• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

So my friend wanted to buy the digital version and he was all like "Can't I just buy the US digital version?"

We're located in Europe though, but the $ is cheaper than the €. Can he activate it on a EU account though? I don't think so myself, but I only know how it works for WoW.

Oh Hi guys!!! Im getting this:

Diablo-3-is-Error-37.jpg

explain pls!!

/t

lol you need an explanation?

GJS

So my friend wanted to buy the digital version and he was all like "Can't I just buy the US digital version?"

We're located in Europe though, but the $ is cheaper than the €. Can he activate it on a EU account though? I don't think so myself, but I only know how it works for WoW.

This is what some people in the UK have been doing, although for the digital deluxe edition.

1. go to https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls
2. select "USD 59.99 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION"
3. click ***GIFT*** (important)
4. proceed, log into battle.net and pay, put your own email into the recipient's box (doesn't matter if it is the same one registered to your battle.net account, you can gift it to yourself)
5. go to https://eu.battle.net/, click "add a game key" and paste your code, activate, and enjoy!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dia...ition-for-35-90-save-24-09-battle-net-1844792

scy

For me, I think I'm going to go Wiz --> DH --> Monk --> Crusader.

Barb never really grabbed me. WD...too soon.

I just really want a Crusader :x

But I have a test tomorrow!

I really hope the servers don't work... Who am I kidding I'd just play Hearthstone instead.

I'm trying to decide what I enjoy more, My Pet WD or my Frozen Orb Wiz.

just play

it's okay

I may be a terrible influence.

Game is launching in less then 2 hours here but im not waiting up.

Still remember what happened two years ago :)

[ERROR 37 INTENSIFIES]

Rubius

Powerleveling tricks? Did you fucking see the picture? Not even 1/5th of the time was being spent using "powerleveling" tricks. Calculate brother, calculate.

Well the image say that you leveled all your characters to 60 in one day using the power level trick.
Not saying that it's not impressive, but it's not like you did it from scratch and did the act 1 through 5 , 4 times for each characters, 7 times in 1 day.

anthym

Neo Member
I've got a quick question maybe some of you that play a pet build WD can answer. I use firebats, wall of zombies, big bad voodoo, spirit walk, zombie dogs, and gargantuan. Most if my damage is coming from firebats so I've been using rares with +fire dmg or +firebats. Haven't really come across any legendaries or sets for my build. Does anyone know of any that would benefit me? Or are there any crafting recipes?

Edit: on my phone at work so I can't remember the passive names off the top of my head but it's the one that gives you an extra dog, chance for fetish spawn, and 20%dmg increase

RS4-

I've got a quick question maybe some of you that play a pet build WD can answer. I use firebats, wall of zombies, big bad voodoo, spirit walk, zombie dogs, and gargantuan. Most if my damage is coming from firebats so I've been using rares with +fire dmg or +firebats. Haven't really come across any legendaries or sets for my build. Does anyone know of any that would benefit me? Or are there any crafting recipes?

Edit: on my phone at work so I can't remember the passive names off the top of my head but it's the one that gives you an extra dog, chance for fetish spawn, and 20%dmg increase

Mask of Jeram is a leg helmet that gives 75-100% bonus damage to your pets. I think the new Tasker & Theo gives bonus attack speed to them as well. I use the same passives, well the first two at least, I don't remember what my third is. The hard part is probably mana cost for bats if you get CC'd. Pretty annoying fighting an elite, and you cast your bats for a second, then get controlled and not have mana for a few seconds.

It isn't a big problem, just a little annoying.

forrest

formerly nacire
Amazon has yet to start fulfilling my preorder for the Collector's Edition. I hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well the image say that you leveled all your characters to 60 in one day using the power level trick.
Not saying that it's not impressive, but it's not like you did it from scratch and did the act 1 through 5 , 4 times for each characters, 7 times in 1 day.
1-60 with all classes would've taken me 22 hours "legit" instead of the 8 hours I spent.

Now let's do some basic calcs here.

Out of the 322 hours (give or take) that I played since 2.0, how much is 22 hours here? Does the 14 hour difference really change much in this case? No.

edit: And what exactly are you talking about here, exactly? 4 times for each character? Are we talking about normal, nightmare, hell and inferno? The old difficulty system? Do you even 2.0 bro?

Ryan_

It seems I won't be able to play tonight but I'll make it up tomorrow and in the days to come.

