• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Gonzalez

Banned
TFA is such a hollow mediocre film. I'm surprised by the praise it's getting around here, given the hate for movies like this seem to garner.

Well, I'll give it time. Eventually the rubes will figure it out.

TFA is such a hollow mediocre film. I'm surprised by the praise it's getting around here, given the hate for movies like this seem garner.

"I don't like this thing, but other people seem to. Oh well, eventually they'll see the error of their ways and see the light like I have."

DMczaf

From the Meltz

But I would be surprised with them making an announcement so far in advance if he wasn’t figured into a significant role on the show. He’s used terms such as “it’s gonna be big” and “next level shit” planned regarding the appearance, which sounds like a tease for a major match. Johnson had planned to headline WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans with Brock Lesnar, and in fact an angle to start that program was scheduled for the day after WrestleMania 29, but due to a hernia and some muscle tears in the second Cena match, it never happened.

Thorakai

next level shit?

the rock vs brock lesnar vs the undertaker vs stone cold vs shawn michaels vs goldberg

in a electrified cage inferno barbed wire elimination death match

Sephzilla

I think I'm fighting a losing battle in Gaming for being excited about Battleborn. Why must I be a mark for people/things that others are indifferent to?

You're fighting a losing battle because you're being a mark for a game made by Gearbox, possibly the carniest game dev out there.

Sephzilla

If this Wrestlemania is Taker's final year I wonder what they'll do to send him off. Since Taker vs Sting is almost certainly off the table, I think they need to pull the trigger and call up Finn Balor and have Demon Balor retire Undertaker. Letting an old timer or someone like Cena retire Taker feels like a waste of a good rub, especially since The Streak rub was kind of wasted too in my opinion. Balor is the perfect guy to retire Taker.

If this Wrestlemania is Taker's final year I wonder what they'll do to send him off. Since Taker vs Sting is almost certainly off the table, I think they need to pull the trigger and call up Finn Balor and have Demon Balor retire Undertaker. Letting an old timer or someone like Cena retire Taker feels like a waste of a good rub, especially since The Streak rub was kind of wasted too in my opinion. Balor is the perfect guy to retire Taker.

I'm sure Taker is going to let some nobody beat him in his last match. He's probably going over Cena.

You know what guys, maybe we're blind.

We haven't even drawn this yet,

The Undertaker's opponent will be,

Well what other way can you sell out ATT?

It's going to be

THE ROCK!

Striker

Sorry lol, couldn't make it past this line without laughing

Taker's officially at the "believe he's retired when it's a decade after his last match and he hasn't come back yet" stage of carny
The End of an Era match will be four years old at this years show. The End, indeed.

TFA is such a hollow mediocre film. I'm surprised by the praise it's getting around here, given the hate for movies like this seem to garner.

Maybe you'll like it better when the Blu-Ray comes out and you can watch it with Motion Smoothing.

klonere

Banned
Alright having re-watched the Destiny 2015 main event I get the complaints about Marufuji. He's missing a gear. He certainly didn't match the intensity and energy of Suzuki and he just has this most inexpressive face. Like his selling is so flat and boring. And apparently he botches a lot but I guess that makes sense given his interesting moveset.

Suzuki still the GOAT, had a 4 star match with more or less himself. Still a lot of good stuff on that show, even if NOAH is struggling.

Menome

As a New Year gift, I received a letter to my dismissal meeting through the post from my workplace.

Been off repeatedly thanks to a rather horrific run of migraines that started this year. On medication that's kept them down to once or twice a week as opposed to a couple of times a day, but that's apparently still too frequent for their liking.

If I can get unfair-dismissal compensation from the Employment Tribunal, a couple of months of being able to try a variety of meds without worrying every day about making it to work should be beneficial.

I'm still probably more fit to wrestle than Daniel Bryan though. :(

#IndyPosterThursday

12440506_1100251780024964_5245038243487659330_o.jpg

CXeS7fTWkAAJlTU.jpg:large

Carnby

I can't give my full endorsement to Fury Road due to the horrible audio mixing. The dialogue sounds has the audio quality of a made for TV movie or a soap opera.

Akebono is thinking during the Sapp fight, "Well, this is still better than being in All Japan, but I've made a huge mistake starting another wrestling company in Japan."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a New Year gift, I received a letter to my dismissal meeting through the post from my workplace.

Been off repeatedly thanks to a rather horrific run of migraines that started this year. On medication that's kept them down to once or twice a week as opposed to a couple of times a day, but that's apparently still too frequent for their liking.

If I can get unfair-dismissal compensation from the Employment Tribunal, a couple of months of being able to try a variety of meds without worrying every day about making it to work should be beneficial.

I'm still probably more fit to wrestle than Daniel Bryan though. :(

Employment Tribunal? You live in a wild country.

Savitar

– According to the WON, there’s a lot of discussion in WWE about Finn Balor and Bayley’s viability when they make it to the main roster. The site reports that several people have been talking about their media appearances where they’ve said they’re happy staying in NXT.

In Balor’s case, there’s a lot of talk about how NXT is relying heavily on Balor to have big main event matches, with concern that he’s breaking down his body too much with the brand’s expanding touring schedule. Balor is thirty-four and with more touring expected this year, the worry is that NXT is supposed to get him ready to be able to make it to the main roster, not break him apart before he gets there.

As for Bayley, the feeling is that she’ll either be the biggest female star in WWE history or will flounder on the main roster, with no in-between. Some in the company see her as a female John Cena in terms of her ability to do charity work and bring in younger fans, particularly younger female fans. WWE has never had a strong audience among young girls outside of the few periods where they were strong across all demographics. There’s concern that any attempts to contrive situations on the main roster like the young superfan Izzy, which helped promote Bayley in a big way, could lead to a backlash.

There’s also talk that Bayley’s current character plays well as a “big sister” type for young fans to idolize, which has an inherent shelf life. If the company waits too long to pull the trigger she could outgrow that image.

Has Bayley's past twitter swearing been properly scrubbed?

Top Bottom