• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

That image shows your gpu usage at 99%

The text is above the relevant graph

the 81 you see is your gpu temp.. it's working your gpu quite hard :)

edit - beaten

Arkanius

You're maxing your GPU there. The 80 is temperature.

My vision isn't augmented. Failed pretty badly there.
Anyway turned off cloth physics and tesselation in hopes of reducing some CPU usage. I find my min framerates higher but other than that it seems to ballpark around the same average.

napata

My vision isn't augmented. Failed pretty badly there.
Anyway turned off cloth physics and tesselation in hopes of reducing some CPU usage. I find my min framerates higher but other than that it seems to ballpark around the same average.

Of course, because your GPU is the bottleneck.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
can't play the game now because the newest patch won't download on steam

wtf

edit: sorted by switching download region to Seattle :/

I'm having this issue... Changed download region and nothing. Content servers unreachable.

EDIT: Seattle worked, weird.

x3sphere

Since the update I'm also getting these weird artifacts in the menu, near the top of my screen:

bXYb.png

I have a Pascal Titan X. Hopefully it's not my GPU (?) I haven't seen artifacts anywhere else and they only appear in the menu.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
New mouse sensitivities are godsend. Much more comfortable to play.

Do 2GB cards perform significantly worse with textures set to high as opposed to medium?

Lister

Banned

Do 2GB cards perform significantly worse with textures set to high as opposed to medium?

The moment your card needs to render a texture that is not in gpu memory it requests it from system memory via the pcie bus. Thats fine if your streaming content in, but if it something needed NOW your performance will drop to shit as the texture gets pulled in. If this happens often what youll get is stutter as frame times go up and down like crazy.

I havemt tried personally but often times just because the game allocates a lot of gpu memory doesnt mean it requires it.

Give it a shot. Youll lnow if your running out vram from the stuttering.

Nzyme32

Since the update I'm also getting these weird artifacts in the menu, near the top of my screen:

bXYb.png

I have a Pascal Titan X. Hopefully it's not my GPU (?) I haven't seen artifacts anywhere else and they only appear in the menu.

Had the same artefacts but it was with lights at Jensens' place. It only happened the once though

Yeah. To be honest, the biggest issue for me was that they straight ported the analogue stick method of having x axis be more sensitive than y axis, which was making me feel sick when playing since nothing matched what I wanted. Now everything mouse is fine

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Uh. Soo I'm trying to play after fiddling with my CPU, now the game has an update on steam that's always scheduled for like 8 minutes or so in the future, and when I try to play it it says "missing content manifest"....?

Tovarisc

Uh. Soo I'm trying to play after fiddling with my CPU, now the game has an update on steam that's always scheduled for like 8 minutes or so in the future, and when I try to play it it says "missing content manifest"....?

Try changing data server location, people have reported that Russia works.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Try changing data server location, people have reported that Russia works.

Vietnam worked. Thanks. Weird bug? Can I switch it back later?

Also, I'm ecstatic to report that luckily I had some unopened thermal paste laying around (impressive because I purged most of my stuff during a recent move) and now my CPU is running at much more acceptable temps. (78c under load).

Should be enough to get me through the night at the very least, aftermarket heatsink comes in tomorrow. Then maybe I can get an OC in.

Now to actually play this game. Thanks to Durante and everyone else in this thread who helped. And sorry to Nixxes for ever doubting your port!!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RE: Artifacts. I noticed odd, inconsistently occurring artifacts in both videos and Mirror's Edge Catalyst on my 1080 after updating to the latest NVidia drivers. Rolling back I haven't noticed the issue since. Im suspicious the drivers are fucked.

Maybe the exe was updated so you would have to re add it to Rivatuner? Not sure, but it's worth a try maybe.

It seems that with the new update,capping framerates won't work without exclusive fullscreen. But it introduces screen tearing. Without exclusive fullscreen, there is no need for vsync. So, now I have to choose between 30fps cap with screen tearing or unstable fps without screen tearing. Or maybe I should go back to the previous version.

Edit: Got it working with rivatuner. I guess I'll have to deal without steam overlay.

CSX

i7 2600K @ 4.6GHZ
First gen Titan X at stock clock

At max settings with MSAA x2 using the benchmark

average fps 37.2
minimum fps 29.9 (lol...)

guess im gonna do a slight OC on the titan X and that should get me at the min 30 fps. Then figure out a way to cap the framerate to 30 and call it a day

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yes, it is a special kind, it's called...MSAA :p

It's always been unbelievably expensive in game's with deferred rendering, and it probably will continue to be.

LOL. No but it has never reduced my FPS in half. At worst I have seen 25% I think, but never a 50% hit. I use MSAA in almost all games.

I just found out about the bug which makes shadows not work when set above High. This is the first game I've ever played where Shadows on High instead of Very High actually is better. Gaming is truly Evolved with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
3770k/970/16 gig ram/ win 10 here and the game doesn't run that great. It crashed on me 4 or 5 times after the first mission when you enter the hub. Once I got past that it runs okayish but I went down the medium settings and put the "detail level" at high which I'm assuming is the textures. It's mostly a solid 60 but it dips at times.

I worked around the crash I was getting trying to go back to Jensen's apartment in mission 14.

I loaded an earlier save and made a couple of different choices.

Will list them below in spoiler tags in case other people are having the same issue as I was. They aren't huge spoilers, but I wanted to err on the side of caution.

First, I decided to go to the bank instead of helping Stanick's daughter.
Second, I did NOT talk to David Sarif when he tells me he set up a secure video call line.

Maybe the Sarif conversation has something to do with it.. I've seen people report crashing on mission 12 and that conversation is available then..

Zackat

ok what's going on with this patch? it keeps queueing, then saying it is installing, over and over again. How do I break the cycle?

ok what's going on with this patch? it keeps queueing, then saying it is installing, over and over again. How do I break the cycle?

switch your server to somewhere in Germany

I don't know what it is with Square and Steam right now but it's getting on my fucking nerves

Soodanim

Played again yesterday, actually going round Prague. I initially said that framerates never went below 60, but that was the first level. Now my average framerate is hovering about 60 sometimes, depending in area. I don't like that. I think it's either time to both make sure I haven't messed up my settings and to overclock my 970. My 4690k is actually only at about 60% use, but the 970 is 100% at all times.

Not performance related, but what the fuck is going on with sprinting up stairs being bugged? How did that get past testing?

Oublieux

Played again yesterday, actually going round Prague. I initially said that framerates never went below 60, but that was the first level. Now my average framerate is hovering about 60 sometimes, depending in area. I don't like that. I think it's either time to both make sure I haven't messed up my settings and to overclock my 970. My 4690k is actually only at about 60% use, but the 970 is 100% at all times.

Not performance related, but what the fuck is going on with sprinting up stairs being bugged? How did that get past testing?

The game is not impressively optimized in general. Also, regarding the sprint bug, that was fixed less than 24 hours ago with a recent patch, so make sure the game has been updated if you didn't know.

Soodanim

The game is not impressively optimized in general. Also, regarding the sprint bug, that was fixed less than 24 hours ago with a recent patch, so make sure the game has been updated if you didn't know.
Yeah, seems so. I hit higher framerates in Doom as that currently looks nicer to me. Patch news is good, thanks. It probably appeared after I started playing.

playing on pc this damn text won't take off. not sure what to do

What monitoring tool are you using in the top left? It looks really sleek.
I'd also like to know, as that looks a lot nicer than the RTSS overlay.

Currently doom is a pinnacle of optimization on PC, (almost) nothing compares favorably to Doom. Maybe BF4 and Division.

MGS V is certainly up there.

Anyway, started the game last night. Runs like a charm @ 60fps locked with these settings & specs.
Benchmark is waaaaaay more demanding.
Although I can't say I'm pleased with the overall look and feel of the game. Looks kinda dated for a 2016 AAA title. :/
Face animations are horrible.

SimplexPL

MGS V is certainly up there.

True. As a rule of thumb, most games that run at 60fps on consoles are well optimized on PC - probably because devs need to up their game to achieve 60fps on weak hardware and as a knock on effect it benefits PC versions.

Now I'm getting stuttering again even with Exclusive Fullscreen off. This port is annoying as fuck.

This tool supposedly alleviates performance problems, anyone tried that?
https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/tag/sk_043

Oublieux

playing on pc this damn text won't take off. not sure what to do

Terribly annoying bug but since no one gave a proper solution, go to the shooting range and start the tutorial again. You do not have to go through the tutorial, just leave and the text should "reset" and disappear.

nOoblet16

Yeah, seems so. I hit higher framerates in Doom as that currently looks nicer to me. Patch news is good, thanks. It probably appeared after I started playing.

I'd also like to know, as that looks a lot nicer than the RTSS overlay.
While it has better post processing effects (probably the best motion blur and DoF I've seen) and TAA, Doom is not as complex technically as Deus Ex MD. It runs at 60FPS on consoles for reason.

nOoblet16

LOL. No but it has never reduced my FPS in half. At worst I have seen 25% I think, but never a 50% hit. I use MSAA in almost all games.
There haven't been many games recently that use MSAA in the first place. Games where MSAA cuts framerate by only 25% are most likely games with forward rendering, MSAA is inherently expensive in deferred rendered games and is the reason you don't see in games these days since most game engines have gone deferred.

Top Bottom