God damn, this is gonna be epic!

Dahbomb

Yoshichan who art thou in Europe
Hallowed be thy mouse
Thy mercy come
Thy grind be done
In Diablo 3, as it is efficient
Give us this day, our daily loot
And forgive us our inferior RNG skills
As we too have forgiven those less lucky
And lead us not into fanboyism...

But deliver us RoS!

dengatron

Amazon still hasn't shipped as of 5:18 pm and customer support tells me I won't get it until thursday. Since when the fuck do amazon not ship until the day of release, especially for prime customers?

I take it you never played ladder in D2? It's also rather premature to say that the game has no economy. Of course it doesn't yet. They just removed the AH.

I played ladder plenty on D2... but this game isn't D2.

There is no item duping. No item trading. There is no PVP. There is no 99 level cap. There are all things ladder was designed to refresh.

Just makes no sense to have ladders. Competition? Competition in a game where literally the only skill is how much time you spend in the game compared to others? (Yoshi) And also how lucky the RNG gods are to you so you can clear bigger and better content faster? That rewards early adopters because the stronger you get, the faster you farm which means the faster you clear more harder content?

I just don't understand the ladder hype. It's all you read on the official forums and on reddit. Makes 0 sense given the games current mechanics.

Dahbomb

I played ladder plenty on D2... but this game isn't D2.

There is no item duping. No item trading. There is no PVP. There is no 99 level cap. There are all things ladder was designed to refresh.

Just makes no sense to have ladders. Competition? Competition in a game where literally the only skill is how much time you spend in the game compared to others? (Yoshi)

I just don't understand the ladder hype. It's all you read on the official forums and on reddit. Makes 0 sense given the games current mechanics.
Main purpose of the Ladder is to purge the AH pre-2.0 busted loot. A ton of players got way ahead due to the AH and not even RoS is going to restore the balance because some of the legacy gear is OP. Not to mention the problem with the gold inflation.

There may not be item trading right now but that could change in the future. They might even enable trading in Ladders who knows.

anthym

Neo Member
Mask of Jeram is a leg helmet that gives 75-100% bonus damage to your pets. I think the new Tasker & Theo gives bonus attack speed to them as well. I use the same passives, well the first two at least, I don't remember what my third is. The hard part is probably mana cost for bats if you get CC'd. Pretty annoying fighting an elite, and you cast your bats for a second, then get controlled and not have mana for a few seconds.

It isn't a big problem, just a little annoying.

I know what you mean about the CC, that's the main reason my spirit walk rune is the 20% mana restore. It helps sometimes but I have to run away if I'm playing solo and run oom against a crazy elite. Thanks for the input on the legs. That mask sounds exactly like what I need.

oneils

My contingency plan seems to be working out.

Last friday I ordered a copy of Diablo III for PS 3. I just received it in the mail. Now I have something to do if the pc servers aren't working.

Woot!

forrest

formerly nacire
Amazon still hasn't shipped as of 5:18 pm and customer support tells me I won't get it until thursday. Since when the fuck do amazon not ship until the day of release, especially for prime customers?

I'm prime and paid extra for shipping to ensure it would be here on release day and as of 4:25pm it hasn't even starting being fulfilled or anything. I was debating between Digital Deluxe and retail CE as I have the retail CE of D3 and loved it, but also want to start playing at midnight tonight. Hmmm....what to do. Maybe I'll chat with Amazon in a few and see what the deal is.

Ichabod

Banned
My enjoyment of Path of Exile has kind of bitten me with the diablo-bug and I'm thinking of diving in tomorrow. I have a couple of dumb questions, though.
1) RoS is purely an expansion so I need the base D3 game, correct?
2) Since I'd rather download the games digitally, is Blizzard's website the best place to purchase and dl my copies?

Main purpose of the Ladder is to purge the AH pre-2.0 busted loot. A ton of players got way ahead due to the AH and not even RoS is going to restore the balance because some of the legacy gear is OP. Not to mention the problem with the gold inflation.

There may not be item trading right now but that could change in the future. They might even enable trading in Ladders who knows.

So what if someone else has better gear than you? You'll probably never come in contact with them, nor does it effect your gameplay in ANYWAY considering there is no PVP.

