• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Ahhh yeah that Frieza 4months training thing is yet another dumb plot contrivances that's just piling on the bad writing that plagues DBS. I don't know how some people keep defending these shit. This episode was dedicated to 17, yet they couldn't bother to hint what 17 do to massively boost his power level all these years. Just a single line of "I didn't relax all these years" what the fuck does that even mean, because I don't see what kind of training you could do by yourself along with some regular human with guns and wild animals.

I don't know why people still watching these shit. DBS is a vomit that shouldn't have exist and is an insult to the entire DBS canon. I mean look at these shitty episode quality. Why? Why are people not boycotting it?

They fucked Trunks hair. They fucked Gohan's hair. And now they are fucking around with 17's power level!
sig-4353447.dragon-ball-super-ep-5-l.jpg

TrueBlue

I don't know why people still watching these shit. DBS is a vomit that shouldn't have exist and is an insult to the entire DBS canon. I mean look at these shitty episode quality. Why? Why are people not boycotting it?

They fucked Trunks hair. They fucked Gohan's hair. And now they are fucking around with 17's power level!

?

He

Can

Not

Feel

Ki

Even if he notices genocide, how do you suggest he finds Buu ? The whole saga before earth was destroyed took place in one single day in the manga. Or rather the second day didn't even finish/barely started.

Is that good enough of an explanation ?

I'm shocked you're satisfied with it. Let me ask you about Buus genocide attack
How hard is it to see a million streaks of light cross the sky, and then look in the direction they all came from?

Yes I love those bad screenshot of episode 5 when we are in episode 86. Trunks hair was blue in the manga and toriyama chose that hair colour for the arc. Gohan's going to get his hair back once he gets his mystic form back I think. Here's the thing while DBS is not perfect, to me it's a proper continuation of Dragonball. And if you don't like this show why would you post here. I'm not trying to defend the show it say any negative opinion of it is not valid, but if you just come here to shit on it why continue watching it then.

Edit: wait was it a joke post then sorry.

Slaythe

I'm shocked you're satisfied with it. Let me ask you about Buus genocide attack
How hard is it to see a million streaks of light cross the sky, and then look in the direction they all came from?

Because the streaks of lights have their own course.

4528ffa6aaea28a9233cce11c1ad2c06.png

But that's not all. It's also physically impossible to see Kami's lookout from earth.

Considering it's well beyond Karin's tower. Itself far from anybody's vision.

36891b6acecf34ac672cc50491cac0b6.png

These characters can technically fly around the planet in a matter of seconds.

I'd also imagine that the vibrations of most attacks wouldn't be hard to follow.

Slaythe

These characters can technically fly around the planet in a matter of seconds.

I'd also imagine that the vibrations of most attacks wouldn't be hard to follow.

Well it's not like 17 had any chance to find them at Kami's lookout or within the HTC chamber since he had no idea those existed.

And he can't feel anything, he didn't feel cell coming, he has no reason to "feel" buu.

edit :

woooooow

That's how 17 knows Trunks. He saw him with Piccolo through Babidi and they gave his name.

Because the streaks of lights have their own course.

https://i.gyazo.com/4528ffa6aaea28a9233cce11c1ad2c0

But that's not all. It's also physically impossible to see Kami's lookout from earth.

Considering it's well beyond snip [/QUOTE]

I'm not even gonna argue semantics. Put yourself in 17s shoes. You know something big is attacking cause you are not blind. What do you do?
if it's jusr run around desperately but fail to find Buu before earth goes bang, fine. I'll take a scene of that as explanation.
But oh he couldn't sense energy end of story-fuck that. This needs to be actually addressed and not waved off.

Slaythe

I'm not even gonna argue semantics. Put yourself in 17s shoes. You know something big is attacking cause you are not blind. What do you do?
if it's jusr run around desperately but fail to find Buu before earth goes bang, fine. I'll take a scene of that as explanation.
But oh he couldn't sense energy end of story-fuck that. This needs to be actually addressed and not waved off.

Also this is very retarded, if he were on some island, he probably didn't even see the attack in the first place because Buu definitely did not feel him. Buu said he targeted "all humans" so he wasn't aiming at animals.

And the point remains, how do you suggest he finds them when they were at kami's lookout, the HTC, and then only a couple of hours happened without any fight when Buu was hiding from Gohan.

For the record, Gotenks' super saiyan 3 lasted less than 10 minutes in the manga so yeah the anime stretched it.

Slaythe

How long has the lookout been able to move?

Probably forever but that's the first time we see it do that.

Also nevermind, Babidi got the names of Trunks and Goten, so I guess that's not how 17 knew.

edit :

no wait nevermind, he got their names through telepathy but gave Trunks' name out loud.

caliph95

It probably had no reason to move until now. Don't know about DB, but i don't the lookout ever needed to move when you characters that can fly and teleport

Also this is very retarded, if he were on some island, he probably didn't even see the attack in the first place because Buu definitely did not feel him. Buu said he targeted "all humans" so he wasn't aiming at animals.

And the point remains, how do you suggest he finds them when they were at kami's lookout, the HTC, and then only a couple of hours happened without any fight when Buu was hiding from Gohan.

For the record, Gotenks' super saiyan 3 lasted less than 10 minutes in the manga so yeah the anime stretched it.

Are you agreeing with me right now? The picture suggests you are, then you are back on the *it's impossible for 17 to notice anything* wagon. You even brought up the babidi world wide telepathy I even forgot about so I don't even...
I'm not saying I want any specific exposition here... Just more about this, and from the show. That okay?

Chille

Probably forever but that's the first time we see it do that.

Also nevermind, Babidi got the names of Trunks and Goten, so I guess that's not how 17 knew.

edit :

no wait nevermind, he got their names through telepathy but gave Trunks' name out loud.

What if he just guessed? Future Trunks went Super Saiyan against him, which means he had to be a kid of either Vegeta or Goku, and as he looks nothing like Goku...

edit watching the scene again Trunks shouts out Fatheerrrr

Slaythe

Are you agreeing with me right now? The picture suggests you are, then you are back on the *it's impossible for 17 to notice anything* wagon. You even brought up the babidi world wide telepathy I even forgot about so I don't even...
I'm not saying I want any specific exposition here... Just more about this, and from the show. That okay?

The picture says that even though he has the power to do something, he won't fight fatality.

He probably didn't care when Buu threatened the Z warriors and some cities because

1) He figured the heroes would save the day since he saw Piccolo

2) He knew about the Dragon Balls since he got resurrected by them, so those victims were not permanently dead

3) Trunks and Goten talked to everybody through telepathy and said they'd come kick their ass

4) Goku actually showed up and Babidi died right after, ending telepathy

When the actual genocide happened, he had virtually no way to find Buu.

Last but not least, nothing implies he was at this level back in the Buu saga.

What if he just guessed? Future Trunks went Super Saiyan against him, which means he had to be a kid of either Vegeta or Goku, and as he looks nothing like Goku...

He never heard the name of future Trunks. That's the point.

My guess is that he could still hear what was going on after he got absorbed by Cell, that would also be an in universe explanation for why 17 said "That's a voice I haven't heard in a long time" when Goku was asking for energy for the Spirit Bomb against Buu.

Chille

The picture says that even though he has the power to do something, he won't fight fatality.

He probably didn't care when Buu threatened the Z warriors and some cities because

2) He knew about the Dragon Balls since he got resurrected by them, so those victims were not permanently dead

3) Trunks and Goten talked to everybody through telepathy and said they'd come kick their ass

But he would of heard him shout Father though

Slaythe

I feel like people are underestimating Dr Gero. When he said he wanted to create the ultimate being he wasn't kidding.

What's funnier is that Cell time traveled right when 17 came out of his slumber.

If present cell wasn't killed by Trunks and woke up today and managed to absorb 17.............

brinstar

I also want to add that just because 17 is strong doesn't mean he's under any obligation to actually use his strength for anything. We weren't wondering why he didn't show up for Boo before so I don't see why it matters now that he's stronger. All the power in the world doesn't mean a thing if you literally don't care about the situation at hand.

Slaythe

But he would of heard him shout Father though

But how would he know that Vegeta's son is named Trunks ?

"I know who Trunks is. But who is Goten ?"

How would he infer from a "FATHER!!!" that this dude's name is Trunks ?

edit :

I'm done even trying with GAF glitching with the hour, don't mind the double posts it's not on me. >_>

Kyzer

Banned

They fucked with their HAIR!? Boycotting this show immediately

Chille

But how would he know that Vegeta's son is named Trunks ?

