• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

BadAss2961

C2D@1.86+4670. Hell, it's below the minimum requirements. :lol But I know not to pay much attention to that anymore.

It has served me well for several years(cpu is 6 years old, gpu is 4), all things considered. But soon enough I'll be replacing it.
Thanks.

While not that old, mine is starting to get up there in age too.

antitrop

Alright. Been following this thread from its inception without knowing really shit about the game.
Finally got this beeeyatch downloaded on Steam and I'm about to jump in. Should be fun.

My only question: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or PS3 SixAxis?

Gbraga

Alright. Been following this thread from its inception without knowing really shit about the game.
Finally got this beeeyatch downloaded on Steam and I'm about to jump in. Should be fun.

My only question: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or PS3 SixAxis?

The one you like the most, this game is not d-pad heavy like DMC4, so it's really about preference. 360 should be better for stance switching and PS3 should be better because of the face buttons.

antitrop

I'm getting 700 fps on the main menu, hahahaha.

230+ maxed out settings in-game engine. They weren't lying.

I wish all PC ports were this good.

Wow, does this game ever scream on PC, jesus christ. I'm also...well. I played the first two missions, and I'm really, really liking it. Much more so than I expected from the demo. I'm genuinely shocked.

antitrop

I just beat the first mission.

The graphics are phenomenal, the frame rate is Godlike, the controls work (no lock on, but it works better than I expected, this was my biggest fear), Donte isn't so bad.

I seriously kind of like Donte. My first impression of this game was very, very strong. Can't wait to play more tonight after I get back from class. I can already tell I'm going to really enjoy this.

Screaming for me as well which I'd expect running on a GTX680 and an i5 2500k running @4.2ghz. I have it locked at 60 but if I unlock it its running at some ungodly 200+ fps. Time to try some downsampling!

antitrop

I'm going to Downsample the fucking shit out of this game tonight. My hardware is comparable to Futurevoid. (GTX 590, i7 2600k@4.8)

This port is so good that with QLOC handling the Resident Evil 6, I might double dip that one even though I don't like the game.

Dahbomb

I'm getting 700 fps on the main menu, hahahaha.

230+ maxed out settings in-game engine. They weren't lying.

I wish all PC ports were this good.
The feel of a thousand frame rates.
I'll soon test this lockon thing, I hope nothing explodes and Tameem doesn't come out of my TV and kill me.
LOLOL...

It's probably something related to the auto lock on. Don't get too tipsy over it.

Gbraga

LOLOL...

It's probably something related to the auto lock on. Don't get too tipsy over it.

I don't know, NTB_NONE is how things look when there's no button attached to it, so when I put Gun Special to L1, Evade 2 is NTB_NONE, so it's a key binding.

And Circle Targets is another option.

EDIT: I don't know if that's old, but Vergil has a Doppleganger Style System:

DOPPELGANGER_HUMAN_MODE = NTB_DPADUP
DOPPELGANGER_ANGEL_MODE = NTB_DPADLEFT
DOPPELGANGER_DEMON_MODE = NTB_DPADRIGHT
DOPPELGANGER_TOGGLE_DELAY = NTB_DPADDOWN

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If they seriously have a lock on system built into the code with no way to enable I will be pissed. It really needs it.

jbueno

PC demo or benchmark not comming? Seriously want to try this at 120 fps, but don´t really want to spend $50 dlls on this yet.

I tend to play PC games but only games that are not available for ps3, I usually run most games on low to medium setting but was wondering if my computer is decent enough to run this game @ 60fps.

are this specs good enough?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

iavi

I tend to play PC games but only games that are not available for ps3, I usually run most games on low to medium setting but was wondering if my computer is decent enough to run this game @ 60fps.

are this specs good enough?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Integrated GPU?

Dahbomb

EDIT: I don't know if that's old, but Vergil has a Doppleganger Style System:

DOPPELGANGER_HUMAN_MODE = NTB_DPADUP
DOPPELGANGER_ANGEL_MODE = NTB_DPADLEFT
DOPPELGANGER_DEMON_MODE = NTB_DPADRIGHT
DOPPELGANGER_TOGGLE_DELAY = NTB_DPADDOWN
This is very interesting. Looks like there's some actual depth to Vergil after all.

I already know what the Delay is for. It's like in DMC3 where you can make the Doppelganger hit after certain delay/intervals making for some varying combos and attacks.

nbthedude

Only played the first level on PC, but so far I really am enjoying this game.

From that first level it feels like NT set out to do what it wanted that is a real "current gen" reboot of DMC. What I mean by that is that I thought DMC 4 was fun but it still felt like a last gen game in a lot of ways. Static boring backgrounds, awkward character animations, boring straight forward presentation, etc. Just in terms of production values alone this game is miles ahead of DMC4. Even the fucking intro credits and the scoring screen are far more impressive and dynamic.

I feel like this game also gets the tone a lot more right too. It always felt to me like the old DMC games were like a Japanese kid trying to recite lines from a Tarentino film but not really understanding the cultural references, the cadence and rhythms. This made the games awkward and funny, but in a way that always struck me as somewhat unintentional. This game, however, comes much closer to nailing the proper tone of that over the top style in a way that no longer feels like a Japanese cover band of AC/DC. It feels straight up AC/DC.

I also love the references to the old games. Opening with the pizza box etc. I actually laughed out loud when
the white wig fell on Dante's head and he looked in the mirror and said "Not in a million years" and ripped it off.
I thought it was a perfect troll of all the purist whiners and also showed a real confidence on NG's part that they have their own vision and they are making the series their own. Good on them; they should make it their own. Look forward to playing more.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I just came back from a meeting, oh why didn't I start the dl before I left the house. 20 min to an hour to go. Jumping from 0.8mbs to 3.8mbs.

Dahbomb

I thought it was a perfect troll of all the purist whiners and also showed a real confidence on NG's part that they have their own vision and they are making the series their own.
The troll is actually on NT themselves when the PC version comes with the white hair costumes already unlocked.

Gbraga

This is very interesting. Looks like there's some actual depth to Vergil after all.

I already know what the Delay is for. It's like in DMC3 where you can make the Doppelganger hit after certain delay/intervals making for some varying combos and attacks.

Nice!

nbthedude

The troll is actually on NT themselves
when the PC version comes with the white hair costumes already unlocked.

I'm not sure how that makes it a troll on them. But it must be weird
playing the game from that costume from the start. Does he just rip if off only to have the same hair underneath?

I actually went in to the costume section before loading up the game and briefly contemplated putting that one on. But then I literally thought to myself, "Nah, let's let them have their own vision and give this Dante a chance the way they intended."

nbthedude

I really, really wish that scene hadn't been spoiled. I still laughed, but I would have died had I not known it was coming.

Yeah, I didn't know anything about it and it actually made me laugh outloud, which is a rare feat for a videogame.

I guess I should probably go back and spoiler that even though it is only in the first level...

iavi

Yeah..

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)
DAC type: Internal
Display Memory: 1760 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB

On low settings/720p for 30fps, maybe. Console settimgs . The port is so optimized it could do that. I wouldn't expect 60fps, though

Seik

Banned
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its done, just bought it on PC. Those pics and impressions got me by the balls.

Fuck you guys.
I love you all so much. :)

nbthedude

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its done, just bought it on PC. Those pics and impressions got me by the balls.

Fuck you guys.
I love you all so much. :)

Hey just think of it this way: it's the best way to yell in Japanese developers ears and tell them to start paying attention to PC ports and make them good.

It's already gotten a lot better with recent announcements, but I feel like I want to make sure they know I am here and I want these games on PC. That's why I bought this instead of using my Christmas money to preorder Bioshock or something else. That's also why I am waiting and buying the PC version of Resident Evil 6 and Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2.

On low settings/720p for 30fps, maybe. Console settimgs . The port is so optimized it could do that. I wouldn't expect 60fps, though

Thank you!
I'll just wait it out then, already played the console version, hopefully the game has dropped in price by the time I get a decent gaming computer!

I'm not sure how that makes it a troll on them. But it must be weird playing the game from that costume from the start. Does he just rip if off only to have the same hair underneath?

That's one of the pre-rendered scenes. It will always be this Dante in that scene, at least on consoles. Dunno if PC follows that.

Top Bottom