• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

phen0m24

New thread came fast!

In response to previous thread, I may get on it later. Down for crota too WipedOut

if you slackers do Crota, message me. As long as it isn't 2 am. egads

But seriously I would do a Crota (preferably normal first but I don't care)

ive lost the last three iron banner matches by less then 20 points and to rub salt in the wounds two of those matches dropped a matador to the lowest player.

FML

Gordon

So they're nerfing Rangefinder - does that mean I need to farm and reroll my Party Crasher? I just got it and I'm tapped out with AggBalls/Rangefinder/Reinforced/Rodeo and I wanna level it up :/

Lima

So they're nerfing Rangefinder - does that mean I need to farm and reroll my Party Crasher? I just got it and I'm tapped out with AggBalls/Rangefinder/Braced/Rodeo and I wanna level it up :/

That is not even a good roll. Why would you want to level that up?

Gordon

That is not even a good roll. Why would you want to level that up?
I have crap shotguns

Edit: What's a good roll? Aggballs/Shot Package/Reinforced/Battle Runner or something? That's what I have on my Judgement/Her Courtesy/Hard Luck Charm. Party Crasher is just my first top impact tier and I'm excited to use it

Edit again: What's a good roll after the rebalance? Full Auto/Final Round or somesuch?

rc213

I shouldn't have checked that Trials stats site. My longest life of 48 seconds lol

At least I don't get crushed in Crucible anymore except when I'm on a DGaf IB Train for some reason. :(

*waves at Mercury from afar*

ori0n378e

I shouldn't have checked that Trials stats site. My longest life of 48 seconds lol

At least I don't get crushed in Crucible anymore except when I'm on a DGaf IB Train for some reason. :(

*waves at Mercury from afar*
That's me too, randoms=top3, GAF IB train=bottom two...

Daemul

Six days ago, I decided to delete one of my 3 Titans in order to create a Hunter since I was tired of being fucked over by blink and I wanted to fight fire with fire. There was no armour waiting for my Hunter in the vault(I sharded every piece of non-Titan armour I ever got) and still in that span of time I've managed to get all the legendary gear required to get me to level 34, with the perfect perks(hand cannon reload speed! faster melee! further grenade throw distance!) and stats, I've leveled up my Vanguard and Crucible to level 2, leveled up my Future War Cult to level 3 and gotten all 5 of Hunter exotic helmets from Xurs Engrams(after spending a ridiculous amount of motes mind you).

Bungie have made it really easy to reach max level quickly, which I'm greatful for since I wouldn't have started a Hunter if max level gear was still locked behind doing Raids, because fuck having to rely on RNG for the perfect perk and stats roll. At least now all you have to do is grind marks and faction reputation and you can buy the shit from vendors and not be handicapped like you would have been pre-HoW.

So when I got my nephew's xbox, I got a free controller. And 2 things:

1) The sensitivity on this thing is crazy! Still @ Default 5 in destiny and it's so much faster and slick.
2) When I plug in the headset directly to the controller without the adapter (this is the new controller version that has the inputs already), the volume is a lot lower

Gordon

Six days ago, I decided to delete one of my 3 Titans in order to create a Hunter since I was tired of being fucked over by blink and I wanted to fight fire with fire. There was no armour waiting for my Hunter in the vault(I sharded every piece of non-Titan armour I ever got) and still in that span of time I've managed to get all the legendary gear required to get me to level 34, with the perfect perks(hand cannon reload speed! faster melee! further grenade throw distance!) and stats, I've leveled up my Vanguard and Crucible to level 2, leveled up my Future War Cult to level 3 and gotten all 5 of Hunter exotic helmets from Xurs Engrams(after spending a ridiculous amount of motes mind you).

Bungie have made it really easy to reach max level quickly, which I'm greatful for since I wouldn't have started a Hunter if max level gear was still locked behind doing Raids, because fuck having to rely on RNG for the perfect perk and stats roll. At least now all you haveto do is grind marks and faction reputation and you can buy the shit from vendors and not be handicapped like you would have been pre-HoW.
It is nice, particularly when you're just leveling up a second or third character, but it does have it's drawbacks. I find a lot of new players hit max level but have no idea how to actually "play" the game, and it seems to frustrate them having to ask random strangers for instruction on basic stuff like weekly drops and nightfalls and stuff.The game really relies too much on interaction and experience for the speed it allows players to progress. I can't count the number of 34s that had no idea how to level their factions or where to get exotics that I've talked to. That's one of the drivers of the elitism on LFG - people wouldn't try so hard to filter out less experienced players if the less experienced players were slightly more experienced. I'm not saying raid completion should be required for access, but an understanding of level disadvantage, enemy types and behaviors, shields and elemental weapons, and stuff like that. The mechanics of the game. I think that's why the gjally nerf has generated so much frustration. People see it as lowering the standards to make them more achievable instead of trying to help players achieve higher standards. Basically making blue rocket launchers viable because hugs and don't boot people for shooting their feet and stuff.

phen0m24

So when I got my nephew's xbox, I got a free controller. And 2 things:

1) The sensitivity on this thing is crazy! Still @ Default 5 in destiny and it's so much faster and slick.
2) When I plug in the headset directly to the controller without the adapter (this is the new controller version that has the inputs already), the volume is a lot lower

Hey I had the same with the new Bone. Here's what I did to increase the volume - Josh has his Sony Golds plugged into the controller passively - click Blended in the audio settings. It makes things a little better.

:)

Hey I had the same with the new Bone. Here's what I did to increase the volume - Josh has his Sony Golds plugged into the controller passively - click Blended in the audio settings. It makes things a little better.

:)

Hmmm Blended audio settings in xbox settings?! I just plug in the adapter and it works but :\

We're gonna need a third.

Send me a message on Xbox so I can add you

EDIT: nvm I found you

Ill play trials :p

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Been chasing flawless trials since midnight and the sun is now coming up

Fuck you destiny, you're taking liberties now

rc213

Play Elimination next time it's around, it'll make you better at Trials.

I've tried that usually people quit after a few minutes. I'll try again next time. I will say this for some reason i get really tentative on the trigger on the Trials games I've played. There were a few rounds where i wouldn't fire a shot. Lol Then stupid mistakes like when the enemy gets right on me i forget to switch to my shotgun and get smoked trying to shoot then with my primary.

Daemul

Oh man, looking at this reminded me of how terrible I was in Skirmish earlier. I was getting between 1.4 and 1.7kd way too often because I was trying to do the sniper bounty and my sniping went to complete shit. According to Destinytracker I have 85% headshot kills with my sniper but I couldn't even hit a sniper body shot to save my life.

I played a Clash game afterwards to cool down and my sniping ability suddenly returned and I got all 15 sniper headshots required for the bounty done in one match. Tomorrow I'm playing some sweaties so I hope I don't forget how to snipe again.

Man, I can't wait until the exotic hand cannons are no longer a thing. I'm genuinely surprised when I'm killed by something else. It's unreal.

Top Bottom