• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I'm amazed by battlefront having no loading, no lag, everything seems smooth game play. I'm not all about the game but those are the props I give it.
That's all I hear about this game.

I really wonder what Bungie has in store for the next installment. 60fps, private match making?

First, great thread title. My favorite in a while.

Second: I hit rank 5 in IB today, after banking a stack of medallions. Got a 310 ghost (current is 300) and 314 boots. My boots have been holding me back for so long - the old ones were at 291, for a 23 point jump.

Worth it. Long challenge, but great loot a the end. File me as fan of IB going forward.

This is my goal for tonight. Run NF until I get that damn cloak. I'm 0 for 2 so far. :(
This Iron Banner is so much better in regards to drops. At least players have a reason to keep playing Iron Banner.

That Tanniks Cloak took forever to drop for me. I've been going for the cloak for awhile but it never dropped. I ran the Nightfall numerous times yesterday and got nothing. Today I did a Heroic strike and it finally dropped. Keep persevering and you'll attain it...eventually.

WipedOut

320 Titan boots and pants from rank 5 IB package, sniper / rocket launcher. Not Bad!

Going to try and get one more to 5

giphy.gif

:D

Wooo a 292 ghost from nightfall. Made me remember why i dont do it anymore.

exYle

exYle

Does Iron Banner still do the "gear matters" thing? I'm only 239 and wondering if I should bother.

Against a lvl 300 enemy you will be doing 80% of regular damage. Against a lvl 320 enemy you will be doing 60%.

It'd be pretty risky.

if you're not 310♦, don't bother. my 310 sniper doesn't headshot anyone above 310♦ and i'm 303♦ .

Wait what? That cant be right. A sniper headshot does 400+ damage. A 7 light difference does not cut that by half. I was playing at 292 (symbiote ftw) and owning every game.

Ken

Okay guess I'll skip then. Gearing up in Y2 is such a pain compared to Y1 with the changes to marks and larger light level range.

exYle

if you're not 310♦, don't bother. my 308 sniper doesn't headshot anyone above 310♦ and i'm 303♦ .

That's insane. You're doing 98-99% of regular damage. Honestly, I'd say lvl 280 is the lowest you should risk going, because that means you'll be doing 90% of damage to lvl 320s and there aren't that many people close to 320 in IB.

Strider

Okay guess I'll skip then. Gearing up in Y2 is such a pain compared to Y1 with the changes to marks and larger light level range.

?

One of the good things about TTK is that it's way easier and faster to level up. Just equip all your highest light level items when you decrypt blue engrams and youll rise up in in no time.

Is the fastball perk on the Hunter gauntlets bugged for anyone else, I can't level it up?

Also Bungie I know you think Europe is some small place across the pond but its not so can you stop matching me up with people from the other side of it. Surely theres another 11 people playing in the UK I could be play with

i've seen it do 172 damage at range and the range is nearly maxed.

Its just a glitch of sorts, I did a 144 Headshot earlier :d

Ken

?

One of the good things about TTK is that it's way easier and faster to level up. Just equip all your highest light level items when you decrypt blue engrams and youll rise up in in no time.

I've been doing that and frequently get weaker stuff. And even if I do get lucky it takes ages to move more than 10 levels, especially after 230~.

aarcane

I mean, I agree with you that LitC should get nerfed for snipers (which is why I've switched to sniping with Yasmin to prepare for the change), but the kill in this gif wasn't from a LitC proc... the guy had no shields.

You haven't seen me attempting to snipe. I'm so bad that I'd need LitC to proc to take someone out even if they had no shields.

Strider

I've been doing that and frequently get weaker stuff. And even if I do get lucky it takes ages to move more than 10 levels, especially after 230~.

I mean they could've changed engrams I guess but I went from level 34 to LL 290+ in 2 days once TTK dropped... It was really fast. Plenty of people here did that to get raid ready.

Compared to vanilla where you basically had to buy your legendaries to get raid ready it was a cake walk... And you were capped on marks then too.

farmerboy

Holy shit, went to bed and everyone was talking new thread, wake up and already 6 pages in. As mainly a lurker I gotta say I'm impressed.

Has there ever been a community on GAF as strong as this? Or a game that has garnered such a strong following?

Anyways, I'm much interested in the newbie raids as advertised in the OP. What time zones are those times quoted? As I'm in Australia.

Cheers.

Ken

I mean they could've changed engrams I guess but I went from level 34 to LL 290+ in 2 days once TTK dropped... It was really fast. Plenty of people here did that to get raid ready.

Compared to vanilla where you basically had to buy your legendaries to get raid ready it was a cake walk... And you were capped on marks then too.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. It feels like it gets harder once you start hitting 230/240 light, so just around the daily light level and still under the Heroic Weekly.

tree to back special on Exodus Blue (the most popular sightline). 1000 yard stare.
And it did 172 on a headshot? That can't be right. Normal damage is ~420 and the maximum damage penalty you could possibly have at around 300 light is about 2%. I dunno. Do you have a video, by chance?

stay gold

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. It feels like it gets harder once you start hitting 230/240 light, so just around the daily light level and still under the Heroic Weekly.

What activities are you playing?

If you run the Vanguard strike playlist for an hour or 2 (without exiting so you get the streak bonus), the game literally showers you in engrams. Should get you up to at least 270, probably higher.

Shiv47

Gotten two characters to 5 in IB. Gotten two fusion rifles as rewards. One 313, one 311. Just one primary for infusion fuel if nothing else would be nice.

And it did 172 on a headshot? That can't be right. Normal damage is ~420 and the maximum damage penalty you could possibly have at around 300 light is about 2%. I dunno. Do you have a video, by chance?

I think its just the agressive damage drop off for snipers atm, once its out of a certain range, damage drops significantly. And that sightline is one of the longest one i think. That map is big.

Its certainly not because of light either way, could be a glitch too. If its the range thing, 2.1 will fix it.

Ken

What activities are you playing?

If you run the Vanguard strike playlist for an hour or 2 (without exiting so you get the streak bonus), the game literally showers you in engrams. Should get you up to at least 270, probably higher.

That would work if the game didn't keep shoving me into empty strikes lol.

I usually just do the Crucible and story dailies for the 30 marks and try a Weekly Heroic once on my 259 Hunter, and then hope Xur has a useful 280 piece for me.

Do I have to wear an IB emblem, shader and class item to get IB drops? I've been in over 10 IB matches and I haven't gotten a single IB item since I started wearing my regular stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom