• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard's way of preparing for next expansion...
- increase max level to 80
- add another class
- increase player count to 6

Will never happen, the game was designed from the ground for 4 players and visual clutter is already too much with 4 players and it would need a patch way bigger than 2.0

I'd rather have extra stash tab. I miss not having any stash issues like in PoE.

Wasn't D3 the best selling PC game of all time? How many units did it sell? What's the estimate sales of ROS?

Fairly certain one of the Sims games is the best selling title. Probably the first one.

Voror

I confess I'm unsure whether to wait for the PS4 version which will have this on it or get the PS3 version and import.

Of course the console versions haven't received the update for the loot have they?

Apologies if this is a bad place to ask this sort of thing.

Will never happen, the game was designed from the ground for 4 players and visual clutter is already too much with 4 players and it would need a patch way bigger than 2.0

I recall I couldn't see shit in D2 8 players, especially with 8 sorceress.....but hey, it was still fun as heck. Clutter? Just bring it!

Try again when you have the full game installed. If your connection is slow, the game will disconnect while attempting to download and get the assests needed for it to work.

50% sounds like you're in the "playable" zone, you shouldn't really play before the green one
That doesn't make sense. The disconnections were always random, not like they were in the same place. Why would it not have all the assets for the tiny starting area in Act 1? I know it skipped over the 1080p cutscenes, which bloat the size big-time. It stopped downloading when I played it so your theory sounds unlikely.

Dahbomb

I was running a dual generator build + stun bell with sweeping wind(cyclone)

I have been using WotF(Single Target one), Mantra(Damage taken by enemies boosting one) for a while. I can perpetually stun enemies it just falls apart wwhen i fight frozen affix.
This build is fine. I would just add in Exploding Palm somewhere because it's like the best move in the game. The Cylcone Strike move is just there to set up good EP, I play without Cyclone Strike and it works out... enemies naturally swarm around you anyway.

Inner Sanctuary is excellent because it gives you a lot of reduced damage and increases damage against enemies inside the circle. It's exceptional at high Torment levels. You basically pop one down when you are about to fight an Elite. This is also where Cyclone Strike comes in handy, you Cyclone strike in, Inner Sanctuary, EP some targets and just go to town.

Dashing Strike just has insane utility. It allows you to avoid stuff like Frozen explosions, get out of bad spots, position yourself better and moves you from mob to mob for more efficient runs. There is no reason not to have this skill IMO... only time I wouldn't run it would be in a Tempest Rush build where you are running around it top speed killing stuff anyway.

Instro

I recall I couldn't see shit in D2 8 players, especially with 8 sorceress.....but hey, it was still fun as heck. Clutter? Just bring it!

I didn't find it very fun tbh, but rather than shoehorn current content for 8 players, maybe they could create a specific mode or make it work in adventure mode.

can anyone that has a physical copy let me know what is in the box? is there another note pad?

lol I am really tempted to go Digital but you know..

reasons.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So.... Has there been any blue confirmation about getting a refund on a digital purchase after activating a physical CE? I seem to remember something similar before?

this.... is not a thing.

it's been this way since MoP. If you get the CE, you have to wait to enter the code. If you don't wait and get the digital copy first, and then enter the CE code, it "upgrades" your account to the CE account.

If you really don't want to pay twice, I would sell your CE and just rebuy it used being you'll already be at RoS. Only difference would be if you got the standard edition digital, you wouldn't have the Deluxe goodies.. but still might be better than paying effectively $120 for the CE.

other option is the Blizzard expansion CEs usually stick around for a while and get chopped in price for a bit. Cataclysm, MoP, and HotS were all able to be picked up for like $40-60 on sale within like 6-10 months of release. Only seems anymore that the proper games' CEs themselves for Blizz that seem to sell out and climb up to crazy prices.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished act 5 and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic, it was so good it makes all other acts look like unfinished rubbish. I am honestly so impressed right now.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just finished act 5 and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic, it was so good it makes all other acts look like unfinished rubbish. I am honestly so impressed right now.

