• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 beta open to everyone with Battle.net account [Up: Possibly closed again]

GorillaJu

Why on Earth would blizzard announce it there, and have a link through reddit to download the client? Come on now... obviously a hoax.

qazqaNii

9eeaf04f_HypeTrain.jpeg

Can't wait!

GorillaJu

I don't think its a hoax, but probably wasn't intended to go up this soon.

I didn't mean to say that the whole thing is a hoax, but that the forum post impersonating Blizzard as an "announcement" is just some dude on a computer and not from Blizzard.

You're almost certainly correct, that it was purely accidental, and it is in fact the starter versoin.

Loto

I didn't mean to say that the whole thing is a hoax, but that the forum post impersonating Blizzard as an "announcement" is just some dude on a computer and not from Blizzard.

You're almost certainly correct, that it was purely accidental, and it is in fact the starter versoin.

Yeah I agree, the whole "you can play it now" was a response to the glitch, not anything official.

Hmm, all these links are for regular version of Diablo III that anyone can download. You will still get a message that the game is not released when you try to install, no?

Ryan_

And if we can play the starter version when the servers go up, what will be the big difference with the regular beta? Does anyone know?

raven777

Why was I sleeping when this news was out!!

Anyways, so I just saw this news, and apparently the server is down now?

edit: nvm it works. Does anybody know the file size of beta client?

parski

Selecting EU or Asia servers gives the aforementioned error and trying to connect to "The Americas" gives an error saying the servers are down for maintenance.

Top Bottom