• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
alright boys let's pretend to be leddit and talk about our desired mechanical changes for doto 6.86 to make this garbage game less garbage. my listerino:

1) Radiant and Dire safe lane creeps now start closer to their respective towers (aka the safe lane creeps move slower on spawn).
2) The Radiant hard camp near the mid tier 2 tower swaps places with the medium camp near the radiant bottom rune. The Dire hard camp near the mid tier 2 tower swaps places with the medium camp near the top river.
3) Tier 2 and 3 tower armor reduced to 20 (down from 22).
4) Dire Ancients now spawn deeper in (the ancient pit is moved closer to the tower), and the ward spot right behind it gives less vision as a result (also moves closer to the tower).

why can't i read these changes as anything other than 'make the entire game better for lycan'

Level 3 boots of travel would be fun too, TP anywhere you have vision (effect is lost if you lose vision while channeling)
Also make moon shard retain the night vision bonus when consumed

kionedrik

I've had this idea in my mind for a long time (2+ years) and I think it would revolutionize the game, can't say for sure if it would be better or worse.

- Camps cannot be stacked.

As for specific 6.86 changes I'd like the following:
- Throw SF and Tusk into the dumpster
- Bring back play-making mids (Puck, Brew, Mag, Bat, etc)
- A new item for strengh carries that would bring them back into the mainstream (armlet-like but good on everyone and without any major drawback)

Kade

1. Shackleshot has thorns now, dealing damage per second. If the unit is shackled to another hero or creep, the damage per second is doubled.

2. Windrun causes the winds around Lyralei to become violent, dealing damage to any hero she comes into contact with.

Nah fuck that, either limit stacking to twice, or add a malus to gold for stacked creeps (-5% gold for double stack, -10% for triple, -15% for quad, -20% for quint), you can't just delete it

dreamhack is actually the fucking worst
Always has been, I wonder how it's still a thing given how much of a failure it is

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
alright boys let's pretend to be leddit and talk about our desired mechanical changes for doto 6.86 to make this garbage game less garbage. my listerino:

1) Radiant and Dire safe lane creeps now start closer to their respective towers (aka the safe lane creeps move slower on spawn).
2) The Radiant hard camp near the mid tier 2 tower swaps places with the medium camp near the radiant bottom rune. The Dire hard camp near the mid tier 2 tower swaps places with the medium camp near the top river.
3) Tier 2 and 3 tower armor reduced to 20 (down from 22).
4) Dire Ancients now spawn deeper in (the ancient pit is moved closer to the tower), and the ward spot right behind it gives less vision as a result (also moves closer to the tower).

What I'd like is for the two jungles to be reworked, so they are "weaker." Make it so for Radiant, Mid doesn't have as easy access to jungle creeps, and for Dire, that there isn't two pull camps available.

Don't feel there is to much obvious mechanics changes that need to be changed. Maybe find a way to simplify the number of attack and armor types, and then display it easier.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What I'd like is for the two jungles to be reworked, so they are "weaker." Make it so for Radiant, Mid doesn't have as easy access to jungle creeps, and for Dire, that there isn't two pull camps available.

Don't feel there is to much obvious mechanics changes that need to be changed. Maybe find a way to simplify the number of attack and armor types, and then display it easier.

the trouble is u wanna make it "weaker" for mid, but the same or better for pure junglers like chen/enigma/enchantress/axe etc... which is a tough problem to fix. I don't think you need to destroy stacking or anything over some heroes benefiting from stacks, last patch storm/lesh/lina/SF abused stacks. Now it's SF/Alch, notice the trend? Hero that has good aoe damage gets nerfed, stacks become less of a problem. Jungle stacking has functioned in this manner for years, no need to bring in the guillotine over a metagame that happened to have many strong AoE damage short CD/low mana nukers that greatly benefited from stacking.

IMO just move the hard camps that are stacked the most and give the most gold further away from mid and closer to the rivers (so they are easier to contest and harder for the mid to get to), nothing gamebreaking.

one is an intended feature and the other, as far as I know, is a feature that arose from a bug in the code. (back in dota1)

yeah and fountain hooking was a feature that arose from a bug in the code
guess which between fountain hooking and stacking got left in the game
blink.gif

Demoli

-Make windrun evasion only work if you're actually moving

-Remove Windrun slow

Boom, maybe still a bit too strong but at least now she can't man up vs carries without a full shackle

anyone know of a good mouse Black friday deal

G502 for 40€ at amazon, don't know about $ prices but it's probably a good deal too. Great mouse.

edit : aw poop, seems to be over
edit : pls don't buff slark he can manfight spectre and that's unacceptable

It's harder to tell with Earth Spirit, since he's (still) not in Captain's Mode. Meanwhile, Waifurunner has a 44% pro winrate.

The idea that she's somehow too powerful isn't borne out by the numbers.

All I'm saying is "look at the winrate!" isn't a very good case for which heroes are weak or strong. If that were the case, Omni would be straight broken.

I'd wager WR has a sub-50 winrate (especially in pro matches) due to people knowing how to draft against her, rather than the hero not being strong. Clearly a case can be made that this balances her, but I'm not convinced. I think regardless of her winrate, the current incarnation of windrun is a stupid skill, and demoli's change makes a lot of sense to me. Increase duration/lower CD to compensate.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's harder to tell with Earth Spirit, since he's (still) not in Captain's Mode. Meanwhile, Waifurunner has a 44% pro winrate.

The idea that she's somehow too powerful isn't borne out by the numbers.
WR is at 48% win rate at 4k, 46% at 5k. She is the most picked hero at those tiers though. Someone has to be the most popular hero, and I'd rather it be WR instead of Sniper.

DrPizza

Banned
All I'm saying is "look at the winrate!" isn't a very good case for which heroes are weak or strong. If that were the case, Omni would be straight broken.

I'd wager WR has a sub-50 winrate (especially in pro matches) due to people knowing how to draft against her, rather than the hero not being strong. Clearly a case can be made that this balances her, but I'm not convinced. I think regardless of her winrate, the current incarnation of windrun is a stupid skill, and demoli's change makes a lot of sense to me. Increase duration/lower CD to compensate.

It makes no sense to me, because it makes the skill completely useless. You can't move and fire at the same time.

I'm not even convinced that people are "drafting against her". I don't think she has any particularly specific counters (there's nobody who can hit her through evasion, for example), so drafts "against" her are generic things like "stuns and magic nukes", which are always good.

It makes no sense to me, because it makes the skill completely useless. You can't move and fire at the same time.

I'm not even convinced that people are "drafting against her". I don't think she has any particularly specific counters (there's nobody who can hit her through evasion, for example), so drafts "against" her are generic things like "stuns and magic nukes", which are always good.

I don't see why windrun should be a free 1v1 vs any physical damage hero without MKB. I don't think that was the original intent of the skill, nor do I think it's interesting design.

You might be right about the drafts, but I think you overstate the degree to which stuns and magic nukes in general are good vs a windrunner. Once she gets a bkb, she's very difficult to damage for a pretty lengthy bit of time, so you need skills that go through bkb or you need heroes that can jump her (blink hex, for example). I should look up her individual winrates in pro matches vs the heroes I think are good vs her to see if it holds water. dunno.
Datdota is so hard to navigate. Is there a better site?

mooncakes

Only by your own skill you're stuck in that bracket. If you improve you'll move up. I used to have that same mindset when I was in the mid-3ks. I moved up.

I am offlane player in the 4k bracket. Kinda hard when your carry just sells their shit, buy mangos and feeds when they give up. I',m always the positive guy in the team trying to win so i dont think it is my mindset.

i might start learning mid now but it be a long road.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
-Make windrun evasion only work if you're actually moving

-Remove Windrun slow

Boom, maybe still a bit too strong but at least now she can't man up vs carries without a full shackle

-shackleshot disjointable
-windrun purge-able
-shackleshot no longer ministuns on miss

iceFrauD plS

TUSR

Banned
shacklolshot only persists as long as both targets are alive

quelling blade meta
chop down shackled tree to save team mate

Top Bottom