• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thread is deaaaaaaad! Is there another thread I'm not aware of or are people just waiting for the RoS thread?

Shifty76

So I was trying to mess around with inner sanctuary last night, but the cooldown is soo long. I swapped back to stun bell and dropped back to CotA T4. Then I decided to try out this 1h I got the other day with 4% to drop health globe and a 7% cool down. I decided seize wasn't doing much (especially against grays) and ground effects hurt more, so I put up beacon of ytar for another 20% cooldown reduction and swapped the stun bell back out for inner sanctuary again (rune that nullifies ground effects). I was able to increase back up
to T5!

I think I'm gonna work on getting more cooldown on my gear. I would like to be able to spam IS as soon as possible.

Also, cyclone strike is amazing with the strong arm bracer +damage on knock back.

Interesting...I may have to try that. I was running IS but swapped it out for EP. Are you using a mantra? Not sure where I'd fit IS in with Overawe/SW/EP/DS/WoL/FoF on my bar currently.

Do note that StI gives armour, which IS effective against ground effects.

I don't run SW.

Crippling wave - rising tide, dashing strike, cyclone strike, EP, IS, MoC (rune that reduces damage from effected enemies.)

The weapon with health globes did help too. But the 6 seconds less cool down on IS was huge. I'm considering sticking all my paragon into further cooldown reduction instead of more damage (ias / cc). An ideal 50% cooldown reduction would be fanfuckingtastic.

I have no idea how a monk runs without EP. This was pretty much inspired by raticus BTW.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Two diablo threads. Main gaming side. People still posting in the preorder thread. Consolidation would be nice, but a new OT won't be posted until ROS

Unless we fail to have edit: *130 posts in two weeks, there will be a new OT before RoS.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Two diablo threads. Main gaming side. People still posting in the preorder thread. Consolidation would be nice, but a new OT won't be posted until ROS
The 2.0 patch thread have sort of become defacto OT until the ROS OT gets here I think? More people see it since it's not buried in Community.

Unless we fail to have edit: *130 posts in two weeks, there will be a new OT before RoS.

If we fill up we all move to the preorder threads until ROS hits, per the creator of this thread.

The 2.0 patch thread have sort of become defacto OT until the ROS OT gets here I think? More people see it since it's not buried in Community.

Right. I get it. This place is just home for me. I think I'm one of, if not the highest post counts in here.

Einbroch

Banned
Question: I got myself a Thunderfury. Say I use an ability that does splash damage on the same use. Does each enemy it hit have a chance to trigger the effect, and can the effect trigger more than once on a single cast? On the other hand, say I use an attack that hits three times (WD Poison Dart with the three shot rune), can that trigger TF three times or only once?

Skytylz

Banned
everyone has been saying sell everything because above level 60 will be all new mats. all you need is gold.

Will even brimstone be worthless? That's the only one I kinda want to buy some of if it'll still be used because it takes quite a while to get.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Right. I get it. This place is just home for me. I think I'm one of, if not the highest post counts in here.

Yup, I checked on the mobile site (where's the option on the main site?) and you're about 250 ahead of the second person.

OT5 wall of shame: (top 10)

Fenderputty 924
MrDaravon 687
Dahbomb 657
xxjuicesxx 536
kennah 504
Raticus79 438
turnbuckle 403
Shifty76 383
eek5 336
neoism 331

Shouta

I don't run SW.

Crippling wave - rising tide, dashing strike, cyclone strike, EP, IS, MoC (rune that reduces damage from effected enemies.)

The weapon with health globes did help too. But the 6 seconds less cool down on IS was huge. I'm considering sticking all my paragon into further cooldown reduction instead of more damage (ias / cc). An ideal 50% cooldown reduction would be fanfuckingtastic.

I have no idea how a monk runs without EP. This was pretty much inspired by raticus BTW.

They can run without EP by using SW, lol. Having both melts most regular mob packs though and using something like Crippling Wave is pretty wild for it because you can get some serious clouds of lightning going. I',m actually considering swapping from Essence Burn to one of the other varieties of EP for the proper explosion on death damage since Essence Burn doesn't work like a normal EP.

Shifty76

They can run without EP by using SW, lol. Having both melts most regular mob packs though and using something like Crippling Wave is pretty wild for it because you can get some serious clouds of lightning going. I',m actually considering swapping from Essence Burn to one of the other varieties of EP for the proper explosion on death damage since Essence Burn doesn't work like a normal EP.

Yeah, unless you're running lower difficulty levels than anything is better than EB.

I actually run Inner Storm rune on SW as it feeds my spirit needs for stunbells.

Dahbomb

Essence Burn is godly for low level white trash clearing...

But it's much worse for clearing out bigger targets at higher difficulties.

Anyone playing a WD got any thoughts on new build options?
I thought of you last night as I was testing out another Diablo 3 build. It's not explicitly a pet build, but it may as well be. Give it a look-see.

