• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Hitler

Togbis

Banned
Why are gamers so concerned with politics all of a sudden? It's not like the majority here actually have a deeply funded academic knowledge of history, economy and philosophy.
Just play the damn games.

Are they FUN? That's what you should be debating.

I love the art in the first post. Reminds me of how all painters start out when learning Photoshop. Good memories. That guy has potential.

Why are gamers so concerned with politics all of a sudden? It's not like the majority here actually have a deeply funded academic knowledge of history, economy and philosophy.

I love the art in the first post. Reminds me of how all painters start out when learning Photoshop. Good memories. That guy has potential.

Isn't the movement more about triggers? That's what I got when they came to take Luftrausers away.

Verilligo

This game doesn't offend me, but the shitty reactions of some of the people in this thread are just stunning.

Are people just not allowed to be offended anymore without being ridiculed (or worse, having a tired Stephen Fry pic thrown at them)? Because if anyone is allowed to be offended by this game, I'd say it's a Jewish person (as one of the offended people claimed to be).

Imagine one of your relatives or ancestors was tortured and died a slow and painful death by starvation under orders from that psycho. Are you allowed to be offended then? Are you allowed to speak out and say you don't find it humorous to trivialize the events surrounding the torment of your loved ones? Where's the line?

Mind you, nobody (that I've heard of) is calling for the ban of this game. A couple of people simply stated that they find the game offense. And were mocked. Which is just pathetic.

You don't have to share in someone's outrage or anguish, but maybe try to be a little more empathetic before shitting in their mouth. Especially when the person's outrage is rooted in the slaughter of millions of innocent men, women, and children.

On topic, the game is pretty shitty. The controls are too frustrating to be fun and it basically boils down to forcing yourself to continue because you stubbornly need to see the end. Definitely a case of style over substance, IMO.

The wholesale slaughter of millions of people isn't funny. Turning Hitler into a pair of tots stacked on top of each other playing at being the man and being believed the whole while is funny. As well it should be, turning a man into a farce is the single best way to strip them of their power. I should think it more worrying when you can't laugh at an evil dead man, since that means the influence of their evil is continuing to perpetuate.

tumblr_n8726mrvVj1ssgfqpo1_500.png

You may call me Tekkler.

This game doesn't offend me, but the shitty reactions of some of the people in this thread are just stunning.

Are people just not allowed to be offended anymore without being ridiculed (or worse, having a tired Stephen Fry pic thrown at them)? Because if anyone is allowed to be offended by this game, I'd say it's a Jewish person (as one of the offended people claimed to be).

Imagine one of your relatives or ancestors was tortured and died a slow and painful death by starvation under orders from that psycho. Are you allowed to be offended then? Are you allowed to speak out and say you don't find it humorous to trivialize the events surrounding the torment of your loved ones? Where's the line?

Mind you, nobody (that I've heard of) is calling for the ban of this game. A couple of people simply stated that they find the game offense. And were mocked. Which is just pathetic.

You don't have to share in someone's outrage or anguish, but maybe try to be a little more empathetic before shitting in their mouth. Especially when the person's outrage is rooted in the slaughter of millions of innocent men, women, and children.

On topic, the game is pretty shitty. The controls are too frustrating to be fun and it basically boils down to forcing yourself to continue because you stubbornly need to see the end. Definitely a case of style over substance, IMO.

I've thought about this often and come to this half baked conclusion:

In a that sees or hears a rude joke there are two sub groups. The people that found it funny (group A) and those that found it offensive (group B). For group A, hearing group B say the joke was offensive is akin to group B wishing not to have heard the joke. Group A, having enjoyed the joke, perceives the situation as group B wishing this joke had not been told and thus desiring for a situation in which group A had not experienced that partiuclar enjoyment.

Basically: "stop ruining our fun"

Which is complicated because in the same way you can't tell people not to be offended by something, you can't tell them not to find something amusing. That's MY perspective anyway.

maus

I don't care if the mechanics are fun. This is fucking antisemitism and that is just not cool. I'm a neogaf poster.

LDAF

Ironically, that's one of the first things I noticed. I just love that painterly sort of style, can't get enough of it. :)

Well, this would certainly explain Hitler's incredibly bad military decisions and obsessions with the supernatural and ridiculous superweapons.

Cha

That was a good time killer. Tastefully done in my opinion. Last map was a pain. Took me a while, but I eventually got it.

LDAF

What are you talking about? Those mobile games are filled with creativity and intelligent thinking. Nobody is ripping off 10 year old flash games.

You'd be surprised...plus, there's a pretty good amount of creative stuff on NG lately. You oughtta check it out.

Myggen

For some reason rarely see this argument when people are discussing movies, books and other forms of entertainment. You do not need a "deeply funded academic knowledge" to discuss something, and your post is just another bad attempt at trying to silence discussion about stuff you don't like. Of course issues around a game should be discussed, limiting it to "is it fun?" wouldn't exactly lead to many interesting discussions and would do the medium a disservice.

Anyways, pretty funny idea for a game. And a bit of a nostaliga trip to visit Newgrounds again.

Top Bottom