• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor, Doctor MAFIA | It's not Lupus

Sorian

Banned
Hmm, I'm going to skim Burb again real quick before the day ends, he isn't here to defend himself and I doubt one partner can put up much of a fight so he isn't going to slip more in the last moments.

*Splinter

can you come up with a coherent reason why I would bang on about jailers in that situation? you talk about me being silly but this really takes the cake.
It's a stretch, but ok

You think its likely because you know it's true. You don't mind talking about it because if challenged you can say:
If I knew there was a jailer I would keep quiet and we'd kill the jailer the next night

Alternatively. One of the potential jailers gets killed tonight. You point to this and get an easy mislynch on their original target.

Ty4on

Gafia.

I was actually going to lie and say I targeted Ty4on when I didn't but since I showed up so late and saw that Ty was already in a threesome, I held off and just told the truth.

It's kinda interesting though that you thought of how many targeted me. As if you were scum wanting to make sure the targeting added up.

squidyj

It's a stretch, but ok

You think its likely because you know it's true. You don't mind talking about it because if challenged you can say:

Alternatively. One of the potential jailers gets killed tonight. You point to this and get an easy mislynch on their original target.

so burb flips doctor and I move on to suggesting that we need to lynch nin. this might be kind of suspicious following that reasoning but uhhhhh, what has nin been up to this game?

Would scum even know that it was a jailer and not a protection? I'm sorry, but as scum, I'd never trust you all to actually report true results, especially after one night phase.

If there are no claimed targets on the scum target and there are on the scum, it stand to reason they were jailed. Even if that scum had multiple actions claimed on them, like Burb and Ty, one of the claimed actions could be their scum buddy's fake report and they would know the jailor. Or they would post to lynch one and then nk the other, like with burb suggesting that crimson and i were scum for being the second people to claim our respective targets.

At any rate, I really don't think scum would want to let slip they knew there was a jail. As squid said, better to keep that info close and just kill the jailor. Same as they would want to leave weak doc alive as they narrow down who that is.

Anyway, I'll be targeting burb tonight if we both survive the day. If burb doesn't survive, I'll... figure out someone else. I'll try and decide before deadline.

Sorian

Banned
It's kinda interesting though that you thought of how many targeted me. As if you were scum wanting to make sure the targeting added up.

No, I just didn't want to confuse the pot further, I didn't care about it adding up because almost any lie in this game could add up. If I was the only one targeting you though then scum would think I was a protector and then I could have potentially surprised them later with a kill, wasn't worth it if I was mucking about though and unable to trick scum.

Has nin suspected anyone today? I would think a scum Burb would have tried to focus on someone who actually acted last night and kill someone he saw as useful assuming truth. nin, on the other hand, has no vote down and didn't seem to attack anything?

Sorian

Banned
so burb flips doctor and I move on to suggesting that we need to lynch nin. this might be kind of suspicious following that reasoning but uhhhhh, what has nin been up to this game?

Though I say that but what is this? You finally switching gears and to the person who would need to die in Burb's place at this point.

squidyj

Though I say that but what is this? You finally switching gears and to the person who would need to die in Burb's place at this point.

I was noticing earlier that we had a bit of an echo chamber going on, you me and splinter with occasional contributions from ty and a couple fep posts, which is something I found concerning.

burb
crimson
nin

who would sit back and let town players fight if they were scum?

Ty4on

No, I just didn't want to confuse the pot further, I didn't care about it adding up because almost any lie in this game could add up. If I was the only one targeting you though then scum would think I was a protector and then I could have potentially surprised them later with a kill, wasn't worth it if I was mucking about though and unable to trick scum.

Has nin suspected anyone today? I would think a scum Burb would have tried to focus on someone who actually acted last night and kill someone he saw as useful assuming truth. nin, on the other hand, has no vote down and didn't seem to attack anything?

Nin is such an easy target to me. Like you said earlier I agree that Nin's weird vig assumption was kinda "nin-like".

I also think like it's fairly likely the vig or CPR is in the pool of non acting people.

Sorian

Banned
I was noticing earlier that we had a bit of an echo chamber going on, you me and splinter with occasional contributions from ty and a couple fep posts, which is something I found concerning.

burb
crimson
nin

Crimson and nin, I think scum Burb tends to play kind of like I do though I would put Burb in the "occasional contributor" section.

Ty4on

burb
crimson
nin

Burb has a real life alibi.
I won't be 100% active for last few hours of the day, I'm having a horror night :(.

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: Burbeting

Sorry if you're town and I put the nail in while you were afk bear.

This vote is pre-typed to counter squidy voting nin should that occur because my new hunch is squidy/Burb based on that :47 post by squidy.

(counting that broken tag as a vote)

cabot

"Is drinking gin and coffee together a good idea?"

The head doctor looked confused. He was also bobbing his head quite intensely, as if listening to some old Bloc Party songs or something.

The rest of the doctors shrugged.

"No idea, but burn this hairy bear guy thing"

"Alright, whatever"

Burbeting has been killed. He was a Mafia Goon

Player List:

1. [m] Sorian
2. [m] *Splinter
4. [m] Ty4on
5. [m] squidyj
7. [m] CrimsonFist
8. [m] nin1000
9. [m] flatearthpandas

6. [m] Hobohodo TOWN NURSE
3. [m] Burbeting MAFIA GOON

NIGHT 2 ENDS:
gre_1470603600.png

cabot

DAY 3 BEGINS

The doctors examined the corpse in front of them.

"Cause of death?"

"Gin poisoning, Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

"Doctor."

The head doctor let out a frustrated sigh.

"Never send a boy to do a man's job."

Ty4on was killed. He was a TOWN DOCTOR

Player List:

1. [m] Sorian
2. [m] *Splinter
5. [m] squidyj
7. [m] CrimsonFist
8. [m] nin1000
9. [m] flatearthpandas

4. [m] Ty4on TOWN DOCTOR
6. [m] Hobohodo TOWN NURSE
3. [m] Burbeting MAFIA GOON

The vote tool is here: LINK

DAY 3 ENDS:
ora_1470690000.png

Sorian

Banned
I targeted Squidy hoping by some miracle I had a killing role. Oh well

VOTE: squidyj

What was up with that vote shuffle yesterday? Didn't know how to react?

squidyj

I asked you a real question that isn't a straw man, you looked confused on your vote at day end, explain what happened.

Was I? It seemed very important to you to be able to harp on me today. I think it's interesting that we had only 1 kill tonight too, so I think I'd like to wait to hear who everyone's targets were

I once again targeted sorian.

Sorian

Banned
Was I? It seemed very important to you to be able to harp on me today. I think it's interesting that we had only 1 kill tonight too, so I think I'd like to wait to hear who everyone's targets were

I once again targeted sorian.

Yes, yes you were"

introduces more doubt than not

Vote: nin1000[/highlight[

Considering you wrote that it introduced more doubt in response to being pointed out that Burb would be afk for day end and then voted to save Burb instead, except when that didn't work you decided to be on the correct side of history:

Vote: burbeting

But yes, it's so important that I be able to harp on you today when scum Sorian could spin nin or Crimson even easier, sure.

squidyj

I think what happened there did a lot of good. If we want to talk about being on the right side of history you sure made sure you were there. Interesting that you were so confident after arguing against the lynch earlier in the day. you make some bullshit handwave about rereading his posts from earlier and then entirely switch gears on him? cmon now.

Sorian

Banned
I think what happened there did a lot of good. If we want to talk about being on the right side of history you sure made sure you were there. Interesting that you were so confident after arguing against the lynch earlier in the day. you make some bullshit handwave about rereading his posts from earlier and then entirely switch gears on him? cmon now.

I didn't argue against his lynch earlier in day 2, I believe I did near day 1 end though and if you read instead of talked you'd also notice I actually still liked him fine after my re-read too, nothing horribly damning or helpful in either direction. I actually only changed gears on him because you fucked up:

You were so fixated on me for so long with not a single read on anyone else and suddenly Splinter pulls support and your afk partner is up there fucked on votes. "But hey, guys, nin has been pretty useless, amirite?" Your attempt at saving Burb was pathetic and worse, he might have been fine before you made that post because I was leaning nin.

*Splinter

Between squidy and Sorian I honestly can't decide. Both of them could have been defending Burb while framing the other.

Sorian+Burb was a gut read from day 1 based on nothing, but at least one other person had the same read without me mentioning it (Ty I think?)

On the other hand, squidy has been... odd, but I can at least rule out the bus theory. There's still the Jailer theory which is now more likely (Burb was double targeted N1) but that theory is flimsy as fuck.

So err, yeah.

Sorian

Banned
Sooo...

Megastack now?

Megastack now is correct, yes. Targeting whoever the highest suspect is. We don't know who is still alive but the potential to jail them is there, if they end up dead we know there are no protection roles left, etc. Based on squid's play today and Splinter's stance this is me vs. him so lynch one, megastack the other. I don't know how this could be a toss up in all honesty, squidy's desperation when Burb got put on the table is very clear and I could have easily put nin under instead of Burb if I had really wanted to.

squidyj

Between squidy and Sorian I honestly can't decide. Both of them could have been defending Burb while framing the other.

Sorian+Burb was a gut read from day 1 based on nothing, but at least one other person had the same read without me mentioning it (Ty I think?)

On the other hand, squidy has been... odd, but I can at least rule out the bus theory. There's still the Jailer theory which is now more likely (Burb was double targeted N1) but that theory is flimsy as fuck.

So err, yeah.

I want to hear the rest of the actions before I say too much but I think it might be too late for stacking, we go down 2 doctors entering n3 which is 2 chances to have lost the jailer which is perhaps the most important variable in the benefit of a stack. We wouldn't kill our stacked target but we wouldn't really learn anything either

cpr ordinary jailer all counter quack and if quack is dead then there's one other dead and ordinary and jailer would both counter cpr, so with 2 dead it's impossible for us to kill on megastack. This means that any kill we see is from scum but we won't be able to guarantee whether or not it came from the stack target. One more day of gameplay and we wouldn't even be able to guarantee a no-kill stack.

*Splinter

I want to hear the rest of the actions before I say too much but I think it might be too late for stacking, we go down 2 doctors entering n3 which is 2 chances to have lost the jailer which is perhaps the most important variable in the benefit of a stack. We wouldn't kill our stacked target but we wouldn't really learn anything either

cpr ordinary jailer all counter quack and if quack is dead then there's one other dead and ordinary and jailer would both counter cpr, so with 2 dead it's impossible for us to kill on megastack. This means that any kill we see is from scum but we won't be able to guarantee whether or not it came from the stack target. One more day of gameplay and we wouldn't even be able to guarantee a no-kill stack.
I was thinking we had a chance to kill but you're right, we'd be gambling on the Jailer being alive.

squidyj

the worst case scenario is we somehow lose jailer and weak. then we have no diagnostic tool.
if we still have weak a 2 kill night tonight would guarantee that we'd hit with the megastack.
so I suppose there is a good argument for megastack tonight and tonight only. after tonight I think it would be useless.

the naive odds are something like 1/18 for both jailer and weak being dead so not very good for scum.

*Splinter

i counted the mislynch, the only way we enter n3 is with a mislynch. that's why i said down 2 doctors.
Yeah I was being slow, got it now

Megastack now is correct, yes. Targeting whoever the highest suspect is. We don't know who is still alive but the potential to jail them is there, if they end up dead we know there are no protection roles left, etc. Based on squid's play today and Splinter's stance this is me vs. him so lynch one, megastack the other. I don't know how this could be a toss up in all honesty, squidy's desperation when Burb got put on the table is very clear and I could have easily put nin under instead of Burb if I had really wanted to.
I mean, either of you could have tied the vote. Either of you could logically vote against the other to save Burb.
Right now I'm leaning squid mostly for the timing of his vote, but it's not like there was a long gap before it so I dunno.

I also think it's weird how little you pushed squidy all game, only voting him after I showed support.

*Splinter

Looking at tonight: 1 or 2 kills is lylo, 3 kills is game over.

We have to megastack. Between Sorian and squidy we will hit scum.

Top Bottom