• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Yamcha and Tenshinhan + original character Android 21

Baleoce

Hopefully when Yamcha get's KO'd he goes right into his most iconic pose.

800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

The way they've been on point with manga references, I'd be surprised if this didn't happen.

Gbraga

It would be weird to have two characters with assists on the same team, though, so I guess I should have a team for 18 and a team for Tenshinhan.

Whens Kid Goku

Hopefully when Yamcha get's KO'd he goes right into his most iconic pose.

800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

This will be his win pose.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Err dunno what to tell you if you can't tell the difference between this

5429625-tienshinan.articlepic.2009.jpg

And this

4760404-9049941191-09GX7.png

it's the outfit and camera angle, he doesn't seem to look that much different. Starving for months is total exaggeration.

i like the design of android 21! It's simple but well done!

Also a bit disappointed to see Yamcha in this costume, while tenshinhan get something diffrent from his usual clothes!

at least he have the long hairs!

Great idea to waste a slot with Yamcha instead of putting characters with actual interesting movesets like Janemba or Hit. And if you want to stay on the hero side, Vegito or Ultimate Gohan.
Yamcha's a waste but a fusion of Goku and Vegeta and another Gohan is a-ok.

it's the outfit and camera angle, he doesn't seem to look that much different. Starving for months is total exaggeration.

Those arms would burst the seams of those sleeves... And no starving for months is not an exaggeration to lose that much muscle mass lol

Front angle

37522c6b1613a30155e6716a0e2c5113--character-reference-dragon-ball-z.jpg

I know the DBZ games didn't have many female characters but this is such a surprise.
Also Yamcha
Yamcha is in the game
Why

Yamcha is not my favorite character but there's no denying he'll at least play differently from the other characters, which is always a good thing.

Akira Toriyama does busty designs?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Maron
As an aside, how does Krilin manage to score with the hottest ladies? Not exactly a hunk and doesn't seem like the smoothest operator either. :D

Will Yamcha faint when he fights Androids 18 and 21 like when he first saw Bulma?

Can't wait to show off the Wolf Fang Fist to All nonbelievers.

NeonZ

Those arms would burst the seams of those sleeves... And no starving for months is not an exaggeration to lose that much muscle mass lol

Dragonball's designs are often done based on the outfit, rather than actually drawing the character under the clothes. Buu Saga Gohan also seemed slimmer in his student clothes compared to his training gi.

When we saw Tenshinhan shirtless in Super, he looked just like before.

I would say that an original character would help mitigate people's concerns about a lack of female characters, but I guess Android 21 isn't confirmed to be anything other than story NPC, right? She doesn't have a little graph like Yamcha and Tien do.

Anyways, I Yamcha's got his saiyan saga look, so there's a hundred percent chance he'll be subject to the Saibaman pose. Now its just a question of how. If not that, I guess they would have gone with that look in order to make him look distinct from Mystic Gohan, since the two looks almost the exact same in the Cell saga.

Tien having his Super clothes rather than being roided out like he was in the Cell saga is a bit disappointing but maybe its just to give him a more distinct look.

I would say that an original character would help mitigate people's concerns about a lack of female characters, but I guess Android 21 isn't confirmed to be anything other than story NPC, right? She doesn't have a little graph like Yamcha and Tien do.

Anyways, I Yamcha's got his saiyan saga look, so there's a hundred percent chance he'll be subject to the Saibaman pose. Now its just a question of how. If not that, I guess they would have gone with that look in order to make him look distinct from Mystic Gohan, since the two looks almost the exact same in the Cell saga.
Is Videl confirmed?

cntr

Banned
Wow, Android 21 looks way better than I thought she would. I like it.

Tienshinhan and Yamcha are looking great, too.

Uuuh I dont think android 21 will be playable. No power wheel etc.
Even if she isn't now, no way they don't add her as DLC if she gets popular.

...wonder if she'll show up in Super.

Android 21 seems to have gotten a whole page dedicated to her though. Why do that for a character in a game that isn't canon, was never "hinted at" and isn't anything groundbreaking unless they're playable?

Manu

I'm digging 21's design. Her clothes and hair look straight out of OG Dragon Ball, but her face looks like 17 and 18's. Best of both worlds.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Android 21 seems to have gotten a whole page dedicated to her though. Why do that for a character in a game that isn't canon, was never "hinted at" and isn't anything groundbreaking unless they're playable?

She will play a huge part in the story.

Tizoc

Yamcha is not my favorite character but there's no denying he'll at least play differently from the other characters, which is always a good thing.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Maron
As an aside, how does Krilin manage to score with the hottest ladies? Not exactly a hunk and doesn't seem like the smoothest operator either. :D

What he lacks in fighting prowess he makes up by being a ladies man.

Also why does Maron look like Bulma?

Seesaw15

Did some one say busty?

*Sees scans.
NwrLpJR_700wa_0.gif

Hopefully officals images get uploaded soon so we don't have 20 pages accusing ASW of overly sexualized female character designs.

Also, I knew he was in but I'm glad my boy Tien got announced all the same.

Top Bottom