any genre." It isn't any different than on consoles. On consoles you see many new FPS ip's bomb tremendously because many people would rather play the big FPS staple franchises and have many other FPS games to chose from

I'm sorry, let me rephrase the question. As a gamer and not a stockholder or developer, why care so long as there are games to enjoy in the genre you like?

What you say has nothing to do with the number of fps games available, but the popularity of a few major IPs.

I'm sorry, let me rephrase the question. As a gamer and not a stockholder or developer, why care so long as there are games to enjoy in the genre you like?

What you say has nothing to do with the number of fps games available, but the popularity of a few major IPs.

Every Vita related thread is mere posts away from a Vita is dead thread

With regards to 'fighting game saturation', it might shock some people but fighting games are vastly different from one and other and command their own niches and have their own fanbases

Takao said:
- Reality Fighters (lol)
- Mortal Kombat
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus

Looking at that list, how many of those play the same? Ignoring from the Arc games, even then, they aren't that similar; none of them are alike

Fighting games can't be compared to FPS games since you're actively doing completely different shit between them. Aside from the odd quirk, FPS games are pretty similar. You aim down your sights and you shoot dudes

this post just boggles the mind...lolwutisthis?

I just listed 4 of the top 6 games at Evo. What's to be confused about? If you're a fighting game fan, what you're looking for probably isn't on Vita.

It's a shame too, Dark Resurrection was easily one of my most played games on PSP, and that didn't have any real online play.

sajj316

I just listed 4 of the top 6 games at Evo. What's to be confused about? If you're a fighting game fan, what you're looking for probably isn't on Vita.

It's a shame too, Dark Resurrection was easily one of my most played games on PSP, and that didn't have any real online play.

Yet. Name another device that got this much support on the fighting game front in it's first year.

This thread is bizarre. People saying Vita has too many fighting games as if they're somehow interchangeable? Armchair analysts pretending that a cheap port has to sell 500,000 copies to be profitable? What.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic about the news. It's a pretty significant announcement - Vita's first 3D fighter. It's filling what had been a pretty embarrassing gap in the system's lineup, especially considering Playstation's history. It also doesn't hurt that it's the only 3D fighter that actually makes effective use of its 3D space in my opinion.

Proceed with the bickering...

RiZ III

Hope the polygon count on the girls isn't dropped too much. Needs a photoshoot mode to really "appreciate" the girls too with perhaps AR stuff.

I'm thinking the faces will still look nice, textures will lose a lot of detail, and sharp knees. They'll have to sacrifice something of course. We could probably expect Ninja Gaiden Vita graphics, which weren't bad.

A.E Suggs

While this isn't a bad thing I don't know if i'll get it just yet. I probably will end up getting it day 1 anyway due to lack of vita games.

Spiegel

Yes, NGS+ did better than K-T expected.

PlayStation.Blog: It’s not been long since the release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. Why are we seeing a sequel so soon?

Yosuke Hayashi, Team Ninja: We released Sigma Plus earlier this year and it actually did better than we expected, and there was a lot of fan demand for releasing a sequel. We were really happy with the results we got with the original, so that’s why we’re announcing Sigma 2 Plus.

And they were disappointed with the sales of DoA:Dimensions.

The difference between ports and new games and ease of development and asset sharing between PS3/360 and Vita, I guess.

Pimpbaa

I'm thinking the faces will still look nice, textures will lose a lot of detail, and sharp knees. They'll have to sacrifice something of course. We could probably expect Ninja Gaiden Vita graphics, which weren't bad.

Sacrifice background detail not the girls!

Yet. Name another device that got this much support on the fighting game front in it's first year.

5JY3E.jpg

Aw yeah. <3 this thing.

Sacrifice background detail not the girls!
That's what they did with the console versions. Some of those stages seriously had XBOX 1 level geometry and PS2 level textures. I thought DOA4 looked much better (other than the models, of course).

I hope the Vita port brings back some classic stages. DOA5 really dropped the ball in that respect.

That's what they did with the console versions. Some of those stages seriously had XBOX 1 level geometry and PS2 level textures. I thought DOA4 looked much better (other than the models, of course).

I hope the Vita port brings back some classic stages. DOA5 really dropped the ball in that respect.

I'd love the great wall stage of DOA2.

And then suddenly Square Enix teaser announcements of announcements din't look that bad anymore.

Great addition to the library, I'm still not into the gameplay of SFxT on Vita and probably never will, will probably trade-in for this if the incoming mega patch doesn't change this feel

Yes, NGS+ did better than K-T expected.

And they were disappointed with the sales of DoA:Dimensions.

The difference between ports and new games and ease of development and asset sharing between PS3/360 and Vita, I guess.
Do you have a source for that? I can't seem to find one, and in their IR Koei Tecmo highlighted the game's sales and seemed to indicate it was a positive result.

Meanwhile they didn't mention NGS+ at all in their IR results apart from it being released in a line shared with Dynasty Warriors Next.

B.O.O.M

So we are gonna guess now? The system launched worldwide less than a year ago! Of course LTD sales won't be as high as they could be. Most devs seems to be pretty happy with the sales from the system. It's all about the expense and expectations they have when bringing games. The 3ds game did not meet the expectations. But games like NGS+ did. That's the difference. There was a clear difference between the budgets for games like NGS and DOAD.

ps: here's the source for their DOAD comments
http://nintendoeverything.com/82715/team-ninja-disappointed-with-dead-or-alive-dimensions-sales/

Fucking lol! So wait Evo now dictates what games are 'top' tier now? No my friend ..the quality of the game itself will. Next thing you know you will tell me the new Soul Calibur game is top tier or something lol

Games like UMvC3, MK, BlazBlue are really high quality fighting games which are packed with great content. Yet to play SfvsT but afaik that's a good game too..none of the on disk dlc butthurt applies to the vita version either.

This device launched less than a year ago. And we already have this many games. I'm sorry but your argument has to be one of the most stupid things I have read in a long time.

Top Bottom