• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Trailer, Gameplay Will Be Shown For The First Time At The PS4 E3 Conference

Dirtbag

MS's handling of the Halo franchise with Halo 4 was one of the biggests thing that's really pissed me off with MS the most. Everything else announced and shown about Xbone has just further alienated me. I'm glad Bungie went multiplat and seems to be aligning itself with Sony. It's making my console decision easier and easier. I just have to get used to that controller, I've hated every ps controller since I've held the 360 pad.

Can't wait for E3. Still someone needs to hit me with the real exclusives that make me want their system over the other. Won't be a day 1 buyer for either system at this rate.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
While this game is the one I'm most looking forward to I'm disappointed with the trailer, I mean I like verything about it, it just doesn't hype me. I need gameplay

Agreed, I turned it off fairly soon into the video. Now The Witness video on the PSB, that's something to get excited about.

Meh, I'm excited for the game, but Sony wasting time on multiplatform releases is disappointing.

I'd say this is a special case since it's Bungie. It means a lot to not only have them on stage but also have them showing the first gameplay for their next game. While it's not exactly comparable, I think turning this down would be somewhat like turning down the chance to show the first gameplay for the next GTA simply because it's multiplatform.

Cidd

MS's handling of the Halo franchise with Halo 4 was one of the biggests thing that's really pissed me off with MS the most. Everything else announced and shown about Xbone has just further alienated me. I'm glad Bungie went multiplat and seems to be aligning itself with Sony. It's making my console decision easier and easier. I just have to get used to that controller, I've hated every ps controller since I've held the 360 pad.

Can't wait for E3. Still someone needs to hit me with the real exclusives that make me want their system over the other. Won't be a day 1 buyer for either system at this rate.

Well, I got some good news for you. bungie helped Sony design the PS4 controller so I think you'll be happy. ;)

trailer was meh but the music was fantastic. who is the composer.

Also very smart for activision cod for xbone and destiny for ps4. Bith console covered
Composer is Martin O'Donnell, who has been Bungie's composer since Halo: Combat Evolved. You can here the sample from the PS4 reveal here, which is pretty similar to mix used in the trailer.

Fezan

Composer is Martin O'Donnell, who has been Bungie's composer since Halo: Combat Evolved. You can here the sample from the PS4 reveal here, which is pretty similar to mix used in the trailer.

you can easily feel that the compser of halo is behind this too. :) was really dissapointed in Halo 4 soundtrack now i know the reason

It's funny if they show this and skip on Planetside 2.

Planetside 2 has a lot of potential and it looks KILLER.

I don't see why they would show PS2 at their conference in any sort of demo form. Everything there needs to be reserved for upcoming releases. PS2 has been on the market for months now. Diablo 3 got a pass simply because it's Blizzard, and they've never appeared on stage for a console manufacturer.

Dirtbag

Well, I got some good news for you. bungie helped Sony design with the PS4 controller so I think you'll be happy. ;)

It does have a good/sturdy look about it. I wonder if some of it has to do with the a more western market in mind, on some level the playstation controllers just always felt more eastern by nature. It was such a chore to play FPS's on the ps pad. The sticks were so loose and the triggers were horrendous. Not surprising when the eastern market is much less focused on shooters.

Stark

Banned
I'd say this is a special case since it's Bungie. It means a lot to not only have them on stage but also have them showing the first gameplay for their next game. While it's not exactly comparable, I think turning this down would be somewhat like turning down the chance to show the first gameplay for the next GTA simply because it's multiplatform.

Also, in a sense, it is a good response to the continued partnership with Activision's CoD & Microsoft.

i-Lo

Just saw the trailer. Looks like business became non profitable at Los Pollos Hermanos for him to switch career as a storyteller.

trailer was meh but the music was fantastic. who is the composer.

Also very smart for activision cod for xbone and destiny for ps4. Bith console covered
Marty O'Donnell is the composer. The guy who wrote scores for Bungie since Halo: CE.

There is a Megaton. Fight Call of Duty/Halo with the makers of Halo. Even if multi platform, people will associate it with the PS4
Does it? Assassin's Creed always had big presence at Sony's E3 Media briefing, still the Xbox version out sold it.

trmas

Banned
Bungie at the PS4 conference is HUGE... Halo fans who are loyal to MS have to feel somewhat betrayed... Sony will be pimping the Hell out of the developers that made MS popular with the FPS crowd.

Don't think you realize exactly how big this is - getting some NASTY grams in FaceBook from XBot zealot friends. They definitely feel betrayed

Link to where you read that please

http://www.gamechup.com/sony-asked-bungies-feedback-on-dualshock-4/ said:
Bungie COO, Pete Parsons, has revealed that Sony has contacted them to get feedback on PS4′s controller.

It’s a known fact that the PS4 hardware team had visited a lot of studios–internal and third party–to design the DualShock 4, and considering Bungie was contacted too, things are looking good for FPSs on the system.

“Sony’s hardware team was great. They contacted us early in the process to get feedback on the DualShock 4,” Parsons said.

“We make action games, and our feedback was simple. We wanted to make sure that the DS4 really paired up well with Destiny’s gameplay. For us, that meant the controller needed to feel more substantial, and triggers needed to be concave.”

The controller sports a good feel and has reduced lag, which is very much important for first person shooters. It looks like the company has taken all the DualShock 3 criticisms in mind and have designed a controller which accommodates all types of gamers.

Source – GameInformer Issue 242.

Kyoufu

Bungie at the PS4 conference is HUGE... Halo fans who are loyal to MS have to feel somewhat betrayed... Sony will be pimping the Hell out of the developers that made MS popular with the FPS crowd.

Don't think you realize exactly how big this is - getting some NASTY grams in FaceBook from XBot zealot friends. They definitely feel betrayed

Bungie just shot themselves in the foot.

Guess that Respawn Entertainment deal is real then. Destiny was supposed to X1 exclusive for 6 months or something like that based on the leaks right? Now Activision are aligning themselves with Sony for this franchise. Just a lil hint of salt.

Cidd

It does have a good/sturdy look about it. I wonder if some of it has to do with the a more western market in mind, on some level the playstation controllers just always felt more eastern by nature. It was such a chore to play FPS's on the ps pad. The sticks were so loose and the triggers were horrendous. Not surprising when the eastern market is much less focused on shooters.

I agree the Dual Shocks are a pain in the ass for FPS and precision aiming but in platformers, Driving and fighting games which were mostly games that targeted the eastern market the DS3 was superior. This time around with the DS4 Sony seem to be giving us the best of both worlds and some.

Someone GIF the new choppers at 0:35 :D

a9fs7x.gif

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
It really seems that the MS/ Bungie split didn't go as friendly as they made us to believe. And I am cool with the E3 reveal. There will be 3rd party devs present in the conference, I would rather it be this then let's say BF4 or any other sequel.

I don't see why they would show PS2 at their conference in any sort of demo form. Everything there needs to be reserved for upcoming releases. PS2 has been on the market for months now. Diablo 3 got a pass simply because it's Blizzard, and they've never appeared on stage for a console manufacturer.

But it looks NEXT GEN. I was fucking blown away by the sheer epic scale of Planetside 2. CoD or Killzone have got nothing on Planetside 2 bro...the game is something else!

Just two weeks ago when I last played it, I was fighting in the desert on Indra with hunderds of infantry and vehicles on screen. No FPS can approach the epicness of PS2.

And the graphics in that game are mind blowing good (dat motionblur and lighting)

Variety says the game is coming this fall.

Does it? Assassin's Creed always had big presence at Sony's E3 Media briefing, still the Xbox version out sold it.

Sure, but that started out as a alleged PS3 exclusive, and it wasn't coming from an ex Xbox exclusive studio. I think it is a pretty big deal that Sony nabbed Bungie, and that Destiny has exclusive features on the PS4. At the same time, it makes sense to promote and push a game like this on the superior platform.

Fezan

It really seems that the MS/ Bungie split didn't go as friendly as they made us to believe. And I am cool with the E3 reveal. There will be 3rd party devs present in the conference, I would rather it be this then let's say BF4 or any other sequel.

i dont think we should look to much into it. These things are decided by the publishers. Activision already had deal with MS for COD and sony may have approached them for Destiny. Its very beneficial for Acti that both console do well in market and in process also get co marketing thing

That music. Chills. Goddamn chills. The juxtaposition of the narration and the action was great. Can't wait to see it in action.

Destiny is on four platforms, but they seem to be emphasizing the PS4 more. Hard not to interpret that as a tell, though I'm sure they won't necessarily downplay the Xbone version.

As of now, I'm going to get Destiny on the 360.

teiresias

I really liked the setup of the trailer - the live action with the CG - and the music was great. I've never gotten into the Halo lore anything, but this looks somewhat interesting, though the actual game CG aesthetics look a bit generic to me - a bit too Star Wars and Mass Effect for me. I'd prefer something a bit more stylized or robots with simpler lines.

Overall, the trailer is interesting enough though for me to want to see how it plays though.

IHaveIce

Banned

Halo fans aren't that loyal to ms, just to halo. And even that is hard after the last titles lol.
Many of us would wish for PC releases.

So in short as an avid Halo fan I'm happy to see abungie working so closely with Sony because the PS4 looks way better than the X One

GhaleonEB

As of now, I'm going to get Destiny on the 360.

For me, I'm probably going to make Bungie or Bethesda's next game as my entry to next gen. Which is to say, Fallout 4 or Destiny, which ever hits first. I'll decide on a platform at that time.

It's liberating having my favorite developers be multiplatform. If Destiny were tied to the Xbox One I'd be really torn right now.

Top Bottom