• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Why does it suck? I always ask how to do it, and then don't because I figure it'll be better to learn the hard way, but then I misclick and get killed or f up a gank... AGAIN

If you changed the side wouldn't you just misclick while running down the river? That sounds even worse.
I used to accidentally click it all the time. I switched sides and never have clicked it once

I (unfortunately) play LoL on occasion though, so it wasn't hard to get used to.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So why is that 2 week old Silencer set listed as a new set on the store? I thought maybe they finally included the loading screen, but it's still not there.

Like they re-added the set for some reason and decided to just make it new. I sort of understand why the Wraith Lord is marked new, but this is a 2 week old Silencer set...
Really, its just because Valve changed what the items release date was. I don't really know why they did it though.

Speaking of which, I bet they add the Wraith Lord set back to the drop system again because it's "new" and will be in their rotation when they hit items added the last few weeks. It sort of happened in reverse for the Night Watcher set, which was marked as old and only dropped for a few weeks because of it (but dropped from day 1).

Yeah, they are in fact in the drop pool.

Really, its just because Valve changed what the items release date was. I don't really know why they did it though.

Speaking of which, I bet they add the Wraith Lord set back to the drop system again because it's "new" and will be in their rotation when they hit items added the last few weeks. It sort of happened in reverse for the Night Watcher set, which was marked as old and only dropped for a few weeks because of it (but dropped from day 1).

Well, do you have any numbers showing if they would make anywhere near the same profit selling them directly? Because, I am pretty sure Valve do.

Isn't this the same valve that said they make more money selling games at significant discount?

I've not seen that happen on the Arcana sets at all.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
They did have that big Christmas sale.

And right now I think most old sets have dropped in price.

The Christmas sale was a subtle way to permanently price drop a bunch of older, overpriced, skins. A lot of the items that were on 'sale' kept that price even after the event ended.

Boken

Banned
Why does it suck? I always ask how to do it, and then don't because I figure it'll be better to learn the hard way, but then I misclick and get killed or f up a gank... AGAIN

If you changed the side wouldn't you just misclick while running down the river? That sounds even worse.

because when you actually do want to use the minimap it feels kinda laggy

i find ur more likely to misclick going to radiant base because half the time ur panicked n running away + something about the perspective coming from radiant side idk

Well, do you have any numbers showing whether or not they would make anywhere near the same profit selling them directly? Because, I am pretty sure Valve do.

you mean valve are motivated by making as much as a profit as they can... even using some anti-consumer tactics? hey that sounds a lot like some other company..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had to teach myself to stop overclicking/repeat click things and just click on the map purposefully. Just the one click and then autopilot.

Yeah, I got to stop doing that, if only because the pathing sucks and will change your path in certain spots if you keep clicking one area.

Lunaniem

These are the achievements since they currently don't show up on Steam.

wEnAI0k.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So odd seeing these old team names, half the organizations aren't even around anymore. Really shows how long it took to make the movie.

edit: Why did James not get a haircut before filming, and why is Tobi's hair never that nice anymore.

Also, one thing that I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it looks like Valve tried to keep the heroes looking like they did during TI1 for those parts.

And now 27ish minutes in, that Pick/Ban Screen was clearly rendered like a few months ago at best, it has thin puck in it. I'm going to have to watch those making of parts when I get home later.

Ah geeze, new pick screen into really old engine footage done in 2011 into a source film done recently, its edited great but there is all these little inconsistencies if you look.

Hope there is some clear cut arcs of this movie, because I gotta pause it half way though for class.

Oh, random thought seeing these really old dota clients, did we ever figure out who leaked the client early all those years ago?

So odd seeing these old team names, half the organizations aren't even around anymore. Really shows how long it took to make the movie.

edit: Why did James not get a haircut before filming, and why is Tobi's hair never that nice anymore.

Different years.

Stress ruined Toby.

And that was 2012 James when he was in tramp mode.

Zeth

What's the cheapest way to get the Venge set? It should go down a bit on the market in a few days right?

Dec

The story about Dendi, his father and going fishing is very touching.

Definitely the most sad part of the movie for myself. I still remember coming home from school and being sat down with my siblings where my parents told me they went to the doctor and my father had cancer. Being in that situation once myself and knowing how that conversation probably went when he got home brings back some pretty bad memories.

Enjoyed it though. Glad they didn't dwell on the depressing parts too much.

JustinBB7

I'm watching deleted stuff now and that's all pretty short so far. Main movie is only about an hour or so too. Why did this take so long to release? Took like 3 years..

Edit: omg fears basketball scene, I'm dying

I'm watching deleted stuff now and that's all pretty short so far. Main movie is only about an hour or so too. Why did this take so long to release? Took like 3 years..

Probably because Valve's never made a documentary. A lot of little things that are easy for filmmakers probably took those involved at Valve a longer time (there were issues with consent and what not that was stated at TI3).

manfestival

Edit: omg fears basketball scene, I'm dying

How is it that surprising that it took them so long? How long has it taken them to make half life episode 3? Too soon?

ElyrionX

Did anyone catch IG-DK game 2? When sieging IG's base, DK actually used a flying courier to spot SK channeling in the treeline and hit him with WD's ult to prevent him from blinking in. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

GorillaJu

Riding the epic come back wave, I Necro ult their carry with scepter, they scramble to defend their throne, we're pushing through mid, they cant kill us, they're desperately throwing everything at us, dying, Invoker buys back and tries to kill me but gets an ult to the face. Everyone is so focused on their throne that nobody realizes their creeps have destroyed ours.

I love Dota 2. Lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish I could watch everything with a Twitch chat sidebar.

Top Bottom