• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Yamcha and Tenshinhan + original character Android 21

Not a fan of using current tien's clothes.

This would have been much better:
latest

21 looks like if Toriyama drew 4 or 5 different BlazBlue characters and mashed them together lol

I approve. Hopefully she's not story mode only.

Tsunamo

21 looks great, knew Toriyama would do a great design. The descriptions implied something a bit different.

My main man Yamcha's looking dope.

Gbraga

JUST SAW THE SACREENSHTOS HOLY SHITTTTT

YESSSSSS

MEGANEEEEEEEEE

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH VEGETA

NOW ANDROID 21 IS MY BEST FRIEND

PLEASE BE PLAYABLE

PASOPDJASOP

TENSHINHAN LOOKS DOPE! I WANT HIM ON MY TEAM, PLEASE HAVE A GOOD ASSIST

Very unusual design. She looks like some sort of harlequin hipster, I'd never guess the "scientist" angle by looking at her.

Still like it overall though.

NotLiquid

It's really odd that they dedicate a full page insert for her but don't show anything pertaining to game play.

I really hope she's not just a story character. The design looks too neat and the game sorely needs female representation one way or another.

Great idea to waste a slot with Yamcha instead of putting characters with actual interesting movesets like Janemba or Hit. And if you want to stay on the hero side, Vegito or Ultimate Gohan.

Sheentak

From shoryuken

Android 21 will feature as part of Dragon Ball FighterZ‘s “what-if” scenario, joining the fight alongside the revived Android 16. She has been specially designed by Dragon Ball series creator Akira Toriyama, but it’s unknown if she will be a playable character at this time. Based off the V-Jump scans, she may be exclusive to the Story Mode.

Similar to Android 18, Tien will be able to call on best pal Chiaotzu as an assist — helping him lock opponents into place so he can start a combo. His Shin Kikoho looks to be his Level 3 Super and interestingly, Tien is wearing his Dragon Ball Super costume, rather than his traditional Crane School outfit.

As for Yamcha, everyone’s favorite desert bandit has Spirit Ball as one of his Supers, along with his trademark Wolf Fang Fist. Hopefully, Yamcha will be an asset to any team, rather than just being DBFZ’s Dan. Fingers crossed for a baseball outfit alt costume in the future.

Gbraga

I honestly can't believe that I want to play Tenshinhan, Freeza and 18 in a Dragon Ball game. Arc really is amazing.

It's really odd that they dedicate a full page insert for her but don't show anything pertaining to game play.

I really hope she's not just a story character. The design looks too neat and the game sorely needs female representation one way or another.
She doesn't get a power strength wheel either. So either this is an early tease, she'll be DLC at some point, or she's basically like Bulma is gonna be.

Great idea to waste a slot with Yamcha instead of putting characters with actual interesting movesets like Janemba or Hit. And if you want to stay on the hero side, Vegito or Ultimate Gohan.
Yamcha had to be there for comedy purposes. Unlike a certain knock off Machamp...

Baleoce

I like Janemba as much as you but.. he's really not that high on the priority list lol. They can definitely do some fun stuff with Yamcha.

oh wow i just realized Chaozu is blowing himself up in that image in the scan

i mean i'm sure he can some how but i'm surprised that not the first thing they show off for him

NotLiquid

Since Android 21 is seen hanging out with 16, and Android 16 is modeled after Gero's son, I wonder if 21 is supposed to be based off of Gero's wife.

For those that might not know there is a difference.
Yamcha has this outfit.
4842577-0708455878-Yamch.png

But this hairstyle, from Super.
dbs70yamcha-1481665675548_1280w.jpg

That's a really interesting detail, it's just Super Yamcha in his old Gi.

Top Bottom