• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
Once I finish act V and get adventure mode, is it then unlocked for all my characters? Or is it a per character deal

KaYotiX

Banned
Funnily enough, most of the "Yoshi is sick", "Yoshi needs a life" or Yoshi-hate in general comes from US GAF. Coincidence? I don't think so. Jealousy? I think so.

Whatever, people need to chill the fuck out and be more hype. People can't apparently hype video games on a video game forum.

It's GAF they hate on everything man. They could get free games and $$ and still bitch.

dengatron

any estimates from beta as to how many act V clears it will take to reach 70 post xp nerf? i'd like to be 70 for the first orange drop then immediately take a crusader into adventure mode.

Artadius

Follow up question...

Can you unlock adventure mode by just plowing through Normal difficulty or do you have to be at least on Torment 1? Do you have to be 70 also to unlock it?

Sothpaw

I don't give a shit about how Yoshi plays or how much he plays (and neither should anyone else really). I only give a shit if/when he starts shitting up threads with verbal diarrhea post Blizzard game release after the hype phase has subsided. The drive by post nonsense is irritating, shit was bad in D3 thread and was bad in the Hearthstone thread as well.

Thankfully that hasn't happened yet but if it does you bet your candy ass I am going to call his ass out on it.

I have to agree. I mean the D3 vanilla was pretty shitty but the comments were like a 12 year old took Richard Sherman levels of aderall while drinking a 40oz of Starbucks.

Rubius

This was my main takeaway from the brief time I was able to put up with the high latency. It was just way too slow. I have zero interest in legit leveling a character through the same content again if it is going to be that slow. Pretty much power level or nothing for me.

Could you level a guy in Adventure mode? Because my main problem with Diablo 3 was that the game was lacking replayability at launch. And from what I seen, not much have changed in 2.0 on that front.

Is it possible to use a VPN to play early?

Nope. You have separate characters for each realm.

And, uh, yeah I'd say that confirms it.

BjhoZM5CQAAx4eD.jpg

@joshmosq
Ladders at the #reaperofsouls launch event?!?!?
https://twitter.com/joshmosq/status/448222945261797376

Jokab

They're interviewing two (admittedly pretty great) cosplayers who are in the studio right now. It's kind of a weird thing.

Wolfie5

I will play Act 5 first with my WD, just need to remember to uncheck "skip cutscenes" first. Than it will be about adventure mode all the way and gearing up my WD :)
Not in a hurry to play crusader, that will have to wait.

dmr87

Euros getting my American made game first WTF BLIZZARD!

How does it feel?!! *shakes fist*

I will play Act 5 first with my WD, just need to remember to uncheck "skip cutscenes" first. Than it will be about adventure mode all the way and gearing up my WD :)
Not in a hurry to play crusader, that will have to wait.

That, and leaving every general/trade chat to avoid tards spoiling and spamming shit.

ZenaxPure

-Nerfed XP gain was super noticeable, hard only got me to level 10 before the SK.It was annoying instead of fun, paragon levels on NA will help with that.
-Provoke lets you just spam finishers on things a lot of the time. Feels WAY less limited than Fury does.

I played a bit of crusader and honestly provoke feels more like a non-consistent version of war cry (in terms of resource generation). It's better when you are in large packs, but way worse when fighting stuff like bosses/elite packs. It'll probably be a staple for me though, unless there are better methods of wrath generation at higher levels.

As for xp, yeah, it's pretty rough. Thankfully though between having a hellfire ring, a level reduced weapon, and adventure mode I don't think I will mind it that much (unless I decide to just go the power level route, but, I am thinking adventure mode should make leveling it fun).

TheYanger

I played a bit of crusader and honestly provoke feels more like a non-consistent version of war cry (in terms of resource generation). It's better when you are in large packs, but way worse when fighting stuff like bosses/elite packs. It'll probably be a staple for me though, unless there are better methods of wrath generation at higher levels.

As for xp, yeah, it's pretty rough. Thankfully though between having a hellfire ring, a level reduced weapon, and adventure mode I don't think I will mind it that much (unless I decide to just go the power level route, but, I am thinking adventure mode should make leveling it fun).

Even on just a single mob Provoke gives like as much as a war cry, it's definitely a great skill. That one never left my bar by the time I quit.

Fularu

Banned
I didn't want to ruin it too much so I only played through the skeleton king/level 12 (didn't get to 13 for steed charge).
Thoughts:

-Nerfed XP gain was super noticeable, hard only got me to level 10 before the SK.It was annoying instead of fun, paragon levels on NA will help with that.

Oh, and blessed hammers were the last thing I got, absolutely wrecked packs of mobs, and costs almost nothing. Bad single target though.
The lack of two Hellfire rings also impacts the speed at which one levels.

One for the follower and one for yourself should make us reach lvl 13-14 by the time we reach SK.

Even on just a single mob Provoke gives like as much as a war cry, it's definitely a great skill. That one never left my bar by the time I quit.

War Cry generates fury and has good passive benefits. The effect of Provoke is gone in seconds even though they're both on a 30s timer. Barb also has Leap and Furious Charge on a 15s timer.

The prevalence of cooldowns in the Crusader's skill set has me concerned.

doomquake

reinstalled after 2 years (is it really that old now?) and redid my mage... made a frozen orb spam mage build + knockout bubble with that unique amulet that spawns shadow clones..thought i was original :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You are my hero.
Sorry, Yoshichan, but I know and you know this will happen. You will hate the game sooner or later, and we will hear about it over and over and over :p
You're just as obvious as I am, then. Good job.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, just as much as I seem to be making your launch party "shitty", you guys are making mine even worse. The amount of fucking headache this thread's given me is beyond incredible, it's fucking unbelievable how much I want to get the fuck out of here and not return in a long ass time.

In fact, that's exactly what I'll do. The haters won. Peace ya'll, enjoy the game.

Seriously, just as much as I seem to be making your launch party "shitty", you guys are making mine even worse. The amount of fucking headache this thread's given me is beyond incredible, it's fucking unbelievable how much I want to get the fuck out of here and not return in a long ass time.

In fact, that's exactly what I'll do. The haters won. Peace ya'll, enjoy the game.

Mumble

TheYanger

War Cry generates fury and has good passive benefits. The effect of Provoke is gone in seconds even though they're both on a 30s timer. Barb also has Leap and Furious Charge on a 15s timer.

Obviously War cry does other things :p I think it's disingenuous to say that War Cry generates more resources though, if you're facing only a single mob they're like the same, and against even 4-5 provoke is basically full wrath.

Besides the resource generation the skills are 100% different so who cares.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I was starting sweat bullets amazon hadn't shipped yet... Then I found out I live in the same city as the distribution center. Day saved.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

With right rune and a decent sized pack furious charge has no cooldown :D

Svafnir

I feel like I missed something... Anyway, love you yoshi. Enjoy the crusader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom