• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Toriyama actually gave his approval to GT, and even designed some characters, and his son worked on the show as well. It's pretty official, way more so than Super, which Toriyama doesn't even contribute much to. He's watching these episodes just like we are, waiting to figure out what's coming next.

I have to say that if Super contradicts GT, then it'll basically be the definition of bad filler.
Super is a follow up to the two canon movies that Toriyama wrote due to not liking the current state of Dragon Ball and has written the outline for each arc of Super. There are various things that contradict EoZ/GT already, and there will only be more.

Krejlooc

Banned
There are various things that contradict EoZ/GT already, and there will only be more.

Maybe I just have more faith than you guys, but I'm certain they won't let Super be ruined that way. They'll tie it all back in, and hopefully they'll make it make sense, too. I guess what I'm saying is don't write Super off just yet.

Toriyama actually gave his approval to GT, and even designed some characters, and his son worked on the show as well. It's pretty official, way more so than Super, which Toriyama doesn't even contribute much to. He's watching these episodes just like we are, waiting to figure out what's coming next.

I have to say that if Super contradicts GT, then it'll basically be the definition of bad filler.
Lolwut.
Toriyama did the initial designs for GT and nothing else, and I don't know where you heard that his son worked on GT.
Toriyama actually designs the characters in Super and plans out every arc, Toei just expands his outline into episodes, not to mention Blue was introduced in a movie that he wrote the script for. Toriyama's contributions to Super are far greater than GT.

I wonder if they will ever get around to picking up where the original finished

I hope they finish this arc, have a bit of a time jump, then do the universal tournament arc and maybe jump to the original ending time line.

Krejlooc

Banned
Lolwut.
Toriyama did the initial designs for GT and nothing else, and I don't know where you heard thst his son worked on GT.
Toriyama actually designs the characters in Super and plans out every arc, Toei just expands his outline into episodes, not to mention Blue was introduced in a movie that he wrote the script for. Toriyama's contributions to Super are far greater than GT.

Toriyama isn't even a fan of Dragon Ball Super. He was threatening to stop watching the show all together until they (toei) gave him lots of attention and begged him to stick around. He's currently watching the trunks 2 saga, but his finger is literally always on the button of his remote.

Toriyama isn't even a fan of Dragon Ball Super. He was threatening to stop watching the show all together until they (toei) gave him lots of attention and begged him to stick around. He's currently watching the trunks saga, but his finger is literally always on the button of his remote.
You are making shit up. All he said was that he complained about Super, likely in the fall of last year, and that he loves Dragon Ball too much to leave it alone.

Maybe I just have more faith than you guys, but I'm certain they won't let Super be ruined that way. They'll tie it all back in, and hopefully they'll make it make sense, too. I guess what I'm saying is don't write Super off just yet.

h8QGYDD.png

Toriyama isn't even a fan of Dragon Ball Super. He was threatening to stop watching the show all together until they (toei) gave him lots of attention and begged him to stick around. He's currently watching the trunks 2 saga, but his finger is literally always on the button of his remote.

Toriyama hates his own work confirmed

if you are making a claim you should at least show the sources yourself, rather than just expect someone to find it themselves and then if they find a different one you just say "well that wasn't the one I was talking about"

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/akira-toriyama-disappointed-by-dragon-ball-super-animation/

I am guessing you mean this one, which is basically about the quality of the animation, not that he hates the show or finds it boring

At this point, GT is in own universe disconnected from Super. There're far too many discrepancies between them, which would make them separate continuities at this point.

I find this to be a good thing, and we don't really need to see Super being bogged down by GT.

if you are making a claim you should at least show the sources yourself, rather than just expect someone to find it themselves and then if they find a different one you just say "well that wasn't the one I was talking about"

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/akira-toriyama-disappointed-by-dragon-ball-super-animation/

I am guessing you mean this one, which is basically about the quality of the animation, not that he hates the show or finds it boring
A. That not an interview, and B. It just says quality. We have no idea what he complained about, it could have been animation, or even what they were doing with the plot in the retellings since he likely conplained long before the Champa arc even started.

Krejlooc

Banned
A. That not an interview, and B. It just says quality. We have no idea what he complained about, it could have been animation, or even what they were doing with the plot in the retellings since he likely conplained long before the Champa arc even started.

Right, he clearly doesn't like where the writers of the show are taking things, and is pissed as hell. He was going to stop watching out right, but they gave him some leaked bootleg eps of the trunks 2 saga and he's agreed to stick around for just a little while longer.

I am not stating it as fact, just that it is the only thing I can see regarding Toriyama being unhappy in relation to what Krejlooc is talking about

Right, he clearly doesn't like where the writers of the show are taking things, and is pissed as hell. He was going to stop watching out right, but they gave him some leaked bootleg eps of the trunks 2 saga and he's agreed to stick around for just a little while longer.

Arched was speaking hypothetically and you have run wild with the idea.

I have no idea when you stopped being serious or if you were trolling the whole time

There's a lot of projection going on in this post.

"Leaked bootleg eps" should have been the moment you all realized he was trolling.

I don't think I made it that far before completely dismissing the post.

Anyway in other news, Funi just released their catalog from now till December. Still no sign of Buu Saga Kai hopefully, it at least lands on Toonami by then.

olympia

it's krejlooc, who got banned and juniored so you never really know if he's sincere or not

GT isn't cannon

it's only not canon in the sense that toriyama didn't create the story and it's not based on the manga but otherwise, it's canonical to the db/z anime. toei hasn't come out and said that it's not canon or anything like that because that would be essentially be damaging a series that they are still selling by saying, "oh that doesn't count anymore". nor do i think they ever will, even though super is the new hotness.

it's only not canon in the sense that toriyama didn't create the story and it's not based on the manga but otherwise, it's canonical to the db/z anime. toei hasn't come out and said that it's not canon or anything like that because that would be essentially be damaging a series that they are still selling by saying, "oh that doesn't count anymore". nor do i think they ever will.
They've not said anything official obviously, but it's clear that GT and Super are not in the same continuity at the very least.

olympia

They've not said anything official obviously, but it's clear that GT and Super are not in the same continuity at the very least.

i was thinking about this and i was wondering what exactly makes them not part of the same continuity. not that its not there, i just straight up forgot/can't think of it. something other than ssg or ssb obvi

i was thinking about this and i was wondering what exactly makes them not part of the same continuity. not that its not there, i just straight up forgot/can't think of it. something other than ssg or ssb obvi
The hell depicted in Super would make the Super 17 saga impossible, that's probably one of the biggest.
Here's a new Xenoverse 2 trailer.

Confirming Metal Cooler and Time Breaker Freeza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjBiXiqX4U

I'm still annoyed that the Super Saiyan hair doesn't change at all besides becoming yellow like Xenoverse 1.
Stealth confirmation of Nail being playable too

olympia

Hell was never shown in the manga. The first time we've ever seen AT interpretation of it was in ROF.

i thought toriyama wrote notes about what hell was for the anime staff for filler in z, but i could be wrong about that

The hell depicted in Super would make the Super 17 saga impossible, that's probably one of the biggest.

i dunno if these are necessarily contradictory. the hell in RoF could have been just a section of hell, or something.

i mean, i doubt they will link super to GT, and i'm not sure if they will even link it to EoZ, but i don't think anything they have done really contradicts GT, other than SSB/SSG but even that doesn't necessarily and explicitly contradict GT

I'm talking about what Piccolo tells Vegeta will happen to him after he dies. That doesn't match up at all with what happens to Freeza.
Him saying he wouldn't keep his body? Who's to say Freeza had an actual body in hell? He's stuck in the cacoon and can't do anything, so he might as well not even have one, it could just be a representation of his body.

i thought toriyama wrote notes about what hell was for the anime staff for filler in z, but i could be wrong about that
He gave the staff sone random notes for filler ideas, but that doesn't mean the filler is canon to the manga. I don't remeber if the anime Hell was his idea. Either way, Toriyama's first depiction of Hell in his work was in F, and it fits better with the idea of the dead being powerless, waiting for reincarnation.

i dunno if these are necessarily contradictory. the hell in RoF could have been just a section of hell. depictions of hell aren't exactly consistent in db either
Freeza said he spent his whole time in hell at that tree.

i dunno if these are necessarily contradictory. the hell in RoF could have been just a section of hell, or something.

i mean, i doubt they will link super to GT, and i'm not sure if they will even link it to EoZ, but i don't think anything they have done really contradicts GT, other than SSB/SSG but even that doesn't necessarily and explicitly contradict GT
He did give notes for Hell in the Saiyan arc filler, but that's about it. There's still other continuity error's stuff like the Supreme Kai still being fused in GT while he separated in Super and the whole SSG and SGSS stuff.

Not to mention Frieza not going Gold in his fight with Goku in GT. I doubt AT remembers or even cares anything about GT.

Krejlooc

Banned
He did give notes for Hell in the Saiyan arc filler, but that's about it. There's still other continuity error's stuff like the Supreme Kai still being fused in GT while he separated in Super and the whole SSG and SGSS stuff.

Not to mention Frieza not going Gold in his fight with Goku in GT. I doubt AT remembers or even cares anything about GT.

Trunks and Goten have fused multiple times, why do you think it's impossible that they might not find another way for Kaioshin to accidentally fuse again? Super isn't over, you can't say Kaioshin won't be fused by the time Super ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom