• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

You don't really need to know anything about Digimon past the standard evolution system. Although you need to de-digivolve digimo to raise their max level and digivolve them back which is unique to digimon story games I guess.

The Ps4 version runs much smoother & has faster load times but hat's it, the vita version runs perfectly fine and is great for playing whenever you want (I have both). If i could recommend one I'd say the PS4, but that's just personal preference(& the smoother framerate) & me not using my vita for a month or two now.

Thanks mate, that helps... I am now leaning toward Vita since i find i complete RPGs about 50% faster on handhelds nowadays due to the playing anywhere and quick start up again factor. If the frame rate is not too bad i will grab it!

Yep, but I only saw the first two seasons. I still remember when Wargreymon appeared, it was like seeing Goku transform into super sayayin for the first time. Now imagine that scene where Wargreymon defeated MetalSeadramon, but instead of a MetalSeadramon it was a Seadramon, or even worst, a Gekkomon. That's the feeling I am getting with the new Digimons. I think Digimon World for the PSOne did it great!
Well the OP rookies are OP for a reason.
If youre comparing a lvl 99 mon to a lvl 1mon thats just the battle experience talking, which is realistic in a way.

Also in dw1(my favourite goat) you could get a rookie to beat an ultimate if you abused your digimon in various ways in that as well. Also check out the fan translation of re digitized the spiritual successor of dw1 and digimon next order which is a direct sequel to dw1 & the latest game.

My point is its not really so broken, the worst part of this is the translation, balancing should be better in future releases, this is a vita game ported to ps4 with essentially minimal changes.

UCBooties

I grabbed the Vita version a few weeks ago and I've been having a great time. Did the PS4 version come with the pre-order mon and theme code packed in or was it a digital code only? I'm thinking about getting the PS4 version for cross play and would love to get the theme as well.

Every time i see this thread get bumped it makes me wanna continue towards the platinum. finished the game already and have basically got every trophy except the colliseum and medal ones since that seemed like a serious grind that i couldnt be bothered to do (The medals at least).

I grabbed the Vita version a few weeks ago and I've been having a great time. Did the PS4 version come with the pre-order mon and theme code packed in or was it a digital code only? I'm thinking about getting the PS4 version for cross play and would love to get the theme as well.
In NA the themes where only for those that pre-ordered digitally (I still check the PS Store from time to time to see if they become available to purchase but no luck yet T_T). I have the physical version from Amazon and the DLC codes for the digimon where sent via email. So if you're buying late I don't think you'll get either of the pre-order codes, sorry.

UCBooties

In NA the themes where only for those that pre-ordered digitally (I still check the PS Store from time to time to see if they become available to purchase but no luck yet T_T). I have the physical version from Amazon and the DLC codes for the digimon where sent via email. So if you're buying late I don't think you'll get either of the pre-order codes, sorry.

I thought as much, thanks for answering! I'm having a great time with the game, now I just won't waste any time trying to find a first run PS4 copy.

Well crap i just noticed the game isn't even out as physical version for Vita in EU :(

I am assuming at this point, it's probably not gonna happen right?

The asian (not japanese) physical copy is in english and is basically the eu version of the game (eu dlc is compatible), it even has the same region/game number (cant remember the official name. Thats the cloest you will get.

Every time i see this thread get bumped it makes me wanna continue towards the platinum. finished the game already and have basically got every trophy except the colliseum and medal ones since that seemed like a serious grind that i couldnt be bothered to do (The medals at least).
Same,havent finished either trophy T_T.

Yep, but I only saw the first two seasons. I still remember when Wargreymon appeared, it was like seeing Goku transform into super sayayin for the first time. Now imagine that scene where Wargreymon defeated MetalSeadramon, but instead of a MetalSeadramon it was a Seadramon, or even worst, a Gekkomon. That's the feeling I am getting with the new Digimons. I think Digimon World for the PSOne did it great!

Season 3 is really special. It was the first time it seemed like they had a budget. Nice animation and a total tonal shift. Season 4 was alright. I didn't like the removal of partners in lieu of Digi Armor for the Tamers, but I remember finding the Cherubmon and God Digi stuff fascinating at a younger age.

I always wanted there to be a cool center to all the various digital worlds. I think they paid up on that eventually, but it was after I lost some interest in watching new seasons. How are the seasons post-Season 4?

The asian (not japanese) physical copy is in english and is basically the eu version of the game (eu dlc is compatible), it even has the same region/game number (cant remember the official name. Thats the cloest you will get.

Same,havent finished either trophy T_T.

Yeah i noticed just now... i guess i could always order it on Play-Asia then. Thing is, it's pretty expensive still, will the price drop later or is it more likely to become a rare item and go up in price?

Also i would not be supporting further localisations to the West with such a move hmm...

Yeah i noticed just now... i guess i could always order it on Play-Asia then. Thing is, it's pretty expensive still, will the price drop later or is it more likely to become a rare item and go up in price?

Also i would not be supporting further localisations to the West with such a move hmm...
Play Asia is normally over priced, this has already risen in price. EBay + amazon prices are normally similar to play Asia, you'll get hit with import charges with play Asia most likely so you need to take that into consideration.

They weren't expecting it to be such a huge hit so the non physical vita makes sense. This thing was oos everywhere for the first few weeks on ps4.

Faenix1

K. How they did the Day One edition is stupid. And sellers listing they have the day one edition suck.

Codes should of been in the box for the first print run, and if you dont have any codes you shouldnt list it as a day one edition! Grrr

I just wanted a blackwargreymon :(

Cancelled my order and will wait for it to be $30-ish, unless they throw up the DLC to purchase then I'll buy it sooner.

Whizkid7

So I'm trying to finish up this game before SO5 comes out next week, I'm on Chapter 19 and what the hell is this boss.

Talking about whatever the fuck Sanada turns into. Okay, it's an Eater, I get that but jesus christ the thing can buff itself with nearly every attack outside of a basic one and does tons of damage with that friggin AOE! How am I supposed to hurt him when I have to spend most of my time keeping my piercer alive?!

I think I'm still on Hard, too. I don't want to have to drop it to Normal since I've played the whole game this way, but man...I don't wanna bash my head against this guy forever.

Unknown?

So I'm loving this game! It starts off slow but still is interesting enough to keep you playing. I'm now on CH 15 and it has really picked up to where I don't want to put it down! I finally have Metal Garurumon and War Greymon, my favorites.

Any suggestions for improving stats? Is the farm the only way to improve stats quickly?

Qurupeke

So I'm loving this game! It starts off slow but still is interesting enough to keep you playing. I'm now on CH 15 and it has really picked up to where I don't want to put it down! I finally have Metal Garurumon and War Greymon, my favorites.

Any suggestions for improving stats? Is the farm the only way to improve stats quickly?

Make sure that you have Abi 100 before using the farm.

tensuke

So I'm trying to finish up this game before SO5 comes out next week, I'm on Chapter 19 and what the hell is this boss.

Talking about whatever the fuck Sanada turns into. Okay, it's an Eater, I get that but jesus christ the thing can buff itself with nearly every attack outside of a basic one and does tons of damage with that friggin AOE! How am I supposed to hurt him when I have to spend most of my time keeping my piercer alive?!

I think I'm still on Hard, too. I don't want to have to drop it to Normal since I've played the whole game this way, but man...I don't wanna bash my head against this guy forever.
Don't remember my specific team at that point but late-game I was sticking to Ulforceveedramon (to go first), Mastemon (to heal and buff, plus chaos degradation was a monster), and Wargreymon/Belphemon RM/Chaosmon most of the time (yeah I looked in the gamefaqs guide for some boss help :p). Generally, I'd atk buff wargreymon, have him use acceleration boost, then great tornado. Using safety guard on everyone to keep them alive, wargreymon was my biggest hitter with that combo. Belphemon and Chaosmon in case I needed their types.

RalchAC

Lilithmon and WarGreymon / BlackWarGreymon were my best friends when it came to fighting against Eaters.

Or anything, really. Piercing attacks are quite broken if my memory serves me right.

Having a unit with status barrier in order to avoid status effect can be a good idea.

Sakuyamon special attack erased enemy buffs. She is awesome IMO.

Whizkid7

Don't remember my specific team at that point but late-game I was sticking to Ulforceveedramon (to go first), Mastemon (to heal and buff, plus chaos degradation was a monster), and Wargreymon/Belphemon RM/Chaosmon most of the time (yeah I looked in the gamefaqs guide for some boss help :p). Generally, I'd atk buff wargreymon, have him use acceleration boost, then great tornado. Using safety guard on everyone to keep them alive, wargreymon was my biggest hitter with that combo. Belphemon and Chaosmon in case I needed their types.

That's honestly not far off from my current setup, only I don't have Ulforceveedramon. Every time Mastemon's turn came up I was always unsure whether to try the special attack or buff someone, and since his AOE was doing like 80% of their health each time I couldn't get Safety Guard up nearly often enough.

Maybe I'll give Mastemon/Wargreymon/Blackwargreymon a try. Two piercers is probably better than one.

Whizkid7

Yup, done trying Hard anymore. I managed to clear CH 19 and started doing the sidequests and NOPE. Sidequest bosses getting 10+ turns before I can even go unless I use a specific Digimon to go first is the kind of limiting I don't like. Switching to normal until I go back to the story.

chiliboy

I've read that ABI affects how much bonus stats you can put into your digimon - but if a digimon has 100 abi - will it get higher stats through leveling or is it just for digifarm bonus stats?

SMK

You definitely want a pocket MarineAngemon for healing the harder stuff.

I've read that ABI affects how much bonus stats you can put into your digimon - but if a digimon has 100 abi - will it get higher stats through leveling or is it just for digifarm bonus stats?

Digifarm bonus stats. Stats from leveling is set in stone.

Finally got the Plat 20 hours after beating the game.

Grats \o/

Yup, done trying Hard anymore. I managed to clear CH 19 and started doing the sidequests and NOPE. Sidequest bosses getting 10+ turns before I can even go unless I use a specific Digimon to go first is the kind of limiting I don't like. Switching to normal until I go back to the story.

Hard mode is broken. I found it funner to just have a team which was underlevelled or barely levelled, that way there was at least some challenge.

Whizkid7

Hard mode is broken. I found it funner to just have a team which was underlevelled or barely levelled, that way there was at least some challenge.

I just wanna be able to have a team of my favorites without being forced to run UlforceVeedramon everywhere just to stand a chance. Seems like Normal is the only place I can do that.

Down to five medals left for that platinum. Been relying entirely on cases though. Would it be better to try to find them as item drops instead?
That's what i did. Two Black King Numemon with the increased item drop USB on them. Unforced Veedramon with the Ninja USB.
Go to where the medal can drop, force start a battle with a hacker skill, run instantly if it's not what you want.
Took me about 2 hours last night to wrap up the last 16 medals I needed.

That's what i did. Two Black King Numemon with the increased item drop USB on them. Unforced Veedramon with the Ninja USB.
Go to where the medal can drop, force start a battle with a hacker skill, run instantly if it's not what you want.
Took me about 2 hours last night to wrap up the last 16 medals I needed.

Yeah, just use the cases for the exclusive medals like Black Agumon.

Thank you two very much. Got the last 4/5 in around half an hour, then took another half hour on just Plesiomon. Feels really damn good to Plat a good Digimon game.

(also pretty good celebratory shot with BlackWarGreymon)
Cl_6NsmWYAElSv1.jpg
Cl_6OL_WkAA7izG.jpg

I have no memory of ordering this and know nothing about it - what am I in for here?

Pleasantly surprised to see mostly positive reactions and that it seems to progressively get better?

I just started on PS4 and noticed, that it has a micro stutter, every second.
I know the vita version runs at 30fps instead of 60, like on PS4, but does the vita version also have the micro stuttering?

OniBaka

I have an australian PSN account, so if I were to import the asian version I can download the DLC without any problems?

I prefer hard copies of RPGs on my vita.

Sealtest

After almost a year I decided I couldn't keep staring at my JP version being at 92% done.

So I put aside everything last weekend and finished collecting all 500 Japanese medals and playing through new game + to get the medals from Victory Uchida I missed the first time. ( I'm playing the JP version on my ENG account so it doesn't have the dlc )

But I can happily say both versions are now platted. Now to work on Next Order.

bOIKFKo.jpg

I have an australian PSN account, so if I were to import the asian version I can download the DLC without any problems?

I prefer hard copies of RPGs on my vita.

The Dlc code that comes with the asian version won't work on Australian PSN (which is the same as EU PSN) , but if you bought the game digitally previously via EU PSN , then yes that dlc will work with the asian version.

After almost a year I decided I couldn't keep staring at my JP version being at 92% done.

So I put aside everything last weekend and finished collecting all 500 Japanese medals and playing through new game + to get the medals from Victory Uchida I missed the first time. ( I'm playing the JP version on my ENG account so it doesn't have the dlc )

But I can happily say both versions are now platted. Now to work on Next Order.

bOIKFKo.jpg

Grats! I cna't imagine grinding that trophy twice T_T, still haven't done it once. One day...

I just started on PS4 and noticed, that it has a micro stutter, every second.
I know the vita version runs at 30fps instead of 60, like on PS4, but does the vita version also have the micro stuttering?

The random stutering is worse on the vita version , it's not really that noticeable on Ps4 for me personally, defintely didn't notice it happening every second though o_O... Maybe at the start of battles or switching areas.

Will be starting this today. I hear normal is too easy and hard has difficulty spikes? Which should I pick? I have a lot of experience with rpgs and like a challenge but I don't have time to waste with grinding.

Qurupeke

Will be starting this today. I hear normal is too easy and hard has difficulty spikes? Which should I pick? I have a lot of experience with rpgs and like a challenge but I don't have time to waste with grinding.

Start with Normal and if you find it too easy you can change to Hard. Hard makes the encounters more satisfying but some boss fights are just unfair, so if you have trouble don't hesitate to change back to Normal for them.

Start with Normal and if you find it too easy you can change to Hard. Hard makes the encounters more satisfying but some boss fights are just unfair, so if you have trouble don't hesitate to change back to Normal for them.

Will do, thanks.
Good thing it can be changed on the fly.

Samstrike

I started on hard difficulty and the boss fights just got really boring. Like every boss was a bullet sponge who hit like a truck. Your only choice was to play defensively and the fights would take forever. Decided to switch to normal mode after a while.

Top Bottom