• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

I love that all themes in New Japan are basically similar to the music played in many epic battles in Japanese RPGs. Just a few to use as examples:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkiOGBL78aQ <--- Satoshi Kojima

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E67m80dbzc <--- Hiroyoshi Tenzan

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUTl-wbyn0 <--- Hayabusa

If I could use a theme of my own, it would be this Ryuji Yamazaki theme. It's not quite as much of an epic theme but I've taken a liking to it more than I've expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMS89UXqYI8

#IndyPosterThursday

12440506_1100251780024964_5245038243487659330_o.jpg

Bootleg Owens/Bootleg Zayn/Hurricane vs Bootleg ACH/Bootleg CM Punk/I have no clue

Watched a bit of Slamboree '98 and the Hogan/Warrior match from Havoc '98 this morning.

The pop for Ciclope was INSANE, only to die down almost immediately as the match wasn't that tight.

Hogan/Warrior was an absolute abomination of a match. I knew it was going to be bad going in (I expected worse) so I knew what I was in for. Talk about two guys not evolving with the sport. That match was filled with shit that would have hyped people in 1991, but for 98? Woof. Hogan's blade was so obvious and so unnecessary. The botched lighter moment in the corner was hilariously awful. Warrior was continuously trying to do his "pump me up" thing, but the crowd wasn't having it. Also both of them looked like over cooked fried chicken.

Oh yeah, Nick Patrick is a shitty referee.

Wale, host of WaleMania and friend of Dave Meltzer, should host.

meltzermania.jpg
There's enough trash on the roster as it is
Kreayshawn for divas champ please
Lol, she needs the tax money
Watched a bit of Slamboree '98 and the Hogan/Warrior match from Havoc '98 this morning.

The pop for Ciclope was INSANE, only to die down almost immediately as the match wasn't that tight.

Hogan/Warrior was an absolute abomination of a match. I knew it was going to be bad going in (I expected worse) so I knew what I was in for. Talk about two guys not evolving with the sport. That match was filled with shit that would have hyped people in 1991, but for 98? Woof. Hogan's blade was so obvious and so unnecessary. The botched lighter moment in the corner was hilariously awful. Warrior was continuously trying to do his "pump me up" thing, but the crowd wasn't having it. Also both of them looked like over cooked fried chicken.

Oh yeah, Nick Patrick is a shitty referee.
That match is disgusting.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody gives a shit about wrestlers breaking down in WWE, everyone except Cena is completely expendable to them, unless they're afraid they'll die in the middle of the ring or get a concussion and potentially murder their entire family, in which case they won't even let you come within 20ft of a wrestling ring anymore. Otherwise, shut up and work through the pain, we're the only game in town and you can't make money elsewhere, you fuck!

Nobody gives a shit about wrestlers breaking down in WWE, everyone except Cena is completely expendable to them, unless they're afraid they'll die in the middle of the ring or get a concussion and potentially murder their entire family, in which case they won't even let you come within 20ft of a wrestling ring anymore. Otherwise, shut up and work through the pain, we're the only game in town and you can't make money elsewhere, you fuck!
Calm down

Fox318

I have 2 wrestling gimmicks that I wish were done.

• Heel Otaku who always has a body pillow he fights for and protects and he preaches how 2D is better than 3D.
  • Wrestler who thinks everything is a shoot. Comes out with a coach, cutman, and assistant in a boxing robe, mouthguard, and MMA gloves. Wins with shoot moves loses by silly moves(for example the Worm would defeat him). Backstage scenes are him training and his coach telling him how to stop moves like the peoples elbow.

• Heel Otaku who always has a body pillow he fights for and protects and he preaches how 2D is better than 3D.
Just imagine the emotional slow burning face turn as his disapproval of 3D is thrown into question when he spies a diva that's a match for his waifu pillow.
Becoming a sympathetic face so a heel can murder that pillow on live television which in turn would also allow him to move on and become stronger like in my japanese animes, ooohhh I'm getting chills.

I can't wait for Hideo Itami to get called up to the main roster.

Just imagine the emotional slow burning face turn as his disapproval of 3D is thrown into question when he spies a diva that's a match for his waifu pillow.
Becoming a sympathetic face so a heel can murder that pillow on live television which in turn would also allow him to move on and become stronger like in my japanese animes, ooohhh I'm getting chills.

I can't wait for Hideo Itami to get called up to the main roster.

I'll save you the trouble.
TxGJV3O.gif

Fox318

You have so many potential storylines with the body pillow.

Tag Matches when he tags the pillow in and it does nothing while he gets beaten up
Scenes where the performer is carrying on a conversation with the pillow
Scenes where the performer is trying to convince the pillow that he isn't cheating on her.
Scenes where he accuses the pillow of cheating on her
Scenes where he calls for the pillow to run in and save him and nothing happens.
The pillow appears in a faces arm after leaving him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

klonere

Banned

• Wrestler who thinks everything is a shoot. Comes out with a coach, cutman, and assistant in a boxing robe, mouthguard, and MMA gloves. Wins with shoot moves loses by silly moves(for example the Worm would defeat him). Backstage scenes are him training and his coach telling him how to stop moves like the peoples elbow.

I think it'd be pretty hard to get Bret Hart's approval on this one tbh

I'll save you the trouble.
TxGJV3O.gif

please this gif should be illegal it is painful to look at

I can hear JBL screaming HAHA WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES I LOVE IT MAGGLE

notworksafe

You have so many potential storylines with the body pillow.

Tag Matches when he tags the pillow in and it does nothing while he gets beaten up
Scenes where the performer is carrying on a conversation with the pillow
Scenes where the performer is trying to convince the pillow that he isn't cheating on her.
Scenes where he accuses the pillow of cheating on her
Scenes where he calls for the pillow to run in and save him and nothing happens.
The pillow appears in a faces arm after leaving him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

I'm rewatching 2002 Raw/Smackdown and this character would fit in during this time period 100%

jred2k

I think Fox has fallen into a fever dream and he wants Al Snow in 2016. This pillow would almost definitely be named "Body".

Fox318

I think Fox has fallen into a fever dream and he wants Al Snow in 2016. This pillow would almost definitely be named "Body".

oh god he would be al snow in 2016

Maybe give it to somebody with a great body to contrast with the social stereotypes of Otakus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bayley is gonna be a huge hit on the main roster, I'm predicting it now. The company thinks Bayley is Female John Cena but the fans think she's Female Daniel Bryan; the entire thing is calculated to make her a big hit. Is the company going to fuck up her run? Absolutely, but they fucked up all sorts of people and made money anyways.

Top Bottom