• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I kinda want to play.
But I know it'll be better and cheaper later. Just wanna dive into some new game systems :[

JSoup

Banned
Malthael Comin FOR U

6F8OVks.gif

What the hell is this from? Aside from RoS.
Looks nice.

Fularu

Banned
That doesn't make sense. The disconnections were always random, not like they were in the same place. Why would it not have all the assets for the tiny starting area in Act 1? I know it skipped over the 1080p cutscenes, which bloat the size big-time. It stopped downloading when I played it so your theory sounds unlikely.

It keeps downloading in the background. And no, it doesn't download the first part of Act I first, it doesn't work that way

forrest

formerly nacire
11:22 and my amazon order still hasn't shipped. Nice. Digital got bought earlier, so, I'm not too pissed.

Yeah I said to hell with it and cancelled my Retail CE and got the Digital Deluxe. Honestly, I'd rather use the extra money to put a nice SSD in my rig later this week.

RS4-

This build is fine. I would just add in Exploding Palm somewhere because it's like the best move in the game. The Cylcone Strike move is just there to set up good EP, I play without Cyclone Strike and it works out... enemies naturally swarm around you anyway.

Inner Sanctuary is excellent because it gives you a lot of reduced damage and increases damage against enemies inside the circle. It's exceptional at high Torment levels. You basically pop one down when you are about to fight an Elite. This is also where Cyclone Strike comes in handy, you Cyclone strike in, Inner Sanctuary, EP some targets and just go to town.

Dashing Strike just has insane utility. It allows you to avoid stuff like Frozen explosions, get out of bad spots, position yourself better and moves you from mob to mob for more efficient runs. There is no reason not to have this skill IMO... only time I wouldn't run it would be in a Tempest Rush build where you are running around it top speed killing stuff anyway.

I replace DS with LTK because of the stun that proc's Vaxo; I could use crippling wave, whichever rune does a slight stun instead, but it isn't consistent at all. If I need quick hp, I just activate MoH - Boon for the shield and slight LoH; granted it isn't enough vs elites on t4 and up. Get's a little messy.

Almost go time fellas. I've been logged in since 9PM EST as they said it'd just roll over to RoS once 12am hits and I'll be damned to get stuck in a queue or anything.

Arkanius

Did the thread just drop dead when the servers opened?
God, love Crusader. Using shield and two handed hammer right now, with the Passive to give me 30% damage reduction when I have enemies around me.

Do you guys play Crusader as a medium ranged or as a melee?

Did the thread just drop dead when the servers opened?
God, love Crusader. Using shield and two handed hammer right now, with the Passive to give me 30% damage reduction when I have enemies around me.

Do you guys play Crusader as a medium ranged or as a melee?

A lot of us are still waiting for it to go live :)

Teknoman

Man using a 2h weapon in one hand and having a shield is going to be nuts.

So whats the downside of that? Not being able to have another passive in that slot, or is it a reduction in 2h weapon damage?

People in the lobby I'm in talking about speedrunning through Act V in 30 mins so they can get past the 'shit story crap' and get right to Adventure Mode.

Tens of thousands of dollars (if not a few mill) spent on voice acting, modelling, CG, etc - and people want to skip right past it all so they can go grind. Gotta love it.

Man using a 2h weapon in one hand and having a shield is going to be nuts.

So whats the downside of that? Not being able to have another passive in that slot, or is it a reduction in 2h weapon damage?

The downside is the passive has a mov speed penalty. Not really a big deal IMO. But it lowers the cap so you can't over compensate by getting more on other gear.

br3wnor

So I just beat Diablo and my game went back to Act I. Should I load up the last checkpoint of Act 4 or do you think there will be an option to start at Act 5 since I already beat it

So I just beat Diablo and my game went back to Act I. Should I load up the last checkpoint of Act 4 or do you think there will be an option to start at Act 5 since I already beat it

You will get the option to select the first quest in act 5 when it goes live.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

dont worry, you'll be able to hop into act 5 right away

taoofjord

People in the lobby I'm in talking about speedrunning through Act V in 30 mins so they can get past the 'shit story crap' and get right to Adventure Mode.

Tens of thousands of dollars (if not a few mill) spent on voice acting, modelling, CG, etc - and people want to skip right past it all so they can go grind. Gotta love it.

Usually this would bother me but this is an expansion to Diablo 3 we're talking about. And Diablo 3's story was TERRIBLE. I'm surprised anyone here on GAF is excited for it considering how much hate it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom