• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Thief for Xbox One edges out the PS4 version

How do you explain all the ps4 recommendations over the past 3 months then? I find it incredibly odd that people ignore the recent past and claim bias when a decision goes against ~their~ console.

That's not a very good counter argument. Those comparisons have almost universally been clear cut winners in PS4's favor. Even if DF is seriously biased in Xbox's favor, they wouldn't pick Xbox in those cases as it would destroy any credibility they had.

Exactly how biased DF is and in what way I can't say (yes, we are all biased, it is an inescapable part of being human, it is just a matter of how much and which ways), but you can't really disprove a pro Xbox bias in this manner (nor can you really prove it with this decision as it is a pretty subjective call).

Did you play from Prologue to Chapter 4 in one sitting or how long would you estimate you were playing previos to that exact cutscene?

One sitting but if the next comment is true then that explains it .......

Actually, you can see plenty of texture loading all over the place during the beginning of the scene (especially on the building to the right). Just not on the flag, which starts with full-res texture from the get-go.

Looks like load priority is slightly different each time...which I seem to recall was true in last gen's UE3 games as well.

I never noticed before. Thanks for pointing that out.

Top Bottom