• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

So I learned last night in Ruthless raid that center (back) was the easiest for me in both add controls and dunking the boss. I'll probably just volunteer for that spot from now on. Was primarily doing the left with my other raid crew for a while but center def worked better for me.

that's cause i was killing all the adds :p

center is hardest for adds and captains, don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

Need two for three Voksis kills for Outbreak Prime. Preferably two Hunter's but doesn't really matter.

PSN Hoffelcopter.

I can help, psn is ruthlesbarbarian

LiK

that's cause i was killing all the adds :p

center is hardest for adds and captains, don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

Well, no one told you to kill them all! I could hardly get a shot in. :p

Avoiding Aksis shots and dunking from back is easier tho. No running around from side to side when I as on cannon duty either. That was the most stressful part. I dunno, I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just weird.

NastyBook

GGs grey and tick.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Well, no one told you to kill them all! I could hardly get a shot in. :p

Avoiding Aksis shots and dunking from back is easier tho. No running around from side to side when I as on cannon duty either. That was the most stressful part. I dunno, I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just weird.

Yes, back is easier for dunking for sure since you only have 1 spot to cover.

Adds are not really a problem, hand cannon one shots them. Just have to be careful with the captain.

LiK

Yes, back is easier for dunking for sure since you only have 1 spot to cover.

Adds are not really a problem, hand cannon one shots them. Just have to be careful with the captain.

I had my Gally ready in case you had trouble but you're a pro so I didn't need to shoot. :)

I know I will never wanna play as a Warlock in the raid. Their stupid jumps are a curse.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay so I just got the sniper. It has 4 ammo for it's impact which is good but I'm going to miss that firefly of my other snipers.

Hey guys! I wanna get my Outbreak Prime quest done and for that to happen I need 1 hunter and 1 warlock for the nightfall.
Please send me a message on Xbox
RemyDeauxpe is the GT

I'm stuck in a weird spot where I have two Trials groups.

Trials Group A just dgaf anymore. I don't really blame them as there's lots of great games coming out. But even then I think the general skill level that everyone's playing at around 7 wins has surpassed this group. These two are some good PSN buddies of mine and I've been playing games with them weekly for 1-2 years.

Trials Group B are two real life friends of mine that I've known since childhood. The first guy is committed to getting better but has very little time to play and just isn't that great. He's definitely above average but going flawless is a serious challenge with him. The second guy is a wildcard sometimes he's good sometimes he's terrible but generally even though I love him to death he's just not a competitive person. After a loss it's like water off a ducks back. I don't think he'll ever go flawless.

So I don't know what I should do. Destiny has been getting shittier and shittier in general with the current meta, micro transactions, and the economy. Should I just give up? I still love playing Trials but finding a new team of people that aren't assholes, are just as competitive as me (as in they're in it to win it I'm not a psychopath or anything), and have the skill to match seems really tough.

What do you think I should do DetsinyGAF?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Nobody doing normal raid at all? I wanna do it so I can hop on to HM raid after...

Agent

Huge thanks to Hawkian for leading a bunch of WoTM newbies through the raid. The last boss tripped us up a bit, but we were able to knock it out and get the Outbreak Prime quest.

I didn't get any armor from the raid, which was a bit of a bummer. I got the Scout Rifle, Fusion Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.

Reposting for a new page.

I'm stuck in a weird spot where I have two Trials groups.

Trials Group A just dgaf anymore. I don't really blame them as there's lots of great games coming out. But even then I think the general skill level that everyone's playing at around 7 wins has surpassed this group. These two are some good PSN buddies of mine and I've been playing games with them weekly for 1-2 years.

Trials Group B are two real life friends of mine that I've known since childhood. The first guy is committed to getting better but has very little time to play and just isn't that great. He's definitely above average but going flawless is a serious challenge with him. The second guy is a wildcard sometimes he's good sometimes he's terrible but generally even though I love him to death he's just not a competitive person. After a loss it's like water off a ducks back. I don't think he'll ever go flawless.

