• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

I like the costume a lot more than I did in the screenshots but I think the blond hair doesn't seem to have the same detail and care that his normal haircut received. It just looks like it doesn't quite properly fit.

Nabs

Isn't it Valve's issue now? I'm surprised too. I would love to play this, let alone install it.

Either Valve forgot to flip a switch, or they were instructed to wait. COD games are like that but in reverse (retail launches at 12est, Steam at 3est). I'm betting it's just a mistake and it'll be fixed soon...ish.

TP

Some menu stuff

i5pBstJAsQ58o.png

11 total

http://minus.com/mw17omZI6b2PV

I'm betting Capcom has to reissue the correct keys to GMG in the end.

Dude, no offense, but it's 2:30am.

Weird, because I can get free full 24/7 on-shore phone support through my little Australian internet service provider, with Australia's astronomical cost of living (high wages) and strict labour laws to boot. I kind of expect similar from Valve.

- J - D -

I decided last minute to pre purchase this on gmg just now to take advantage of the 25% code, and I'm pretty excited but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if there's still problems with the dl or codes or whatever.

I haven't impulse-purchased anything in a while, so lets see how this goes.

I'm betting Capcom has to reissue the correct keys to GMG in the end.

Weird, because I can get free full 24/7 on-shore phone support through my little Australian internet service provider, with Australia's astronomical cost of living (high wages) and strict labour laws to boot. I kind of expect similar from Valve.

That's nice? I'm not sure what your point is. He says he's surprised that Capcom, GMG and Valve haven't said anything about it. None of those folks are currently at work. This issue happening a few hours ago did not retroactively teleport them to their desks and change their business hours.

Dude, no offense, but it's 2:30am.
None taken dude, but it's actually 11:47pm?

My time is more right than your time?

Capcpom USA and Valve are both based on the west coast?

Capcpom has a big game releasing right now and you'd think they'd have at least one person overseeing things right now?

Capcpom's offices in Japan are in regular business hours at the moment?

FGMPR

Banned
That's nice? I'm not sure what your point is. He says he's surprised that Capcom, GMG and Valve haven't said anything about it. None of those folks are currently at work. This issue happening a few hours ago did not retroactively teleport them to their desks and change their business hours.

I think the point he may be making is that Valve should have staff able to fix this stuff around the clock. Surely that isn't too much to ask for from a multi-billion dollar service?

Honestly? My "mom and pop" ISP can do something Valve, apparently, cannot. Steam is a 24 hour service.

Risette

A Good Citizen
shouldn't there be a way to magically wake them up and have a secure way for them to remotely connect from their home computers

almost seems like there should be a system in place for this or something

VertPin

Guess I'm going to sleep soon...school in 6 hours. Will check in three hours to see if its up, install, then may get up to play some.

TP

If you don't like watching company logos every time you start a game go into your steam folder>steamapps>common >DmC>devilgame>movies and delete or rename AMDlogo.bik, Capcom.bik, Ninjatheory.bik, and ue3_logo.bik

Now the game will load straight into the start screen

VertPin

If you don't like watching company logos every time you start a game go into your steam folder>steamapps>common >DmC>devilgame>movies and delete or rename AMDlogo.bik, Capcom.bik, Ninjatheory.bik, and ue3_logo.bik

Now the game will load straight into the start screen

stop teasing us maaaaaaaan.

hodgy100

damn ive got the dodgy keys too D:

atleast im going home this afternoon so i wasn't going to be able to play it over the weekend anyway :p

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Came into work early to play and get this shit. Nooooo!
LLShC.gif

I am not sure if I want to play through with a custom costume or not.. Maybe after the first playthrough. (When I can actually play the bloody game!)

VertPin

Came into work early to play and get this shit. Nooooo!
LLShC.gif

I am not sure if I want to play through with a custom costume or not.. Maybe after the first playthrough. (When I can actually play the bloody game!)

You downloaded it at work? Its late here, sorry for the confusion.

Went on a stretch from fighting the boss
Bob Barbas through the fight with Lilith aka fighting the spawn of Mundus
.......that.was.awesome.

Those two environments/arenas where definitely the visual highlights for me so far, very creative.

including a "bullet time" mechanic thats more than the garden variety "enemies move really really slow while you simply move normally" and expanding on the (casual bane) concept of parrying to the point of absurd artform, understanding the mechanics and making thoughts and actions one is rewarding in a way only a few games can pull off.

dude, play the demo, inform yourself.

jumpdashintodecendingstealthkillintodoublezandatsuinmidair.gif

Isn't it from retail purchases as well? Wouldn't that not be GMG fault?
"across a range of retailers"
edit: OH SHIT OK I WILL TRY

You see, Snapshot? They fixed it in the wee hours of the morning. It's not even 2:30am yet in the time zone where Valve and Capcpom USA are based.

Installing now. Fucking finally.

Top Bottom