• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
So I just started playing thos and two missions in I am very impressed. Combat seems good and the presentation is brilliant. Not understanding the hate at all to be honest.

Gbraga

I can't go back to playing Dante after playing with Vergil, he's so damn slow >_>

I need to fight Dante's bosses with Vergil and then I have no more reasons to use Dante at all.

So I just started playing thos and two missions in I am very impressed. Combat seems good and the presentation is brilliant. Not understanding the hate at all to be honest.

The hate has more to do with not living up to the franchise name than the quality of the game itself.

I think even the biggest hater will agree that it's at least decent.

Gbraga

What are all those effects he has in the video? Seems like he's using a bunch of mods there not just a Dante re-skin. Even the Hunter is modded.

Yup, he's a modder and he's using his Badass Dante mod, Star Glide mod, Nightmare Hunter mod, HD HUD and SweetFX settings.

Sephzilla

Yup, he's a modder and he's using his Badass Dante mod, Star Glide mod, Nightmare Hunter mod and SweetFX settings.

I call shenanigans with that mod name.

A real Badass Dante mod closes DmC and loads up DMC3 or 4 on DMD mode.

huehuehuehue

Chamber

love on your sleeve
BF4 was showcased with a 7990. That visual fidelity aint happening on next gen consoles.

I'm sure that launch game will never be topped throughout PS4's 10 year lifespan. Lulz.

Forget about that anyway, I can die a happy man if I get one more DMC on Capcom's Panta Rhei engine.

I'm sure that launch game will never be topped throughout PS4's 10 year lifespan. Lulz.

Forget about that anyway, I can die a happy man if I get one more DMC on Capcom's Panta Rhei engine.

I'm curious to how that engine will handle more open worlds if what was shown was Dragon's Dogma related. Obviously, DMC wouldn't have to worry about that unless they changed the mission structure to something less rigid(as some have suggested). I can't really fathom what it would look like at this point, though.

DMC doesn't seem like the right franchise to push a big-budget next-gen game with a new engine. I can't imagine DMC4 worked out the way Capcom wanted it to, despite whatever fans like/dislike about the game.

Korigama

DMC doesn't seem like the right franchise to push a big-budget next-gen game with a new engine. I can't imagine DMC4 worked out the way Capcom wanted it to, despite whatever fans like/dislike about the game.
In addition to the issues they ran into by making DMC4 an early new console generation release, thanks in part to the time spent on refining the MT Framework engine, I question there being enough good will left among fans to consider a new DMC an incentive for being early adopters of new hardware (even if it winds up being the game they wanted over DmC in the first place).

DMC5 released as a last hurrah for PS3/360, sure, maybe. Having to upgrade to PS4/720 just to play it? Eh, not so much.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Don't care about any of that. The heart wants what it wants and that sure isn't another current gen DMC game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DMC5 is probably the only reason I would pick up a next gen console day 1.

Or Marvel vs. Capcom 4.
lol
But only if it didn't have DmC Dante in it.

Korigama

All fine and good for those of us who post on GAF. I just don't see that being guaranteed to represent all of the more casual consumers lost with DmC. But, whatever, Capcom would need to actually confirm that the franchise isn't dead first either way.

V_Arnold

I really hope that the new Dante makes into MVC4 in some form. Not as a boring alt for Uncle Dante, but as a brand new Character, somewhere between Vergil and Spencer.

DAY FRIGGIN' ONE! :D

Don't care about any of that. The heart wants what it wants and that sure isn't another current gen DMC game.

Yea I am done with current gen. Bring on next gen DMC game already.

Why? Current gen DMC games have yet to reach the awesome package that is Bayonetta, which means that it is not console power holding them back, but rather budget and/or ambition. Next gen DMC games would have some more shiny filters, but I guess that it is, and even licensed Unreal-based games could easily get dat 60fps gameplay, but I am not expecting huge jumps in visual fidelity with Capcom's mid-level budget. Visual jump and visual expectations, with me, are with SFV and Resident Evil 7.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why? Current gen DMC games have yet to reach the awesome package that is Bayonetta, which means that it is not console power holding them back, but rather budget and/or ambition. Next gen DMC games would have some more shiny filters, but I guess that it is, and even licensed Unreal-based games could easily get dat 60fps gameplay, but I am not expecting huge jumps in visual fidelity with Capcom's mid-level budget. Visual jump and visual expectations, with me, are with SFV and Resident Evil 7.

Blah blah blah

I like pretty graphics, thats why. You have no idea what a "mid-level budget" next gen DMC game would look like so lets stop pretending.

Sephzilla

Ninja Theory sighted.

DmC2 incoming? Lol no...

I doubt it's DmC2. The corpse of DmC1 is still lukewarm and I doubt Ninja Theory is eager to jump into that shitstorm again, especially if Capcom potentially has a shorter leash on them after the last game's sales.

I really want a Heavenly Sword 2, but it seems like everybody else has an Enslaved boner.

(So how long before the NT Defense Force roars back in here?)

V_Arnold

Blah blah blah

I like pretty graphics, thats why. You have no idea what a "mid-level budget" next gen DMC game would look like so lets stop pretending.

Wow, did I touch a nerve there? :D Turn the graphics up in DMC4/DmC on a decent PC, and you'll have quite a good approximation.

Ridiculous post.

For real. I have no idea why anyone would argue against a hypothetical next gen DMC game.

With Capcom's general zaniness as of late, I'd rather they show they don't still have their heads fully up their own asses before attempting a new entry in a franchise with a ton of built-in expectations and with very little good will from fans. My two overriding emotions playing Capcom games the later half of this gen has been "well, thank god they didn't do that to DMC or Street Fighter" and "well, shit...". Until Capcom can manage to publish a number of consistently good games I'm not going to look forward to a new DMC/Darkstalkers/Street Fighter/Resident Evil game from them.

V_Arnold

I'm lost on where this conversation is going.

Where it is going? I was asking what someone has specifically against a currentgen (or crossgen, now that we are at it) DMC5, given that graphical limitations was not really what held back either DmC or DMC4 - and I got a "blah blah blah" as an answer :D And a "ridiculous post" as well. Well, that is good to know, moving on...

And Chamber, I am not against a nextgen DMC5. I would however, still prefer one more mainline entry in this gen. Both from SF and DMC, if possible. Opinions.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really hope that the new Dante makes into MVC4 in some form. Not as a boring alt for Uncle Dante, but as a brand new Character, somewhere between Vergil and Spencer.

DAY FRIGGIN' ONE! :D

It would seriously infuriate me almost as much as DmC2. The little prick will have invaded two of my most beloved franchises of all time.

If they added both Classic Dante and DmC Dante, then I'd be marginally okay with it just so I could beat the shit out of DmC Dante with Classic Dante.

As for DMC5? I actually think I agree with V_Arnold only because titles towards the end of a console's life cycle tend to be the strongest and best quality games. Conversely, launch titles are generally weak... and their weaknesses grow more apparent as time goes on. If DMC5 was made for next gen consoles, there's a very good chance it would be rushed by Capcom's suits, leaving certain opportunists on these forums to proclaim that Capcom's internal team isn't as good as Ninja Theory, who had a generous 5+ year development period with babysitting.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nobody is talking about launch. We're 2-3 years away from another DMC game if we get one at all which isn't a given. Devil May Cry 5 in 2016 on PS360 does not sound appealing to me at all.

Korigama

As for DMC5? I actually think I agree with V_Arnold only because titles towards the end of a console's life cycle tend to be the strongest and best quality games. Conversely, launch titles are generally weak... and their weaknesses grow more apparent as time goes on. If DMC5 was made for next gen consoles, there's a very good chance it would be rushed by Capcom's suits, leaving certain opportunists on these forums to proclaim that Capcom's internal team isn't as good as Ninja Theory, who had a generous 5+ year development period with babysitting.
This was my main concern with the idea of a hypothetical DMC5 being a next-gen title (if they were to make the game, I just wouldn't want its development to be compromised the way that DMC4's was, and making it a current-gen title would lower the odds of that happening). But no, a PS3/360 release in 2016 doesn't sound desirable (not that I think it would necessarily take quite that long).

I would even settle for a DMC4: Special Edition at this point, even though the PC version was the closest thing to that.

Just finished this tonight. I mean, without a doubt, the best DMC since 3. I really, really enjoyed it.

So then: Vergil's downfall? Worth it? $9 on Steam...Lemme know, m'k?

Gbraga

Just finished this tonight. I mean, without a doubt, the best DMC since 3. I really, really enjoyed it.

So then: Vergil's downfall? Worth it? $9 on Steam...Lemme know, m'k?

I think it's worth it. No color-coded enemies (except for shields like the Witch), Vergil is a lot better than Dante (faster, more one on one action instead of the ridiculous crowd controlling monster that is Dante), instant teleport using the summoned swords instead of the slow ass ophion, interesting cutscenes, stupid ass Bleach story.

He doesn't have a Bloody Palace and only one boss fight though. But seeing how good DmC's boss fights are, this may not be a bad thing. And I think his one boss fight is kinda decent compared to the rest of the bosses in this game.

After playing Vergil, I just can't go back to Dante. I hope they would make more content for Vergil.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This was my main concern with the idea of a hypothetical DMC5 being a next-gen title (if they were to make the game, I just wouldn't want its development to be compromised the way that DMC4's was, and making it a current-gen title would lower the odds of that happening). But no, a PS3/360 release in 2016 doesn't sound desirable (not that I think it would necessarily take quite that long).

I would even settle for a DMC4: Special Edition at this point, even though the PC version was the closest thing to that.

The point is this franchise is on the ropes right now and needs some fresh ideas. You can have them fart out a DMC5 that plays like DMC4, release it in early 2014 and I'm sure we'd all enjoy it just fine but that doesn't solve the problem.

I just want them to take their time and taking their time automatically means next-gen. Hopefully they explore the open world demon hunting idea.

Korigama

The point is this franchise is on the ropes right now and needs some fresh ideas. You can have them fart out a DMC5 that plays like DMC4, release it in early 2014 and I'm sure we'd all enjoy it just fine but that doesn't solve the problem.

I just want them to take their time and taking their time automatically means next-gen. Hopefully they explore the open world demon hunting idea.
Hm, I don't know about open-world demon hunting (or open-world for a character action title in general, as that sounds like it lacks focus), but it could stand a change in mission structure. Something like taking cues from Monster Hunter in using the Devil May Cry shop as a hub where main and side missions can be accepted sounds like a step in the right direction, though.

Top Bottom