• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

God, that puts every hellfire ring I ever crafted to shame. I am incredibly jealous.

If it's any consolation every other hellfire ring I've rolled since they introduced them has been garbage except for the last two I crafted a couple of days ago that were only okay.

Also the 70 rings will probably still dump on this anyway so eh. Unless I can re-roll the life regen into IAS or Vit/AR, then in that case it'll still be solid. Seeing mixed reports about re-rolling post 2.0 hellfire rings.

RS4-

jJmM5H4.jpg

:eek:

dengatron

all you guys getting crit hit damage on hellfire rings. i thought my roll was sweet with a damage range, strength, %life, and crit chance. i'd be super jealous if i wasn't going to replace this in a week

ZenaxPure

If it's any consolation every other hellfire ring I've rolled since they introduced them has been garbage except for the last two I crafted a couple of days ago that were only okay.

I dunno man, I crafted about 10 rings over the course of my career and this is the best one I ever got.

2NWlVhM.jpg

FML ; ; 19 RESIST, WHYYYYY

Cipherr

Whats the organ drop chances per torment level now? Anyone know them? Gonna probably quickly chew through the 9 or so machines I have tonight since they are worthless.

AEREC

To be fair the small-scale dialogue tends to be utterly fantastic. Like the stuff between your followers or townspeople, etc. Its only stuff related to the main plot itself that seems to be ass.

My theory is that there is a group of relatively competent writers at Blizzard. But Metzen is the creative director. He is blizzard's very own George Lucas. He was good when he had other people around him to bounce ideas off of. But now hes so high up that no one is willing to say no to his bad ideas. Thus we get the plot of SC2, D3, MoP, etc. which still has good writing, just not from the main plot itself.

At least thats how I try and rationalize the quality disparity from their late 90s games compared to now.

Agree with this 100%. I like the player character and npc/follower conversations...but the story dialog is horrible and not even in a "so bad it's good" way.

Thanks for the runs, Herp. I didn't get any keys, but that's basically my key hunting luck, haha.

And thanks to Karma for the Infernal Machine runs. Again, typical luck for me when nothing drops. RoS in less than 4 hours!

After you left, I got one more act 3 key and then got 1 act one key.

Then went 3 for 3 on the crafting mats for the HF ring. So I have a ring ready for my crusader.

Ltl3hmtOAbvb

Let me know if you want to run more later I'm waiting for my physical CE from Amazon. So no RoS until tomorrow for me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Do you guys plan on doing the new act by yourself or do you plan on co-op'ing? Also what difficulty do you guys plan on going into it?

I am playing through the entirety of Act V solo for the first time, and slowly too in order to enjoy it thoroughly. After that it's Adventure Mode Time!!! Interposed with some crusader leveling of course.

wsippel

Banned
First impression: The expansion is awesome. Westmarch looks great, feels a lot more cohesive and natural, tons of events everywhere, varied environments - even the dialogue seems better and more interesting so far. It's kinda strange that yellow level 61 loot tends to completely wipe the floor with my legendary level 60 stuff, but that was to be expected I guess. All in all, after two hours and very little progress in the campaign, I'm happy and impressed.

I'll go to bed now, but I can't wait to get back - just need a few hours of sleep and a cup of coffee or twelve.

RS4-

I am playing through the entirety of Act V solo for the first time, and slowly too in order to enjoy it thoroughly. After that it's Adventure Mode Time!!! Interposed with some crusader leveling of course.

I think I'll do the same, solo then adventure to work on my monk and drops. I don't know when I'll get around to using Crusader; I just don't want to deal with the campaign again.

And yeah, I got really lucky on that ring, it was my first. The other two (dex and int) were average.

How fast is the levelling in Act 5? Are you playing on Torment 1? Can you report when you have completed Act 5? Which difficulty mode and what level did your character end at?

so I have a question. My buddy just bought the digital version of base D3. Can he use my DVD and patch form there or should he just DL the entire game?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
How fast is the levelling in Act 5? Are you playing on Torment 1? Can you report when you have completed Act 5? Which difficulty mode and what level did your character end at?

Ah shit I'm not actually playing YET, I'm in USA so it doesn't unlock for 3 hours. I won't actually get to play until tomorrow night after work. I was just stating what I will be doing tomorrow night, lol!

Torment1 is ridicolo itsly fast exp...
Started playing @00:30, going to sleep Now and i'm almost 67

Kiru

My Level 60 Hardcore Wiz died today. :(
I was collecting achievements in Act IV T1 and suddenly encountered a nasty elite group. 900k toughness didn't help with all those effects and lags due to the crappy laptop I use right now... Should have waited until I get my gaming rig...

KuroNeeko

Anyone have opinions on the current state of the witch doctor?

I find him frustrating, as you pretty much have nothing except AOE. And Firebats seems to be the best skill for just doing damage by a good amount.

Poison darts are usually on my left click, but there is little point to using them the majority of the time.

WD has a lot of fun looking skills. But most of them seem almost useless when i can just spam firebats all day...

Here you go, mayne!

"Many said training exploding toads was impossible, but Rhen'ho only laughed. He then proceeded to teach the toads how to explode twice, for he truly believed that one needs only to see the impossible clearly in one's mind to make it real." —Minacal of the Tribe of the Hidden Valley

Why is the V-Sync so horrible in this game? I have to run in Fullscreen Windowed to get adaptive sync from the nvidia control panel to even register. Fullscreen Windowed is not nearly as stable, but I fucking hate the constant tearing!! I run at 120 fps (120hz) with almost zero dips, yet this game screen tears all the time. Garbage AA and garbage v sync. Thank god for sweet fx and nvidia adaptive sync.

Edit: Looks like it is a bug with 120hz in the 2.0.2 and higher patches. Ugh, back to a plebeian 60hz it is.

Sanctuary

Warglaives of Azzinoth are my favorite. Logged out with them on my last day of playing WoW.

I only ever got the main hand. On one of our alt runs, the freaking offhand dropped. Yeah, those were really sharp too, but the TF just had that really epic looking aesthetic. Plus the particle effects just put it over the top. It almost looked like it would feel at home in the hands of a Protoss too.

Why is the V-Sync so horrible in this game? I have to run in Fullscreen Windowed to get adaptive sync from the nvidia control panel to even register. Fullscreen Windowed is not nearly as stable, but I fucking hate the constant tearing!! I run at 120 fps (120hz) with almost zero dips, yet this game screen tears all the time. Garbage AA and garbage v sync. Thank god for sweet fx and nvidia adaptive sync.

Edit: Looks like it is a bug with 120hz in the 2.0.2 and higher patches. Ugh, back to a plebeian 60hz it is.

Try disabling v-sync in game, then use the framerate limit slider.

akileese

Anyone else getting an error when trying to buy digital where it tells you that you're suspended but you're not? If so does anyone know a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom