• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

IbukiLordSA

Just got done with the beta, it was great but it also was very much the same old same old. Same enemies doing the same thing. So the beta was good enough to let me take the sit back and wait for a complete edition during a special stance.

-SG

I won't be. I played the shit out of the first one for a few months, but realized soon after finishing it that my taste in games had changed. Before it came out, I was convinced that Destiny would be my favourite game ever. It had everything that I was a sucker for: FPS, Bungie, loot, character customization, and an awesome setting. However, I couldn't help but feel super let down after finishing the campaign and I will never forget that feeling. Since then, I've been way more into story driven games or games that I can pick up and play for 30 minute sessions.

I pre-ordered it and I'm going to stick with that decision. With friends, I'm sure it will be a blast. The last one was despite having several flaws.

My sister and I share digital downloads, so definitely will be playing on PS4. I LOVE the PVP changes, as I really hated the obnoxious grenades and supers in D1. I'm hoping they don't listen to the vocal minority who are crying about the 'issues' but they probably will anyway. Still, D1 was a great game to play with my family and friends, so I'm excited for D2. I'll probably buy it on PC too.

I'm not going to buy it at launch. I'll buy it when it's on sale in a year probably.

Destiny is fun, but I never got truly hooked. There's just too much grinding IMO, and I doubt D2 is going to fix much. In some MMO's this is okay as the end game, particularly because there is so much content you go through before you hit the gear treadmill.

I haven't seen anything to truly grab me so far when compared to D1 either. The beta felt very same-y. Great if you were hooked on D1, but for me, it's not enough.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm waiting a couple weeks first, going to wait and see how other people react. I have a lot of issues with Destiny 1(even though i dumped way too many hours into it) and while the beta gave me hope, I'm not 100% convinced they did enough for my gripes.

Going to preorder the digital deluxe edition next month. The beta sold me after I realized how some of the changes they made actually improve the game. Can't wait to jump back in with my friends.

I was not sure about getting it but beta convinced me to not buy the game. The guns felt bad. Changes to weapons , cool downs - I didn't even get my super on PVP. And even first mission felt a little off.

misterck

Sorry, was this posted: https://www.vg247.com/2017/07/21/de...igher-power-ammo-drops-and-punchier-grenades/

As for me, I really like the feel of pvp. D1 did not do it for me in pvp personally; seemed way too 1h KO, race to supers and heavies, etc. although we need some tweaking to D2, I do prefer the smaller more tactical feel to pvp.

Jesus I wonder who complained about the grenades being weak cause I'm sick of instadeath to lightning grenades and arcbolts even though bungie said grenades won't be lethal enough to kill on their own :S

So I just played the mission and strike and I was completely underwhelmed. The change to two primaries is awful and power weapons do not do enough damage to justify the scarcity of purple ammo. If this wasn't called Destiny 2 I would think it was another expansion. I don’t even care aboit Crucible at all because 4v4 is not for casual play. My purchase will depend on the length and quality of the campaign and quality and size of the open world. Damn shame this is the best they could come up with 3 years after the first game.

leng jai

Probably will in the end but the beta on PS4 Pro really didn't inspire me and I'm one of the people who actually think the visual upgrade is great. There's just nothing really outstanding about it. The console FOV is awful, and the sound mixing isn't the best. The best part was the story mission for me, PVP is terrible and the strike was underwhelming.

I'm hoping the PC beta at 60fps with a much higher FOV will feel much better and elevate the game to another level.

BstnRich

Just played the beta on PS4 earlier. The thing, for me, is just how good it feels to shoot in Destiny and it seems tighter from the brief experience I've had on the D2 beta.

I am excited to see what the PC version has to offer!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That strike team was pretty dope.

But the rest was sheit. Pvp?
Come the fuck on protect a spot?
Yawn

Pros: Social Aspect
Cons: Supers and Classes feel weird, weapon changes are shit, Playercount across the game is bonkers (3 for Strikes, 4 for PvP and 6 for raid? Gone are the days of going from Raid to Crucible), balance changes for PvP affecting PvE too harshly.

I dunno.

Monocle

Me, although I might wait for a sale. Not crazy about the expansion-based business model Bungie's got going on.

I finally picked up Destiny: The Collection at a reasonable price and discovered that people weren't exaggerating about how much the expansions improve the game. I still hate the idea of all the good content being stuffed into premium add-ons. I'm much more in favor of Halo 3's everything-but-the-kitchen-sink in one package approach, but I guess that's not viable any more because $$$$$$$$$$$.

Ushay

Nah with Bungie locking content behind on Xbox I'd rather not indulge again, but it does look like a fun game. I may jump in at a later point in time.

For now, my eyes are on Anthem next year.

jeffc919

Played the PS4 beta campaign mission and 1 round of PvP. Could not have been much less impressed. I already bought a cheap key for the game on PC from someone who got the game in the Nvidia promo so I'll probably at least play it a little when it comes out, but I have zero hype for it at this point. I think everyone that is calling it Destiny 1.5 is pretty spot on. It's the same game with a fresh coat of paint and some tweaks here and there. Not necessarily a bad thing if you love Destiny. I'm also not so sure about the change to 4vs4 in PvP. I won't jump to conclusions from 1 map but the one I played Control on was rather boring. I also enjoyed the 6vs6 formula in the first game on slightly bigger maps. If the 4vs4 is going to be all claustrophobic little maps then count me out. Anyway, it isn't 1 specific thing that made me turn it off after such a short trial and play something else today but this time the game didn't grab me at all. 3 years ago I played the alpha and beta PvP every chance I could and when those were done all I wanted to play was more Destiny PvP while I waited for the game to come out. This time they could cancel the game tomorrow and I really couldn't care less.

coughlanio

Since going PC/Switch, I've been missing Destiny. Played 200 hours of the original, and looking forward to jump back in.

The Jer

Of course I am!!

Destiny is my favorite game this gen. The game gets better and better over time. The 2016 "April update" is where it really came into its own, imo. I'm excited for what's next.

As as aside, I hope they release Destiny 1 raids at current power levels in Destiny 2 a la the Age of Triumph. Having a bunch of viable raids, instead of one, and plenty of people to play with made the game 100 times more fun. I don't care that I'll be using Destiny 2 mechanics in something Designed for Destiny 1; I'm still really interested!!

Haven't gotten the chance to try the beta, but after what I'm hearing I dunno. I might cancel the Limited Edition I pre-ordered or I may not; will be a last minute decision most likely.

AlexBasch

As someone without a group and plays completely on my own: No, I won't buy it.

Now, that seems a bit obvious but hear me out, I didn't really like the PVP this time around, specials and grenades were too slow to charge, the weapons felt good but the TTK was weird and I wasn't a fan of that game mode.

It's funny, since once I learned I wasn't going to enjoy playing the game solo, I got hooked really fast to Crucible. Sometimes it was bullshit, but others it was a lot of fun, so I was gonna get that game for the damn PVP and I didn't liked it.

The rest of it seems fine, but it's almost like I wanted to buy Mario Kart because of the battle mode with the baloons or something like that, it's far more my fault than the game having details I didn't like, really.

The God

Didn't play Destiny 1. I'm playing the D2 beta now and it's kinda boring so far. Not seeing the hype. It's looking like a skip.

Top Bottom