• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

br3wnor

In order to access Act 5 do I just have to be level 60 or can I not have reset my questchain? I reset my quests and stopped playing for a bit and now both my level 60's are in Act 2 with no ability to jump ahead. Do I have to beat game again w/ them or you think the fact that I'm level 60 will override that?

Artadius

Yeah, I crafted this one just a couple of days ago FML...

k1ORRU3.png

Unbelievable. Amazon has failed in shipping the game on release day/tomorrow due to "delays in the fulfillment center." Looks like I'll be playing on Wednesday or even Thursday if they don't screw up again.

At least I can get my WD up to 60 by then (at 52 currently).

In order to access Act 5 do I just have to be level 60 or can I not have reset my questchain? I reset my quests and stopped playing for a bit and now both my level 60's are in Act 2 with no ability to jump ahead. Do I have to beat game again w/ them or you think the fact that I'm level 60 will override that?

From what I understand, you have to complete the story in order to progress into Act V. I am in the same situation, reset quests a few days ago, and now I'm running through the game on Normal to get to Diablo. Going to do it on two characters, then decide later which one I want to start out Act V as.

Will get my CE tomorow afternoon

Want to play tonight

WHAT DO I DO?

You know what to do.

br3wnor

From what I understand, you have to complete the story in order to progress into Act V. I am in the same situation, reset quests a few days ago, and now I'm running through the game on Normal to get to Diablo. Going to do it on two characters, then decide later which one I want to start out Act V as.

You know what to do.

Damn that sucks, I just started Act 3, possible to beat in 2 hours if I just ignore all the enemies and go to checkpoints?

First time Diablo player, long-time PoE player. I downloaded the starter edition to see how well it ran on my laptop (it couldn't handle PoE unfortunately). Waited until it downloaded 50% until I could play it. Yyyup, awful performance at minimum settings in 1280x800. But that wasn't what made me rage. I couldn't play without being disconnected. I played for something like 10 minutes until I disconnected the first time. Now I'm lucky to play for 5 minutes. I've never heard of a game you couldn't play even if you were connected to the internet. I never disconnected while playing PoE on my laptop and I've had a maximum of 6 disconnections in PoE after 60+ hours on my desktop.

Disclaimers: my laptop is old poop (C2D 2GHz, GeForce 8600MT, 3GB RAM) but I thought that Blizzard magic would make it optimized enough. Second, my current abode (school apartment) has the worst internet speeds anywhere I live currently, but it never stopped me from playing games until tonight. Speedtest says it's currently 3/1 Mbps with Ethernet. That's seriously not enough for D3??

I am saddened and shocked and I cannot purchase D3 until I know it runs on my home desktop with a stable connection.

biaxident

So for those playing already, did you beat diablo after it went live to transition acts? Or did you switch quests in the menu? I just have a hunch if there's any server problem, it would be with millions of people creating a game a same time, so it might be better to be sitting at diablo for some time. Thoughts?

Fularu

Banned
First time Diablo player, long-time PoE player. I downloaded the starter edition to see how well it ran on my laptop (it couldn't handle PoE unfortunately). Waited until it downloaded 50% until I could play it. Yyyup, awful performance at minimum settings in 1280x800. But that wasn't what made me rage. I couldn't play without being disconnected. I played for something like 10 minutes until I disconnected the first time. Now I'm lucky to play for 5 minutes. I've never heard of a game you couldn't play even if you were connected to the internet. I never disconnected while playing PoE on my laptop and I've had a maximum of 6 disconnections in PoE after 60+ hours on my desktop.

Disclaimers: my laptop is old poop (C2D 2GHz, GeForce 8600MT, 3GB RAM) but I thought that Blizzard magic would make it optimized enough. Second, my current abode (school apartment) has the worst internet speeds anywhere I live currently, but it never stopped me from playing games until tonight. Speedtest says it's currently 3/1 Mbps with Ethernet. That's seriously not enough for D3??

I am saddened and shocked and I cannot purchase D3 until I know it runs on my home desktop with a stable connection.

Try again when you have the full game installed. If your connection is slow, the game will disconnect while attempting to download and get the assests needed for it to work.

50% sounds like you're in the "playable" zone, you shouldn't really play before the green one

J. Bravo

so i just bought the digital ros. i don't need to do anything else right? it's already part of my account? no need to put a key in or anything.

but i'm ready regardless. got my 40 bagel bites and 6 klondike bars LOL

th3dude

so i just bought the digital ros. i don't need to do anything else right? it's already part of my account? no need to put a key in or anything.

but i'm ready regardless. got my 40 bagel bites and 6 klondike bars LOL

I'm god damn jealous, that sounds amazing

Xaero

Neo Member
Just finished Act 5. Worst, most abrupt ending ever? Didn't even feel finished.

The act was fun, but I finished it and was like, was that it? Bit disappointed.

Just started a Crusader in Adventure mode though, seems like good fun! :)

Damn that sucks, I just started Act 3, possible to beat in 2 hours if I just ignore all the enemies and go to checkpoints?

Change difficulty to Normal. Select skills that improve max movement speed and power through the quests. Can be done VERY fast. Ignore elites. If you are interested in legendaries, then drop an AoE on the elites and continue running. Check map for legendaries occasionally.

Just finished Act 5. Worst, most abrupt ending ever? Didn't even feel finished.

The act was fun, but I finished it and was like, was that it? Bit disappointed.

Just started a Crusader in Adventure mode though, seems like good fun! :)

Blizzard's way of preparing for next expansion...
- increase max level to 80
- add another class
- increase player count to 6

IceMarker

When did this come out? I thought it was 1.5 hours ago but people are already 70, or is it just that fast

Came out in Asia early this morning, EU got in at 4pm and America gets in at 9pm (Pacific time). Most players in Asia and EU are starting to hit 70 by now.

Azulsky

imo literally the best thing about D3 is mucking around with the skills yourself; you can't really go too wrong.

Eh in T1 you can pretty much run around willy nilly but past that into T2 boses and T3 you need to get picky.

Exploding Palm Flesh is Weak
Inner Sanctuary Forbidden Palace
Dashing Strike (any rune)
Cyclone Strike Implosion
Way of Hundred Fists
Mantra of your choice

Hmm thats interesting. Never have used Inner Sanctuary.

I was running a dual generator build + stun bell with sweeping wind(cyclone)

I have been using WotF(Single Target one), Mantra(Damage taken by enemies boosting one) for a while. I can perpetually stun enemies it just falls apart wwhen i fight frozen affix.

It just feels like Fists of Thunder got shit on even though with thunderclap the numbers are technically better..? Maybe i read the notes wrong

I feel like you lack the real AOE damage with that setup to put anything down in a reasonable about of time. Maybe I am using shitty passives(OWE, Combo Strike, Seize the Initiative). The last one feels like it probably does nothing but I only have about ~5k armor with it.

Im seeing folks with my dps(220k unbuffed, 300k buffed) with several millions in toughness. But it seems like the heaviest weighed component of that number is Vit.

Seems like there has to be a build that focuses on large quantities and faster spirit cycling and has life return per spirit spent as its integral component. Using Exalted Soul and Beacon of Ytar maybe. But I dont feel like i get spirit back even using the dual generators on my current build.

Im not too concerned about it I can clear T4, probably will just blast through Act 5 on a low diff so i can unlock adventure mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom