• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

RBH

An animated film having an animated short is not the same as a cartoon playing in front of a live action feature. The experience of seeing Forbidden Planet, for example, was much heightened when the historic theater I saw it at played a Sylvester and Porky sci-fi cartoon prior, for example, and a lot of movies would, I think, benefit from having a "light" work in front of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah he was right, but people posting jn wrasslin threads like us should probably not point fingers at other communities too much, you know?
I have no idea why you'd feel like this. We are the superior fandom.

Gonzalez

Banned
Alright I finished H8. I will say this about the film.... It felt like a top 3, or 4 QT movie, but when it got to the how, and why, that's when it fell down in the rankings. But I was still a damn good film.

...Also Sam Jackson absolutely killed it. This man deserves an Oscar for his
duel role as the hero, and the main villain.
His scene before the intermission, rivaled Walken's gold watch story. Maybe even surpassed it, too.

Oersted

An animated film having an animated short is not the same as a cartoon playing in front of a live action feature. The experience of seeing Forbidden Planet, for example, was much heightened when the historic theater I saw it at played a Sylvester and Porky sci-fi cartoon prior, for example, and a lot of movies would, I think, benefit from having a "light" work in front of them.

True. Cartoons are missed period. Was recently in Peanuts where Snoopy randomly appeared in an instant at one place and than another. You know, cartoon logic. Kids constantly asked "how does he do this?"

jred2k

Alright I finished H8. I will say this about the film.... It felt like a top 3, or 4 QT movie, but when it got to the how, and why, that's when it fell down in the rankings. But I was still a damn good film.

...Also Sam Jackson absolutely killed it. This man deserves an Oscar for his
duel role as the hero, and the main villain.
His scene before the intermission, rivaled Walken's gold watch story. Maybe even surpassed it, too.

WHY THE FUCK DID I CLICK IT?

Lothar

Banned
Hateful Eight would have a been a really great movie if it was a hour and a half instead of 3 hours. As is, it's good, but I don't think it's great like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, or Django. The movie did not need to be that long. I feel bad for the people watching the regular version without an intermission. The fact that it's like 3 hours in one location makes it really needed.

WHY THE FUCK DID I CLICK IT?

That is seriously no big deal. I watched it and I'm not even sure what that line means.
There are no heroes, everyone in it is bad like the title says.
<- Only a spoiler if you think things Quintin has talked about in interviews about the movie is a spoiler. Like what's it about.

JavyOO7

Hateful Eight is three fucking hours?! I still can't wait.

Wonderful movie. Liked it tons. I will have to buy the blu-ray when it comes out.

EDIT - First half is slow but just before intermission the movie stops going slow and the movie picks up.

I did not mind the scenes (entire movie really) of the long dialogue between the characters. QT or whoever wrote the script knows what they are doing for the most part, and not to mention everyone in the film is competent at saying their lines. He didn't say much but I liked Tim Roth's character in the movie... I'm just a big fan. He has a wonderful voice and I've watched one of my favorite TV shows ever in 'Lie to Me' several times because of his performance in it.

Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor and delivers his lines well... hamming it up quite a bit. But he's so charming all the charisma he oozes through in the movie.

Goggins character is super funny with his rants. My goodness.

EDIT 2 - IMO, it more than stands up to QT's best. I wouldn't say its THE best QT movie but I feel it stands up really well against the rest of them. I only have two misgivings about the movie... but I can look over it for the most part.

Menome

I think I'm fighting a losing battle in Gaming for being excited about Battleborn. Why must I be a mark for people/things that others are indifferent to?

Gonzalez

Banned
That is seriously no big deal. I watched it and I'm not even sure what that line means.
There are no heroes, everyone in it is bad like the title says.
<- Only a spoiler if you think things Quintin has talked about in interviews about the movie is a spoiler. Like what's it about.

You're right, the main characters are all bad. But Jacksons character is an absolute sadomasochist, and extremely manipulative. You actually start to feel sorry for the "Bad guys", even when the flashback exposes the the awful things they did prior to the real-time events.

I'd like a Steve Jobs-style movie of Vince telling the backstage story behind three pay-per-view tapings.
Hmmmm, interesting. That event was so big yet we don't hear much about it.

Only if he can make it using Lapsed Vince.
I've no idea what that is unfortunately.

I want a 10 part Vince McMahon HBO series
5 of 10 will be about Steroids.
Who could possibly play Vince McMahon?
Leonardo

Only you.

Question, If Smash was on the current WWE roster would be a great fit? Because he's always commenting during his matches?

E: Holy smokes anyone check out front page of wwe.com? the instagrams of the year.. Some of them sweating.gif

thefro

NXT has "best of" for 2015 this year and next week. Unfortunately.

They apparently showed about 5 minutes of a great Neville v.s. Cesaro match from the Arnold Classic that's never been seen before (and is going to be on a Best of NXT DVD coming out).

It's from a podcast called The Lapsed Fan. One of the guys does a spot on impression of Vince, but his version of Vince is an ultra paranoid, insecure, homicidal maniac that's always horny.
So the 1990s version of Vinny?

Not even Twilight Zone fucks with wwe lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm up to...October 2014 in my NXT watch. Heel Titus is here and looks like Andre playing with middle schoolers.

Also everyone in the opening video is up in the main roster now except for Bayley.

Top Bottom