So I don't know what I should do. Destiny has been getting shittier and shittier in general with the current meta, micro transactions, and the economy. Should I just give up? I still love playing Trials but finding a new team of people that aren't assholes, are just as competitive as me (as in they're in it to win it I'm not a psychopath or anything), and have the skill to match seems really tough.

Huge thanks to Hawkian for leading a bunch of WoTM newbies through the raid. The last boss tripped us up a bit, but we were able to knock it out and get the Outbreak Prime quest.

I didn't get any armor from the raid, which was a bit of a bummer. I got the Scout Rifle, Fusion Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.

Yeah thanks to all that were in on that (especially Hawkian). Had a blast and got some loot, good times

If you guys a NM raid going, I'd be down to help. Either 387 Titan or 387 hunter. Psn Helmster.

I'd like to go to if possible. 373 Hunter but I haven't done it either.

If we can get a group soon I would be happy to join too!

You three and my friend would make 5, if Verano is still interested we can start

I'll join if you guys need some more. Just looking to run it on my 393 titan for SIVA charges. lewismistreated1 on PSN.

If Verano doesn't join you can join us. That would be six I think.

I think after beating hard mode today I'm done raiding until challenge lol. Too many other shooters coming out. Anyone else going to be spending a lot of time in Titanfall 2?

Jabronium

I think after beating hard mode today I'm done raiding until challenge lol. Too many other shooters coming out. Anyone else going to be spending a lot of time in Titanfall 2?

Kind of in the same boat. All that's left at the moment for me to try is hard mode, and after I get through that (hopefully this week) I expect my playtime to fall off a cliff. I'm hoping to get into Titanfall 2. Enjoyed what little bit I played of the beta, but given that Destiny and Halo before that have been my primary FPS's, the speed in Titanfall was both jarring and refreshing.

Strider

I still love playing Trials but finding a new team of people that aren't assholes, are just as competitive as me (as in they're in it to win it I'm not a psychopath or anything), and have the skill to match seems really tough.

If you do indeed love playing Trials just try branching out further and running with new groups. Community here alone is full of both casual and competitive people and there's plenty of other places to find people to play with too.

Goes without saying you won't click with everybody but I'd imagine you can find a new group to run trials with that you do like. Attempting to make new friends is never a bad thing either...

I def understand the whole "seems daunting" to find the right people ...but I wouldn't give up and quit that easily if it's something you really enjoy tho is all.

I thought they'd fixed the exotic quests not working unless you have a spektar version of the class item? This is me (warlock) and the quest isn't progressing. :(

Nope, they just acknowledged its a known bug and will be fixed sometime in the future. Certain shaders don't work as well, but yeah you need the spektar class item for the quest to progress sadly.

Mindlog

If Hawk inaugurals' raid fills up quickly next week let me know :]
I sherpa'd helped a few neophyte raids this week and would be more than happy to help GAF raiders nex week.

I'm taking too close a look at soloing one phase of Aksis and would like to avoid that kind of degenerate behavior. All jokes.

My raid team finally gave hard mode a proper crack tonight and got to aksis phase 1 before we had to call it a night. We were amazed at how easy the siege engine part was. One of our guys died at the very start and we still managed to complete it in under 6 mins.

Number45

Nope, they just acknowledged its a known bug and will be fixed sometime in the future. Certain shaders don't work as well, but yeah you need the spektar class item for the quest to progress sadly.
Bugger. Remember seeing it on an update and assumed it was resolved.

I guess I'll be wasting my rank ups on the chroma options for a while, hoping for a spektar bond. Unless there's a guaranteed way of getting one?

LiK

Hopscotch is pretty good in Trials. Need to get used to it just a but more for PVP in general. Sometimes I forget it has full auto.

deafmedal

Damn kinda quiet in here...

Would like to run either last step of OP quest or a HM WotM. Any interest in either? Got space for 3 if OP quest or space for 4 for full raid.

Kalamari

When's SRL?

If Denzel Washington from The Equalizer and Liam Neeson from Taken fought each other, who would win? Or would they just decide to team up and take out all the mafia?

Top Bottom