How could you have finished Act V already? Was the beta more than just the first section or something? If it was, Blizzard needs to charge less for this.

I'm on there right now and all I have is Act IV and I can't even give the Crusader a name. He's blocked at the moment.

Island

this.... is not a thing.

it's been this way since MoP. If you get the CE, you have to wait to enter the code. If you don't wait and get the digital copy first, and then enter the CE code, it "upgrades" your account to the CE account.

If you really don't want to pay twice, I would sell your CE and just rebuy it used being you'll already be at RoS. Only difference would be if you got the standard edition digital, you wouldn't have the Deluxe goodies.. but still might be better than paying effectively $120 for the CE.

other option is the Blizzard expansion CEs usually stick around for a while and get chopped in price for a bit. Cataclysm, MoP, and HotS were all able to be picked up for like $40-60 on sale within like 6-10 months of release. Only seems anymore that the proper games' CEs themselves for Blizz that seem to sell out and climb up to crazy prices.

They did something similar with D3 where the extra key was refunded back as a gift copy. It doesn't matter cuz I am going to pay 40 anyways so I can play that much earlier. (I have no self control lol)

Robin64

Act V took me 3 hours (lots of back and forth between town and outside, plus exploring bonus locations of which there are a LOT) and got me from 60 to 68. That was mostly on Expert but dropped to Hard just at the end.

Skab

How could you have finished Act V already? Was the beta more than just the first section or something? If it was, Blizzard needs to charge less for this.

I'm on there right now and all I have is Act IV and I can't even give the Crusader a name. He's blocked at the moment.

Games not out yet in your region. And the Beta was everything but the final boss. Why the hell would they charge less for it? The amount of people who got into the beta was small.

Cipherr

If you are buying the expansion for the sole purpose of the Act 5 story you are a weird one indeed. That is absolutely not where the value lies. The final act will be a few hours of nonsense to get out of the way before you can start the actual end game at 70.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Games not out yet in your region. And the Beta was everything but the final boss. Why the hell would they charge less for it? The amount of people who got into the beta was small.

I don't know. They streamed to like 40k people online for months. You pay full price for games that others are playing except the final boss? Sounds stupid. But I guess it's coming out sooner or later here anyway. Can't just release a product all at the same time.

Everyone on my Battle.net friend's list have not been on in over a year. You got to send a shout out saying they changed the game.

Skab

Wait so is Torment being locked till 70 actually a thing?

And what happens if I go make a torment game right now and wait?

Teknoman

Bleh i've gotta wait for my physical copy. But I guess by the time I get home tomorrow, the network stuff will have calmed down.

Corsick

So is it viable (albeit boring) to just crank up the difficulty on a new character, go do the most efficient run possible in act one until max level and then use your guaranteed legendary drops for all five acts to maximize the quality of the items?

Cipherr

Anyone else have awesome socketed + Lifesteal + crit damage pre 2.0 weapons and mourning having to lose them as we level?

Damn Im loving my 2 1 handers, gonna suck losing that sustain as I level. RIP in pieces lifesteal.

BigDug13

So is it viable (albeit boring) to just crank up the difficulty on a new character, go do the most efficient run possible in act one until max level and then use your guaranteed legendary drops for all five acts to maximize the quality of the items?

Sounds like a really boring way to cheat the system for a handful of legendaries.

Xamdou

Anyone else have awesome socketed + Lifesteal + crit damage pre 2.0 weapons and mourning having to lose them as we level?

Damn Im loving my 2 1 handers, gonna suck losing that sustain as I level. RIP in pieces lifesteal.

Yea going to miss my life steal 1 handed weps... made tanking so much easier. Life per hit don't do shiet since we get so much more hp off the newer gear.

But having all four mantras at once thanks to the four piece Inna set bonus is pretty awesome.

Ashodin

Malthael Comin FOR U

6F8OVks.gif

pahamrick

Pre-RoS you only got a guaranteed legendary from Diablo at 60. The other end act bosses were guaranteed legendary at 59 and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom