• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - Official Launch Trailer

theofficefan99

Me being my CGI whore self, I'm looking forward to this game. I played the demo of the original and loved the gameplay. So that, plus gorgeous CG cutscenes? Count me in. Though I am disappointed that the lore for a Sci-fi series is "light/darkness" turd stuff

EloquentM

aka Mannny
huh, did you missed the beta ? cause it was really bad, like Destiny 1.5 bad.
Pls refrain from feeding the trolls. Let nature take its course.
Me being my CGI whore self, I'm looking forward to this game. I played the demo of the original and loved the gameplay. So that, plus gorgeous CG cutscenes? Count me in. Though I am disappointed that the lore for a Sci-fi series is "light/darkness" turd stuff
Read the book of sorrows destiny lore

Z3M0G

Looking forward to the reviews. I'm not buying. May later if I bother to finish more of the content of the last D1 expansion.

If the story turns out amazing and can't be missed, I'll jump in.

ZERO of my friends are getting the game.

Acidote

I'm so ready. Pretty much all my gaming buddies are making the switch to PC too, and a lot of them who didn't play the first one are joining the team now =)

Vinc

Humor falls super flat and I find the trailer itself a bit generic, but the game itself looks cool, the new enemies look super fun to fight.

Toni

Don't fuck this up bungie.

All Im asking is better narrative and character development.

Oh, and even if Bungie said they are giving them a fix (to what metric remains to be seen), making Hunters the champions they were in D1 would be thoroughly apreciated.

Z3M0G

Pre-order and get a cool looking gun

Fuck you

Trailer was awesome though... it does tempt me more than expected... story looks fun.

Tovarisc

I guess I'll just wait for a Complete Edition

You really shouldn't as huuuge part of what Destiny is comes from doing that content and experiencing those moments with the community. It's nowhere near same when someone 100 light levels over leveled and minmax strats is sherpaing you through irrelevant content.

imo anyways

Sure, but your experience of the game will be negatively impacted relative to exploring the new content in line with the progression and going into elements like the raid blind with others.

To that extent it's like saying you're going to wait for WoW to be 'complete' before jumping in. It just wouldn't be the same going into those expansions after the fact.

This all goes beyond this "complete" nonsense. Good expansions have always aimed to expand the base game. It doesn't mean the base game isn't a complete experience in and of itself. It just means if you like the game, you can look forward to playing more of it as opposed to that being that for another 2/3 years.

Trace

Banned

Honestly if you're not going to play until the game is never going to have any more content, don't bother playing it in the first place. Destiny is about playing stuff while it's relevant, it's basically an MMO in that sense.

Mengetsu

This is one of those games you shouldn't do this with especially if you have interest in it. Like others have said having high lvl people take you through the game will be no fun. It's about experiences at that moment and figuring out things in the game with the community and such. D1 was very special in that regard.

Juan

But like Trace said, have fun in 3 years when all the content is irrelevant.

In some way, the content you will unlock during Year 1 will be irrelevant for Year 2, and so will it be again for Year 3, so waiting Year 3 to get the latest usable content won't change really much for the average players, the only thing is they will have all the DLC/Expansion and the base game for 60$.

If you're not chasing the meta and just enjoy having content to play around and a good PvE experience, well, waiting a few years is a good idea for a Destiny game.

I hope the third classes are one of the surprises they keep mentioning. Would be a huge bummer if they weren't on the base game.

Well, I hope I'll be wrong for those who enjoy Destiny, but I'm sure you will have to wait next year expansion for a third subclass.

If you're not chasing the meta and just enjoy having content to play around and a good PvE experience, well, waiting a few years is a good idea for a Destiny game.
Considering going into the raids blind were some of the best PvE experiences available in the first game (Vault of Glass being up there even outside of Destiny) I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion.

In some way, the content you will unlock during Year 1 will be irrelevant for Year 2, and so will it be again for Year 3, so waiting Year 3 to get the latest usable content won't change really much for the average players, the only thing is they will have all the DLC/Expansion and the base game for 60$.

Starting Destiny 1 now would be a drastically reduced experience to that of those playing from the beginning. Really not sure here at all.

Tovarisc

Arguments for not waiting aren't about some PvP meta stuff, but about having people and community to experience that content with when community is still doing it. Wait all expansion and Year tiers and you are doing it all basically alone which takes a lot away from what made Destiny 1 special.

Raven117

Its your money.

For me, being apart of the hype train, the community, the videos, the reddit, the beetching about it, loving it, raiding with buddies blind...is well...WELL worth the 60 dollar asking price.

Hell, Id pay more (and did), just because I know how much fun it is right when new content drops and everyone is going nuts.

If none of that interests you, then yeah, wait.

Shadous

Neo Member
It feels like the more stuff they show, the less it seems they are revealing. I haven't a clue what Io/EDZ/Titan are really going to look like, and a fairly vague idea of Nessus. Very excited to get boots on the ground and start exploring.

