• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DO NOT PLAY OVERWATCH, THIS IS A SERIOUS WARNING - Etika

I don't know what's funnier, people complaining about his English (this happens a lot on GAF when it's a video of a black person for some reason, coincidence to be sure).

Or the fact this video is going over so many of your heads.

I read the posts in the topic and went in expecting some unintelligible Young Thug level shit.

Instead I get a guy using clear English ending sentences with bro and dawg.

How is this hard to understand?

Especially since I'm willing to bet many of them use "bro" all the time unironically.

If only consensus opinions are allowed then the thread is nothing but an echo chamber circle jerk. And probably doesn't need to exist at that point because it doesn't lend itself to actual discussion.

I'm sure if you asked Blizzard they want more than just TF2 players to like their game.
"I don't like the genre this game belongs too"/"I'm not falling for the hype" is not an actual discussion, though.

So if neither of you realize it's not at all a moba, and you aren't in themarket to even possibly play or have played it, why do you care enough to post about how much you don't care?

The thread title sparked my curiosity, and I watched a little of the video seeing that it was just "THIS GAME IS CRAZY ADDICTIVE!" Okay. Caught the post on the first page saying they were completely indifferent about the game and thought I'd chime in that that's how I feel. I felt like I was alone in feeling that way.

I didn't mean to come across as a guy going "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" or doing a useless, drive by "Yep, don't care" post. But from what I've seen of the game, there just hasn't even been an ounce of curiosity about the game for me, and I just find that odd.

Though, I guess you're right, TECHNICALLY I could care less by not posting at all.

This thread should be closed at this point, honestly the real question is whether or not Overwatch is addictive, and it's gone off-topic to the point where we talk about how bad Etika's language is.

I get it, he can overreact to stuff, but that's what most subscribers like about him. He isn't a dumb person, he can be calm, especially when he makes his discussion/news videos.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I broke my oath against microtransactions and bought 5 LBs. Didn't get anything remotely good, serves me right. 😢

jbug617

Banned
Matches start so fast between voting and looking at stats, I don't notice a new match is going to start until 7 seconds left

Dreavus

I was feeling an itch for a bit there at the start when it came to buying loot boxes.

However after I found a legendary or two for myself in free boxes I was totally fine afterwards. Just focus on playing the game people.

Psxphile

w9rx95z.jpg

Etika uses a standard variation of English? What standard does he follow? This is certainly neither Oxford English, nor clean American English.
It's absolutely perfect English. He only uses two slang words, "bro" and "dawg". Neither of which are exclusively popular with African Americans. Everything else he enunciates and pronounces clearly and cleanly. Maybe "as a German person" you should differ to the opinions of actual Americans on what is and isn't American English? If you can't understand him then I wonder how you're even able to play a game like Overwatch to begin with, nevermind American media in general.

Klyka

Banned
I love how this thread purely exists to fuel the guy's views on yet another of his fake overreaction videos.

The man literally makes money doing this. There is nothing genuine in here, dawgs

Farsi

I love how this thread purely exists to fuel the guy's views on yet another of his fake overreaction videos.

The man literally makes money doing this. There is nothing genuine in here, dawgs

If he's faking it, the man must be a genius.

Nightbird

Wow he clearly has red bull in his veins if he's outright faking it permanently.

I mean he does exaggerate a little sometimes, but he is very hyper.

Eh, I usually don't play competitive fps games. Is this one easier to pick up and play? I'm afraid that everyone is amazing already and will melt my ass into extinction of I tried it. All of my friends really love it though.
If you lose you're going to lose because half the people playing don't seem to know to defend the objective.

The characters are varied enough that you're bound to mesh with at least a couple of their play styles.

UnrealEck

I haven't bought it. I always wanted a team-based FPS from Blizzard and it came. I played the beta and enjoyed it but I guess it dissapointed me a little. I'm not really entirely sure why. It's practically the game I always wanted Blizzard to make. I think I keep comparing it to TF2 and thinking that TF2 is still the better game, at least for its time.
I'll probably buy it soon though. I think, knowing Blizzard, the game will be added to with items similar to TF2.

The game is good without a doubt but to say that its very addicting is a bit of a stretch in my case. I play for a couple of hours and start getting bored so in no way do I spend countless hours playing because it's so addicting. IMO of course.

bman94

People are funny. Just because people have dialects they instantly are not talking proper English? It took me a long time to get adjusted to the show "Misfits" when I first watched it cause I couldn't understand a damn thing with their British accents. That doesn't mean they aren't using proper English. I've spoken to people from Jamaica, Bahamas, New York, South Carolina, Britain, all having unique accents and dialects. People speak slightly differently over a consistent language systems, there's nothing wrong with that.

But on topic, the first time I heard about Overwatch was because of some animation or censorship involving a character was removed or something. I've heard nothing but good things about it I just have no idea what it's about. It's a FPS like Team Fortress 2 right?

Azzanadra

Its that good, eh? I have been of of Blizzard games for a while, and was looking and finally picking up Legacy of the Void...but all the praise Overwatch is getting has me tempted.

Been debating xb1 or ps4? Prefer the xb1 controller fyi but hows player counts?

It's a new game, one with a lot of buzz, so there's a bunch of players and you'll always have a full game even if someone leaves. Matchmaking is quick too in lower levels.

But the staying power and numbers of the player base can only be tested in the long run. I'm confident for Overwatch though.

WadeitOut

"I don't like the genre this game belongs too"/"I'm not falling for the hype" is not an actual discussion, though.

Neither is 5 pages of people saying how addicted they are. Which is why this discussion probably could have just taken place in the OT submission. The video itself was stupid and targeted at the PewDiePie demo.

Top Bottom