• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Anyone up for some IB? Trying to get to Rank 4 by tonight. Join up on me if you're interested. Will be starting in like 5-10 minutes.

EroticSushi

Daemul

I've tried that usually people quit after a few minutes. I'll try again next time. I will say this for some reason i get really tentative on the trigger on the Trials games I've played. There were a few rounds where i wouldn't fire a shot. Lol Then stupid mistakes like when the enemy gets right on me i forget to switch to my shotgun and get smoked trying to shoot then with my primary.

Yeah, the thing with Trials is that it can be nerve wrecking since you dying can really fuck up your team, so you see many players curl into their nervous shell and become super passive because they don't want to be the reason their team lost a round or game. The problem comes when they get confronted by opposition players and they end up frezing and getting killed because they're not at all in the right mental state to be taking part in those engagements, so they screw over their team anyway and end up tilting, which fucks them over even more in the next matches.

It's why I advise people to play Elimination with their Trials team and why Bungie need to stop messing around and make it a permanent mode, it teaches you all the skills you need for Trials without the pressure of winning on your shoulders, so that you will eventually be able to step into ToO one Friday and all you learnt from playing in Elimination will come naturally to you, with all fear and apprehension gone.

lt519

Wow flawless HM peeps, that is fucking incredible! Congratulations!! I cynically didn't think you guys had a chance, but glad DGAF could prove me wrong

Dave, if your still here HidingMyThunder and I will run you through Skolas. Sorry school got canceled this evening, a long drinking session ensued at the local watering hole after running it (edit: shit it was actually 9) times already this week.

Avixph

I just got revenant at dead orbit rank 8, I didn't even know it was possible to get the shaders this early.

Posting to be worthy for a Drizzy flawless run. Congrats guys! That jumping puzzle would have been a stressful section as well as the gorgons.

I'm always down to run flawless raids. Crota's End is so easy it can be done quickly with 2-3 people but a full fire team is always the most fun.

People can always feel free to PM me about stuff although sometimes I'm terrible at prompt responses. Trying to get better :-/

As always DrDrake, Fantastic OT and Title.

Thank you good sir and for all the folks who say nice things about the OTs, always appreciated.

What is a herd nerf?

The Last Word at the bottom is generally intended to explain or at least reference the title, FYI. Sort of a "subtitle," preferably in funny gif form like Dancing w Skolas or Luke's ass hat (that is a hat made from an ass, of course).

So hopscotch must have a really low drop rate after atleast 50 strikes in the past week ive only seen one drop and it was to a freaking afker.

Man, I can't wait until the exotic hand cannons are no longer a thing. I'm genuinely surprised when I'm killed by something else. It's unreal.

I think you might have to keep waiting. Sure, after TTK drops, they may not be able to trade with snipers from across the map anymore, but most engagements are close enough that the range nerfs shouldn't affect them too much.

I still expect exotic hand cannons to be ubiquitous. They just won't be the only option.

ich00

RNG hates me in iron banner I think. Too many times I'm the only one on my team not getting some kind of reward after a match.

I think you might have to keep waiting. Sure, after TTK drops, they may not be able to trade with snipers from across the map anymore, but most engagements are close enough that the range nerfs shouldn't affect them too much.

I still expect exotic hand cannons to be ubiquitous. They just won't be the only option.

I'll be fine with it if other weapons can compete. It's just extremely lame getting killed by the same 2-3 weapons in a game with dozens and dozens of primary weapons.

Iron Banner is destroying my soul with the lag currently. Anyone up for Trials? Perhaps some teamwork will pull me out of this funk that I has left me with

Congrats on flawless VoG, I really need to try that as flawless Crota isn't even a challenge

Today is the day I crack Mercury, i'd like to do it legit with mere mortals but if theres any carry trains going i'd love to hop on.

In return ill run sword anytime and get you the Crux, as it seems to drop for everyone bar me

Frenden

Banned
I was rerolling a new Lash to make a mini-moon and accidentally rerolled my god roll OG Lash.

RIP Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control. May you return to me after a small expenditure of motes.

Finished up some trials with explicit and dmh and figured I should do one Dragon strike before doing some iron banner.

GOT A FUCKING HOPSCOTCH

:D

EDIT: I rolled it once and got Outlaw, Snapshot, and Counterbalance

Should I keep??

void666

Banned
I've been praticing titan skating all day. Seriously, it's game changing.
I was bored of my titan. Now i'm having fun as hell.

GutZ31

I've been praticing titan skating all day. Seriously, it's game changing.
I was bored of my titan. Now i'm having fun as hell.

It's a great skill to learn, as it makes travel when sparrows are not allowed, tolerable.
I just hope Bungie doesn't see a need to nerf it, seeing as the next step up from skating is blink.

Finished up some trials with explicit and dmh and figured I should do one Dragon strike before doing some iron banner.

GOT A FUCKING HOPSCOTCH

:D

EDIT: I rolled it once and got Outlaw, Snapshot, and Counterbalance

Should I keep??

You want a reload perk so feeding frenzy or outlaw, braced and hidden hand. I'd say braced and hidden hand are a minimum. Check the sights as well, I maxed one without realising it had that crappy ores sight (put 3x a days bounties into it) any normal red dot is best imo

I love the gun, this is mine

OBidOhqm.png

Edit, trials gloves this week are pulse reload as well

Top Bottom