Theorry

It feels like the more stuff they show, the less it seems they are revealing. I haven't a clue what Io/EDZ/Titan are really going to look like, and a fairly vague idea of Nessus. Very excited to get boots on the ground and start exploring.

Yeah me to. All my buddies are gonna get the game and i am gonna play a ton with them.
But when i start up the game and start playing the story for the first time. Its gonna be all by myself.

The ๖ۜBronx;246639424 said:
Starting Destiny 1 now would be a drastically reduced experience to that of those playing from the beginning. Really not sure here at all.

Yeah, I don't know if people who haven't played understand this. You're going to get a completely different experience playing Year 1 and 2 content during Year 3. For better or worse, the content is more fun and interesting and impactful when it's actually relevant (go figure). Playing that content from TDB and HoW today, you just breeze by it.

The juvenile slapstick "humor" in what otherwise seems like a really gritty serious tone game absolutely kills any potential interest I could have in it. It's like finding out that the 3-pepper filet mignon you're about to eat has jelly beans stuck inside of it. Just, no. It's trying way too hard.

Is Stormcaller gone forever? Did the first Destiny even have a storyline? I remember seeing those phone app cards but I didn't bother since I'm here to loot and shoot.

Raven117

The juvenile slapstick "humor" in what otherwise seems like a really gritty serious tone game absolutely kills any potential interest I could have in it. It's like finding out that the 3-pepper filet mignon you're about to eat has jelly beans stuck inside of it. Just, no. It's trying way too hard.

Different strokes, different folks I guess.

I like Nathon Fillion (Cayde) humor in otherwise darker situations.

But regardless, Destiny was really never a dead serious story anyway.

Shadous

Neo Member
Yeah me to. All my buddies are gonna get the game and i am gonna play a ton with them.
But when i start up the game and start playing the story for the first time. Its gonna be all by myself.

I feel the same. I love playing with my friends but there's something unique about experiencing something jaw-dropping on your own.

Foxxsoxx

Is Stormcaller gone forever? Did the first Destiny even have a storyline? I remember seeing those phone app cards but I didn't bother since I'm here to loot and shoot.

D1 was pretty much like a prologue to things. At least thats how Bungie treated it. Nothing really happens in D1 besides some one off DLC villains dying. We kill Oryx and stop the Vault of Glass from happening. That's really it.

border

The juvenile slapstick "humor" in what otherwise seems like a really gritty serious tone game absolutely kills any potential interest I could have in it.

Maybe they took a sharp turn with Rise of Iron, but as far as I can recall there is no slapstick humor whatsoever in Destiny or The Taken King. The game arguably took itself way too seriously.

Tovarisc

D1 was pretty much like a prologue to things. At least thats how Bungie treated it. Nothing really happens in D1 besides some one off DLC villains dying. We kill Oryx and stop the Vault of Glass from happening. That's really it.
  • We stop Vex from literally rewriting fabric of time and universe.
  • We avenge hundreds if not thousands Guardians slaughtered by Crota.
  • We prevent Houses of Fallen uniting into army we couldn't deal with.
  • We kill a God
  • We uncover ancient nanite tech with build in AI that has gone to shit and threatens Earths existence as planet and stop it from spreading
  • As all above is unfolding we start to learn more and more about races threatening us, our Golden Age, Collapse, Warminds, Ahamkara etc.
Not much going on in D1 :b

• We stop Vex from literally rewriting fabric of time and universe.
  • We avenge hundreds if not thousands Guardians slaughtered by Crota.
  • We prevent Houses of Fallen uniting into army we couldn't deal with.
  • We kill a God
  • We uncover ancient nanite tech with build in AI that has gone to shit and threatens Earths existence as planet and stop it from spreading
  • As all above is unfolding we start to learn more and more about races threatening us, our Golden Age, Collapse, Warminds, Ahamkara etc.
Not much going on in D1 :b

Those bullet points all happen in game, btw. The grimoire is amazing, but it's mostly embellishment or telling side stories.

Bets on Raid release? I will say the weekend of the 22nd only because I go on vacation every Sept and it's been released on the day I leave every time lol.

A week at least I hope.

hydruxo

Bets on Raid release? I will say the weekend of the 22nd only because I go on vacation every Sept and it's been released on the day I leave every time lol.

A week at least I hope.

Yeah a couple weeks for the first one sounds about right. Gives time for people to go through the rest of the content and gear up.

Theorry

A week at least I hope.

Hope a month. Really dont like those in a week releases. I feel rushed then.

Raven117

A week at least I hope.

Was the rumor for the 26th?

I wish Bungie would do us all a favor to really amp up the hype.

Make the raid 3 weeks from release date (maybe...MAYBE 4), and then open the raid at 2am on Saturday morning.

Gives us normal people with other responsibilities at least a change to be geared up and be apart of the blind raids and they hysterics that come with it.

Top Bottom