• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

abrack08

Currently downloading the borked Vita firmware 3.57 so I can grab this tomorrow. Wish the store was updating tonight...

Is there like an alternative Bank or Bench that you can use for excess monsters? I could imagine the spaces getting a bit stuffed when trying to Digivolve multiple Digimon in one session or so.

Bancho as fuck!

L95 is right, all excess Digimon can be put into the DigiBank or DigiFarm.

Croc

Banned
I'm so hyped for this. I actually made sure this would get shipped to me on Thursday instead of Tuesday or Wednesday because I know if I got it then I wouldn't get any school work done.

I'm probably not gonna stop playing all weekend though :D

Ken

Nostalgia time go!

12657348_10153150733421841_8610709565805508111_o.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
Oh god I'm so excited to play this. Picking my trio of digimon will be hard :(

I either want Terriermon, Veemon And Gabumon or replace Terriermon with Agumon.

Zekes!

Definitely interested in checking this out. Loved Digimon as kid, though I never played any of the games. I also need a good standard JRPG.

Only downside is that the shitty Canadian dollar is forcing me until later in the year to pick this up.

Fou-Lu

Who are the 'starter' digimon? And do you choose? Or get them from answering questions Digimon World style?

Got my memory card freed up enough for the release. Now I just gotta make it through ten hours of work before I can play tomorrow night!
I've missed quality localized Digimon games so much.
Who are the 'starter' digimon? And do you choose? Or get them from answering questions Digimon World style?
They're on the cover of the box as well as the header of this very OT. :p
Hagurumon, Terriermon, and Palmon.

Reishiki

Banned
I kinda liked Frontier, so while it's a shame that we won't see any of the Hybrid types, it's nice to see the Celestial Trio, Lucemon (even if he's missing his best mode) and the Royal Knights duo from that series. Heck, nice to see all of the Royal Knights in the same game.

cwistofu

Going with Vita because it's $20 cheaper and I'm always looking for more things to throw onto my Vita and never play.

Yu Narukami

Anybody else ordered from amazon.de? I wonder why the hell do they send the game on Saturday when the release date is on Friday? Normally they send one day before release day.

cheesekao

Ugh. Just got Trails of Cold Steel a few days ago and I can't start this game until I finish it. Hope that game isn't too long.

Ledbetter

I suppose if the max percentage to befriend a Digimon is 200%, it will be less % given every time you meet one, otherwise it will be fairly easy to get good stats.

At least the days of being all day to get 999% in Digimon World DS are over.

I honestly thought the male protagonist was female.

Also, I'll be waiting a while until my Asian with English edition arrives from Play Asia.

Ken

Post impressions

I hit chapter 2 and got coffee beans. Preface my impressions by saying I'm coming in 99% blind with the 1% just knowing the character designer. Also not sure what makes for interesting impressions given tons of people already have played the JP version. Game seems ok although kind of slow start, and presentation hasn't been too hot with character animations and textures. It's also not full screen? It has black borders all around the screen I guess. Translations seem ok though there's a "totes adorbs" line in the prologue lol. Looking forward to digging into it more later.

I wish the protag or Nokia had different hair colors though; they could pass as family. D:

Can't wait for this the hype from this thread and having never played a digimon game before and loving JRPGs makes me excited. Hopefully it's up soon on the store. Any reviews out?

Top Bottom