• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Toad.T

Banned
Is there no PSN store webpage for the PS4 version? I can't seem to find it, and it's odd that it wouldn't even have a hype page with trailers and the like.

Stuart444

Can you have
Examon
in your party?
Guess i'll start with three Angewomon

I believe so yeah. Once you beat each RK later in the game, you can then Digivolve into them. (one of the conditions involves beating their respective RK ie Examon or Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode, etc)

NotEasy

I believe so yeah. Once you beat each RK later in the game, you can then Digivolve into them. (one of the conditions involves beating their respective RK ie Examon or Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode, etc)
Thanks for the explanation,i'm looking forward for the game.

Stuart444

Thanks for the explanation,i'm looking forward for the game.

No problem. For reference, in game you can go to the Digivolution screen and look at the conditions needed to Digivolve to your next level. (ie Agumon will have different conditions to become Greymon, Shinegreymon, etc) All checkable in the DigiLab :).

Some of course have more than just stat conditions such as having to own the Digimental of Courage (Veemon -> Flamedramon).

Hope you enjoy it :)

Just a note if you are one of the many people including myself who cannot access the PS Store on Vita after the new update you should hopefully be able to purchase from the PS Store on your PC/Phone and then have it download to your Vita.

Beartruck

I don't recognize a lot of these digimon. As someone who just watched seasons 1-3, any of the other seasons worth watching?

Powwa

Pre-ordered Asian-English Vita copy a while ago. May consider buying the digital EU release once it goes on discount as well.

And no love for Gabumon in this thread, makes me sad.

Stuart444

I don't recognize a lot of these digimon. As someone who just watched seasons 1-3, any of the other seasons worth watching?

4 (frontier) is alright, not the best but not the worst. 5 (Savers) is great and basically people who like 5 will probably like the CS story, people who like the CS story will probably like Savers. They are rather similar from a story concept point of view I'd say.

Xros wars (Season 6) bored me so eh. Check it out and decide for yourself but I can't personally recommend it.

Mr-Joker

Banned

The Japanese version of Digimon Saver and Xros Wars are pretty good.

I am a little wary of recommending Frontier as it has a slow start, gets good in the middle and then completely falls apart at the end when they shaft the other kids in favour of Takuya and Kouji. Plus the lack of Digimon partner tends to put some people off.

Stuart444

Oh yeah, I like (from the eps I've seen) the English dub of Savers (Data Squad) but I would HIGHLY recommend watching the Japanese version. The music really helps it.

<3 Believer (insert) and Hirari (Opening 2)

IzzyF3

I thought Frontiers was so bad. The idea of humans digivolving or whatever was pretty stupid, IMO. I only watched the first 10 episodes though.

Kinsei

Banned

While nothing is as good as Tamers (Season 3) I think Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars, and Adventure Tri are worth watching. I have not seen Young Hunters so I can't comment on that.

While nothing is as good as Tamers (Season 3) I think Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars, and Adventure Tri are worth watching. I have not seen Young Hunters so I can't comment on that.

Hunters is hot garbage.

I'd generally agree with the rest of your assessments. Frontier and Xros Wars are both flawed, but quite interesting. You have to get past them being so different, but if you can they're pretty enjoyable. Xros Wars also suffers from a slow start, but gets really good. And Savers is just wonderful.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh yeah, I like (from the eps I've seen) the English dub of Savers (Data Squad) but I would HIGHLY recommend watching the Japanese version. The music really helps it.

<3 Believer (insert) and Hirari (Opening 2)

Agreed the Japanese version is much better over the dub.

For example compare the Japanese version of Shine Greymon triggering Bust mode for the first time. You can feel the energy and the sense of epicness.

Now the dub tries to mimic it but doesn't quite hits that high note that the original version had.

I thought Frontiers was so bad. The idea of humans digivolving or whatever was pretty stupid, IMO. I only watched the first 10 episodes though.

I was the same as well but I push through that got to the middle arc where the show started to get darker, in fact I still maintain that episode 28 was a great episode as
we see Takuya crying as he felt helpless and thought that he was going to die.

The show only starts to fall apart when Cherubimon arc is over and it begins to shift towards becoming the Takuya and Kouji show rendering the other kids useless.

I'm teetering on the edge of ordering this, but I just don't know. I really don't want another grindfest after being somewhat exhausted by Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The video(s) I watched of the game just seemed insane with the random encounters. Like every few steps. Is it that bad?

Hmm, the girl is cute as heck, but I've been playing so many female mains lately. I may go boy just to put a chink in it. Plus, I could easily see a male character appreciating the company of fine ladies like Nokia and Kyoko~

From what I understand (spoiler tags, but nothing major just out of precaution)
The dialogue between the two is identical so any flirt lines between the male mc and the female characters also holds for the female mc. So she appreciates the company of them fine ladies as well.

Ken

Hmm, the girl is cute as heck, but I've been playing so many female mains lately. I may go boy just to put a chink in it. Plus, I could easily see a male character appreciating the company of fine ladies like Nokia and Kyoko~

yuri tho

Hard

Banned
Hmmm. I want the Vita version but the lack of a physical release triggers me.

Is there any noticeable performance drop between the two?

Ultimadrago

From what I understand (spoiler tags, but nothing major just out of precaution)
The dialogue between the two is identical so any flirt lines between the male mc and the female characters also holds for the female mc. So she appreciates the company of them fine ladies as well.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. I certainly wasn't saying only the male could like the ladies, but when I engage in romances in-game I choose to be male. (Not that I think there will be any major interactions of that sort, but more of a personal lore).

I didn't forget about it!

Drayco21

The lack of all the 02 armor digivolutions makes me sad.

That's a bummer, but if we were only getting some of them, at least we're able to get Flamedramon.

Is Digmon in the game? Because Flamedramon and Digmon were always my favorite Armor Digivolutions.

Top Bottom