Let's start out with the skills first. Vision Quest helps gain resource from the main attack, Firebomb. Which, conversely, mitigates the increased mana costs of Pierce the Veil, while giving an awesome damage boost. And last, Fetish Sycophants will bring in our favorite small bodied, big-headed friends to do extra damage.

Firebomb is one of my two primary attacks. With Pyrogeist as the rune, I can drop three Firebombs and watch them whittle down mobs without much afterthought. Acid Cloud is also a primary attack, as it deals a lot of damage and is very effective for bunched up monsters. I have it runed for a wider area, but I think that is a rune that can be played with.

I roll Spirit Walk with Healing Journey, as it is my get-out-of-jail-free card. This is more suited to my playstyle, but Spirit Walk is an invaluable skill of any build, imo. Soul Harvest falls into the exact same category as Spirit Walk, with Vengeful Spirit runed to deal massive damages when I proc it.

Now here comes the crux of this build. Big Bad Voodoo with Boogie Man as the rune. The extra damage from this skill is awesome, while it is up, but the low CD isn't very attractive. Not that it matters, because we get the added benefit of spawning up to three zombie dogs because of it! There was only one time in all of my time playing last night where I saw less than three zombie dogs. Not only do zombie dogs do good damage, but they are very resilient now, so they can tank well.

Last, Fetish Army is like the zombie dogs. Good damage, gets monsters' attention away from you, and runed for more uptime.

Yup, I checked on the mobile site (where's the option on the main site?) and you're about 250 ahead of the second person.

Fenderputty 924
MrDaravon 687
Dahbomb 657
xxjuicesxx 536
kennah 504
Raticus79 438
turnbuckle 403
Shifty76 383
eek5 336
neoism 331

That's like a little less than 1/10th of my GAF post history ... :O

Yeah, unless you're running lower difficulty levels than anything is better than EB.

I actually run Inner Storm rune on SW as it feeds my spirit needs for stunbells.

At lower difficulties I've been running tempest rush. But I've only been playing T1 or T4-5. Nothing in between.

Will even brimstone be worthless? That's the only one I kinda want to buy some of if it'll still be used because it takes quite a while to get.

It will still get used for 60 and under legendary crafting, but not post 60. That's the one I'm hanging onto, just because of the relative pain to get. But, I only have 16 or so. If I had hundreds, I'd probably sell a bunch.

NeoCross

So is it safe to just sell all the exquisite essence/common debris? I think I have an ass ton of each just sitting on storage. And lol at people eating up flawless squares in the AH.

eek5

Fenderputty 924
MrDaravon 687
Dahbomb 657
xxjuicesxx 536
kennah 504
Raticus79 438
turnbuckle 403
Shifty76 383
eek5 336
neoism 331

yay I made it! Can we get a running total of OT1-5? just kidding I probably wouldn't want to know lol

Firemind

Are the Crusader skills and runes fixed at this point? Because, fucking hell, Zeal is so bad. Insulting to have it named after one of the greatest skills in Diablo. And what the fuck happened to Vengeance?

Shouta

Essence Burn is godly for low level white trash clearing...

But it's much worse for clearing out bigger targets at higher difficulties.

Well, it's nice when you burn EB a pack and the Elites are in the middle but yeah, it lose s a bit of its luster on single targets. On the other hand, it still does 1623% which is a huge improvement of the standard EP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry Ashodin, but no Hammers? FAIL.

Techies

So I have to say, Loot 2.0 made playing HC a LOT more fun. Crafting is worth it, and drops are potentially good. On top of that, the servers feel SO much more stable than they were a few months back. No stuttering, no lag, no nothing.

Definitely impressed.

Maybe servers feel more stable, because there are far less players...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Maybe servers feel more stable, because there are far less players...

I'd wager there are far more players currently than probably any other time since the months following release.

What Zero said.
There are faaaaar more people interested in D3 after 2.0 than there were even a few months after release.

Edit: omg page 399. we're so close!

Yoshichan

Sorry guys... the RoS thread is NOT going to be up when this thread gets to 20k posts. It's not ready yet ._.

Also, GOOD JOB US GAF! You guys beat us today!

RoS is coming

tumblr_mvzvgsVnmw1sq1x1do1_500.gif

And on this last page I hit 60 (with three bonus paragon levels to boot before logging). Wooo! Time to deck out in extravagant 60 legendries (RNG willing)!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ha, yup, there it is.

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]
Wizard:
Arcane Torrent
Skill Rune - Cascade
Fixing an issue where the secondary missiles are triggering off damaging sources that are not Arcane Torrent*

Edit: aaaand it's gone. Looks like the fix is live.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That's pretty crazy.

Tried it on my wiz using blizzard and it's pretty damaging.

Add in some good area damage and mobs melt. Will have to give it a good run when the damn servers become playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom