• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Hitler

curb

Banned

Which leads to one of my favorite callback gags ever:

30-rock-series-finale-tracy-morgan-jane-krakowski-nbc.jpg

glaurung

Better than that Kardassian game I suppose.

WTF...

*closes laptop lid*

I have jewish blood, since this seems to be a thing on GAF now.

Skele7on

Banned
This thread, although I'm not Jewish I can see the offensive side.

Imagine, if you take the game and instead insert bin laden....

It would cause no end of trouble.

Linkyn

I don't get what's supposed to be offensive. If anything, the game parodises the persona by replacing him with tho children and the whole nazi apparatus for not noticing.

Also, how a moron like Steiner ever managed to rise up in the ranks is beyond me.

Maebe

Or as Steve Hughes says, be offended... nothing happens.

There's something funny about how offended people are about people saying they are offended. It's a game about Hitler, I think people are allowed to say however they feel about it. No one is trying to ban the game or anything.

StayDead

I found that hilarious. Atleast I could get past the first part unlike QWOP. In QWOP I couldn't get past 100m without crawling along the floor like a loon.

Nivash

tumblr_m3cu2v5LnT1r7qpeho1_500.jpg

Or as Steve Hughes says, be offended... nothing happens.

It really is sad how misused that quote is. Fry said it in the context of how someone being offended isn't an excuse to shut down a discussion or implement censorship during a debate in 2006 about how the UK might criminalize "blasphemy". And yet people use it to... shut down discussions.

EDIT: As for the game itself I thought it was hilarious. But fuck that final mission. Seriously Steiner, those are streets. Can't you just follow the signs!?

Once I got to the map directions it got really lame fast. It's easy to predict the movements, it's not at all like QWOP which is just a mess. However it was somewhat amusing just because of the offensive nature. Which ~Youtube Gamer~ will pick up on this and make a forcedly unfunny video, I wonder?

I can't do the last one. ARGHHH So frustrating.

please don't derail the Double Hitler thread.

Aren't you the one doing that? You get angry at a quote telling people not to get angry, and then you get angry at people not hating some guy called Stephen Fry. Cheer up dude, instead of this passive-aggressive standard!

If you need to talk about your problems, PM me and we can take it there!!:)

EDIT: I knew I had heard the phrase "Double Hitler" before. LOOOOOOL, Never seen 30 Rock, but this is great; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_24p1ht9v8

This game doesn't offend me, but the shitty reactions of some of the people in this thread are just stunning.

Are people just not allowed to be offended anymore without being ridiculed (or worse, having a tired Stephen Fry pic thrown at them)? Because if anyone is allowed to be offended by this game, I'd say it's a Jewish person (as one of the offended people claimed to be).

Imagine one of your relatives or ancestors was tortured and died a slow and painful death by starvation under orders from that psycho. Are you allowed to be offended then? Are you allowed to speak out and say you don't find it humorous to trivialize the events surrounding the torment of your loved ones? Where's the line?

Mind you, nobody (that I've heard of) is calling for the ban of this game. A couple of people simply stated that they find the game offense. And were mocked. Which is just pathetic.

You don't have to share in someone's outrage or anguish, but maybe try to be a little more empathetic before shitting in their mouth. Especially when the person's outrage is rooted in the slaughter of millions of innocent men, women, and children.

On topic, the game is pretty shitty. The controls are too frustrating to be fun and it basically boils down to forcing yourself to continue because you stubbornly need to see the end. Definitely a case of style over substance, IMO.

Axass

I have German blood does that mean I should support it or be offended by it. I'm confused, where's a Polygon chart when you need one?
a1xp4.png

There you go, happy?

This game doesn't offend me, but the shitty reactions of some of the people in this thread are just stunning.

Are people just not allowed to be offended anymore without being ridiculed (or worse, having a tired Stephen Fry pic thrown at them)? Because if anyone is allowed to be offended by this game, I'd say it's a Jewish person (as one of the offended people claimed to be).

Imagine one of your relatives or ancestors was tortured and died a slow and painful death by starvation under orders from that psycho. Are you allowed to be offended then? Are you allowed to speak out and say you don't find it humorous to trivialize the events surrounding the torment of your loved ones? Where's the line?

Mind you, nobody (that I've heard of) is calling for the ban of this game. A couple of people simply stated that they find the game offense. And were mocked. Which is just pathetic.

You don't have to share in someone's outrage or anguish, but maybe try to be a little more empathetic before shitting in their mouth. Especially when the person's outrage is rooted in the slaughter of millions of innocent men, women, and children.

The game isn't trivializing the death of the jews, it's making Hitler look like a clown. Neo-nazis would have a better chance at being offended by this, but they'd deserve it anyway. I don't think Call of Duty and other shooters are much better than this game actually, why don't you perceive those as trivializing of death and war, with their killing streaks and headshots?

With this I'm not agreeing on mocking who's offended, but frankly they have no reason to.

Hystzen

Was expecting a glitch in Sniper elite where 2 hitlers appeared and was shot with x-ray cam.

Instead cool online game....it's not frog fractions quality but still good

Geedorah

First attempt, 3390 - knew nothing about the game before playing. Was actually pretty fun. Eff those tank parts though, got so many deductions...

Top Bottom