My brain hurts. Theres 0 logic in ladder.

oneils

My enjoyment of Path of Exile has kind of bitten me with the diablo-bug and I'm thinking of diving in tomorrow. I have a couple of dumb questions, though.
1) RoS is purely an expansion so I need the base D3 game, correct?
2) Since I'd rather download the games digitally, is Blizzard's website the best place to purchase and dl my copies?

Definitely yes to number 1. Not sure about two. For convenience sake, yes it is the best place. It is what I did. But people are buying keys from other dealers so that they can save some money.

I bought directly from blizzard to avoid any potential hassles. No key required.

Kacho

EU peeps are so close now. I'm jealous.

About 6 hours for us Americans. No one is online either. The calm before the storm. I'm ready.

So what the hell did they end up doing to the game, and is it yet another bait-and-switch where people bought RoS based off of what was promised, and shown until recently, only for it to have been tossed aside at the last moment?

edit: Wait, is this only because of an XP nerf? If that's the case, some of these people need to remember just how fucking terrible XP was when vanilla D3 went live. The game was pretty much shit until Paragon levels, and even then it was still only slightly better shit. And I'm sorry, but casually playing for a few days (granted there was the +100% XP bonus in effect), I gained 57 Paragon levels. So I guess now that would have been 20 - 25? Boo hoo.

I got through like 3 paragraphs of that and thought the guy was writing a suicide note. WTF is he talking about?

Rubius

For clarification. Selfies are hard with shit phones.

Didnt you pay 1000$ to have a unique in Path of Exile and then just throw the game away. Man. Also, like I said, it's impressive what you did, but just not that impressive. I do not powerlevel and do not get powerleveled. I do not use cookie cutter stuff to get the biggest XP gain possible. I just play the game at my pace and do not like racing around. Same reason why I stopped playing MMO's when I have to go do raids. I just dont like doing the same stuff over and over.

Only played 2-3 hours of 2.0 so I dont know how the whole Normal Hard thing work now. Was waiting for Reaper of Soul and will be playing in 4 weeks. So you can beat the whole campaign and get to lvl 60 in less than 6 hours? What.

Still, grats on your stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Didnt you pay 1000$ to have a unique in Path of Exile and then just throw the game away.
Good job understanding the basic premise of a joke.
Man. Also, like I said, it's impressive what you did, but just not that impressive. I do not powerlevel and do not get powerleveled. I do not use cookie cutter stuff to get the biggest XP gain possible. I just play the game at my pace and do not like racing around. Same reason why I stopped playing MMO's when I have to go do raids. I just dont like doing the same stuff over and over.

Still, grats on your stats.
With all due respect, why are you even telling me this? I don't care how you play your games.

edit: I just saw your edit (you not understanding how the game works whatsoever) and now it's making much more sense.

Dahbomb

So what if someone else has better gear than you? You'll probably never come in contact with them, nor does it effect your gameplay in ANYWAY considering there is no PVP.

My brain hurts. Theres 0 logic in ladder.
Better gear means they can farm higher difficulty content easier and get faster Paragon points. For people who take the game seriously, more Paragon points equals higher rank which is already what a Ladder is (it ranks based on EXP gained). Technically a Ladder already exists (its up on Diablo progress, the Paragon rankings are posted) but because of the AH people who paid up early got a significant advantage in the race so to speak.

So when they actually make a Ladder it will be a true clean slate and there will be no buying your way into better gear and morw Paragons. So the person who will be ahead is the one who plays the most efficiently, as it was in D2 (and that means partying up with clans) not who gamed the AH.

And that doesn't include any special features they might add to Ladders.

LOL Yoshichan is just on another level. Makes me wonder if any of you taking shots have seen how professional fighting game players play. Shit is bananas how often they're on the sticks.

Fularu

Banned
LOL Yoshichan is just on another level. Makes me wonder if any of you taking shots have seen how professional fighting game players play. Shit is bananas how often they're on the sticks.

I have no issues with how Yoshi plays or hypes up things.

I'm just weary of any possible meltdown in a few weeks (I VIVIDLY remember both D3 and MoP)

Edit : As in, I hope he'll still play with us two years from now :)

Fularu

Banned
Excuse me?

You went from "AMAZING" to "THIS IS GARBAGE"

I understand why you did it though :)

Edit : Your first month in MoP was great, then you started dislinking the game (but not as much as D3, MoP was just plagued with Dailitis and the first raiding tier was so so at best)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom