• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

nbthedude

On low settings/720p for 30fps, maybe. Console settimgs . The port is so optimized it could do that. I wouldn't expect 60fps, though

I would be he could get above 30fps assuming he has an HD4000. I would guess at the least it would be about equal to the console performance the HD4000 actually isn't terrible as far as integrated graphics go.

Coconut

Banned
I read a review that this game support crossfire is this true or is it bullshit or does it support crossfire but is supported poorly?

Alright. Been following this thread from its inception without knowing really shit about the game.
Finally got this beeeyatch downloaded on Steam and I'm about to jump in. Should be fun.

My only question: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or PS3 SixAxis?

The Xbox 360 controller isn't given anyone problems. But I heard PS3 controllers is causing the game to freeze and glitch or something. Maybe somebody else could clarify.

nbthedude

DMC4's prologue doesn't get enough credit.

I just watched that two weeks ago because I restarted the game on PC. While I don't think it was terrible and it's conceptually it is kind of cool, it's also very filled with very awkward Japanese character models and animation. Everything looks plastic, especially characters hand and faces.

And that music and slow mo, let's face it; it is pretty pretentious.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm having a blast so far. My only issue is getting used to the PC controls for this game. For some reason, I'm having a hell of a time getting the air glide down. I know it's just space and q, but for some fn reason it never registers. I must not be pressing them at the exact same time, so it doesn't register.

Kind of annoying.

EDIT: Well I'm a moron. You have to press Q first then space. I don't know why I was screwing that up. Most of the other moves are the same way. For some reason, I was thinking you press them at the same time.

Gbraga

It's Ue3, though. I'm sure somebody sometime will have modded it in alongside modding out Red/Blue enemies.

One can hope.

I'd pay for a no color-coded enemies mod.

Ok, I wouldn't, but it'd be pretty awesome.

I'm downsampling + SGSSAA 8x + everything maxed out, and getting 120 fps with GTX 680 2gb.

2560x1440p.

Does 8x SGSSAA really make that much of a difference? I'm just using in-game AA + downsampling and it already looks quite awesome.

T.O.P

Banned
Loving everything so far, controls feels great, juggling in the air is su much fun and so far no problem with the lock-on feature missing, NT did a great job on the artstyle and the level design and holy crap if this soundtrack doesen't get me pumped as fuck lol

great port for the pc, really happy that i avoided the console version

only downside for now is the difficulty but i'm only two hour in so, we'll see

Back to the game :3

jett

D-Member
On Mission 8, this is a seriously cool game. The level design so far has been excellent, easily the best in the series. Some people have had problems with platforming, but I've had none, in fact, I enjoy it. :p Donte has been "neat", he has had a few genuinely funny/clever quips. And finally, a new weapon to tinker around with. It hadn't dawned on me until now but NT really gave us a LOT of moves to mess around with in the demo.

I'm having a blast so far. My only issue is getting used to the PC controls for this game. For some reason, I'm having a hell of a time getting the air glide down. I know it's just space and q, but for some fn reason it never registers. I must not be pressing them at the exact same time, so it doesn't register.

Kind of annoying.

EDIT: Well I'm a moron. You have to press Q first then space. I don't know why I was screwing that up. Most of the other moves are the same way. For some reason, I was thinking you press them at the same time.

Jesus fuck I could never imagine playing a game like this with a mouse and keyboard. Good god man what are you doing? It seems the guys who handled the PC port did a valiant effort of playtesting the game on a keyboard, but the simple question - how do you replicated analog movemen with digital, cardinal directions (up, down, left, right?) 360 controller all the way.

Mononoke

Banned
I'd pay for a no color-coded enemies mod.

Ok, I wouldn't, but it'd be pretty awesome.

Does 8x SGSSAA really make that much of a difference? I'm just using in-game AA + downsampling and it already looks quite awesome.

I haven't really made a comparison. And in all honesty, I think the only way SGSSAA 100% works is if you have the right compatibility profile. So I think it's pointless to do this with a new game (someone that has more info, please correct me on this).

But I'm not an expert on this. Truth to be told, I've just been doing this ever since I noticed a massive difference in Arkham City.

Maybe someone else can weigh in on this. I will say this, I lost some FPS with SGSSAA. So if the difference isn't that big, it's not worth it (with this specific game). I'll try to do some comparisons though.

Mononoke

Banned
Jesus fuck I could never imagine playing a game like this with a mouse and keyboard. Good god man what are you doing? It seems the guys who handled the PC port did a valiant effort of playtesting the game on a keyboard, but the simple question - how do you replicated analog movemen with digital, cardinal directions (up, down, left, right?) 360 controller all the way.

LOL

Okay, I'm going to go fetch my brothers XBOX controller. I'll order one for myself, I really should have one by now.

I thought it was just my lack of skills, but damn is this game hard on a keyboard.

Played 2 missions on the PC...thumbs up, I like it, it looks good and plays well. Kinda cool that your costume(using the Neo one) is seen in some of the in-game cutscenes. The ingame cinematics looks just as good as the pre-rendered ones.

Mononoke

Banned
Played 2 missions on the PC...thumbs up, I like it, it looks good and plays well. Kinda cool that your costume(using the Neo one) is seen in some of the in-game cutscenes. The ingame cinematics looks just as good as the pre-rendered ones.

This is easily one of the best looking games I've ever played. Everything is so smooth and fluid.

BadAss2961

LOL

Okay, I'm going to go fetch my brothers XBOX controller. I'll order one for myself, I really should have one by now.

I thought it was just my lack of skills, but damn is this game hard on a keyboard.
You must be new to this genre. There's no way you should be playing this on keyboard. lol

Glass Rebel

Finished Mission 7 (or was it 8?) so far and it's good as expected. Runs and looks amazing as well but we knew that already. Oh yeah, playing with Classic Dante skin, some cutscenes still have Donte but oh well.

As for the combat there are no surprises because it's not my first time playing it but lack of lock-on is still screwing with me and I will probably never like the modifier system as much as some do. It's cool having fast access to several weapons at once but switching between angel and demon mode just doesn't feel as intuitive. The dodge system might be my biggest issue though. I understand why it works this way but it's still a bullshit system since LB is my least used button but it's needed for Demon Dodge :lol Whatever. Despite being slower than DMC4 and having annoying coloured enemies I don't hate it at all. They made an interesting system which is still leagues above God of War or the first Darksiders.

Platforming is remarkably decent. I mean, it's not challenging or engaging at all but an inoffensive way to hide secret rooms and show nice set-pieces. Could have done without it but I don't mind it either.

As for the presentation, story and writing it's very hit or miss. The scene where Vergil tells Dante about his past was pretty cool with the graffiti in the background but some scenes... let's not talk about them.

I don't regret buying it at all so far.

KePoW

Banned
LOL

You need a controller for this type of game son!

Mononoke

Banned
You must be new to this genre. There's no way you should be playing this on keyboard. lol

Not new, although not an enthusiast. I've played every game in the DMC series, as well as other games like Bayonetta. Although I always played them Xbox.

I was "trying" to get by on the keyboard. Heh. Won't make that mistake again.

EDIT: I do realize how stupid it was. :(

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just got to Mission 4. So far I'm actually enjoying it and the game looks amazing in 1080p. Will admit that no lock on is a bummer and the Demon Step is retarded with it being on both the RB+RT. WTF? How am I supposed to grip the controller while doing that? Other than that, great game so far.

Glass Rebel

Just got to Mission 4. So far I'm actually enjoying it and the game looks amazing in 1080p. Will admit that no lock on is a bummer and the Demon Step is retarded with it being on both the RB+RT. WTF? How am I supposed to grip the controller while doing that? Other than that, great game so far.

Dodge is on both bumpers so you can use RT + LB :lol

I will admit I am a huge hater on the new Dante, and I was ignorant with the game before release. I played 20 minutes of the pc version and man, Ninja Theory really put in some work, I can tell this is going to be a fun ride.

Still don't like Dante and I dread seeing Vergil but I might warm up to them.

Dahbomb your review is the shit, you the best.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone have a guide to how to downsample with Nvidia cards? I'd love to try on this game since the fps is so high anyway.

What a freaggin dilemma! Because I was still waiting on DmC to finish downloading, I started playing DMC4 on Legendary Dark Knight and everything just clicked. I want to play both right now, and I know from the demo it's impossible to play DmC and DMC at the same time. What to do?

Teknoman

Lets do this.

Wish youtube had the ability to run videos at 60...but I guess i'll put up playthroughs anyway.

What a freaggin dilemma! Because I was still waiting on DmC to finish downloading, I started playing DMC4 on Legendary Dark Knight and everything just clicked. I want to play both right now, and I know from the demo it's impossible to play DmC and DMC at the same time. What to do?

Split weeks? I dunno about you, but muscle memory would kill me in either. In the demo I still had to force myself not to use classic stinger input.

Lets do this.

Wish youtube had the ability to run videos at 60...but I guess i'll put up playthroughs anyway.

Split weeks? I dunno about you, but muscle memory would kill me in either. In the demo I still had to force myself not to use classic stinger input.

That's less than ideal, but probably the best option I've got. I have a pretty big skill dropoff if I don't play a game in a couple days, which is why I'm scared to leave DMC4 right now...

Tain

Yeaaaah, in-game vsync doesn't actually seem to do anything for me, so I'm getting that above-60 microtearing. Guess I'll have to force it.

Mononoke

Banned
What profile are you using to get SGSSAA?

Here are the bits

Ambient occlusion is very expensive, will cut your fps down by 60% but it looks GREAT, especially on Dante

^^

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46905169&postcount=5413

Antialiasing Mode: Override Any Application Setting

Antialiasing Setting: 8xq

Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling: Sparse Grid Supersampling 8x

Antrisopic Filtering Mode: User Defined/Off

Antrisopic Filgering Setting: 16x

Texture Filtering LOD bias - 1.500

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33974105&postcount=83

EDIT: Although using these settings tanked my game. FPS shot down to 10. (Using the bits that mr_nothing posted + the settings I was using).

Top Bottom