"I know who Trunks is. But who is Goten ?"

How would he infer from a "FATHER!!!" that this dude's name is Trunks ?

edit :

I'm done even trying with GAF glitching with the hour, don't mind the double posts it's not on me. >_>

Dunno tbh I want to guess with the father thing and the theory that he could hear everything from inside Cell maybe? I mean he does merge with Cell so when he is split from him he should keep some of the memories of when they were one.

This is why I don't get what you're saying. because I've already said this... My initial point was the I don't care stuff might be a lead in to an explanation. And I noted the power up was an assumption already...
And I said I don't care what his response was to buu, I just want to see what it was.
what is your point?
You know what? Fine. If super gives me a scene where goku asks him why he didn't help with Buu, and he says "what the fuck is a buu?", whatever I'll take it.

NeonZ

Just wondering if I missed something during Z or if it happened in the OG DB series.

Nah, it's the first time it has done that. Although considering how Kami put together the moon after Roshi blew it up, it doesn't seem like something beyond their established abilities.

Slaythe

This is why I don't get what you're saying. because I've already said this... My initial point was the I don't care stuff might be a lead in to an explanation. And I noted the power up was an assumption already...
And I said I don't care what his response was to buu, I just want to see what it was.
what is your point?
You know what? Fine. If super gives me a scene where goku asks him why he didn't help with Buu, and he says "what the fuck is a buu?", whatever I'll take it.

And how do you suggest that happens since everybody outside the those that were in front of Shenron forgot about Buu ? Your last suggestion is the only thing that can happen.

I also want to add that just because 17 is strong doesn't mean he's under any obligation to actually use his strength for anything. We weren't wondering why he didn't show up for Boo before so I don't see why it matters now that he's stronger. All the power in the world doesn't mean a thing if you literally don't care about the situation at hand.

There's also the fact that he didn't mind everyone getting erased at the same time after Goku explained the situation with the tourney.

Neoxon

Oh look, a new OT.

Anyway, I enjoyed the recent episode. It was nice to see 17 again, though I didn't expect him to rival Goku in power.

And how do you suggest that happens since everybody outside the those that were in front of Shenron forgot about Buu ? Your last suggestion is the only thing that can happen.

Now that is a solid point.
But you are missing the point of exposition. It's to explain to the audience, not the characters.
We haven't had the buu saga wished out of our minds. And we've now been told an exceptionally strong character was there during the buu saga. And may have been as strong back then as now. We have no info against it.
Remember, most thought 17 was dead, there's even a disclaimer in this very OT about it. It begs the question.... what's up with that?
Are you really telling me that this is an over the top thing to want?

Slaythe

Now that is a solid point.
But you are missing the point of exposition. It's to explain to the audience, not the characters.
We haven't had the buu saga wished out of our minds. And we've now been told an exceptionally strong character was there during the buu saga. And may have been as strong back then as now. We have no info against it.
Remember, most thought 17 was dead, there's even a disclaimer in this very OT about it. It begs the question.... what's up with that?
Are you really telling me that this is an over the top thing to want?

We still don't know what the fuck Blue is. I wouldn't say that's their strong suit :p .

17's whereabouts during Buu are completely irrelevant to virtually anything going on currently.

It could have been relevant if 17 had remembered Buu upon meeting him, but since he won't remember him, it's pointless.

They never give indirect exposition to the viewers anyway unless it's directly connected to the on going plot. They always have characters share information themselves otherwise.

We need to just ignore the whole universe-destroying punches thing (or ignore the notion that goku retained his god power and just act like he received a MASSIVE powerup to his base form - enough to bring his base power up to the level of gotenks - but nowhere near the power he wielded as a god.) There have been many, MANY opponents since then who have been able to spar with Goku and Vegeta in Super Saiyan Blue, or even outright beat them (Golden Frieza was one).

Or, treat the universe destruction as a byproduct of two gods clashing, rather than a result of their power levels.

I mean, Toei has always fucked up this kind of thing. Freaking Yamcha was taking on Olibu and Paikuhan at the same time, and Paikuhan one shot Super Perfect Cell.

I support this 100%. That was far more damaging to the DB universe than Blue getting trivialized by 17. If most of the fighters in the Universe Tournament are around universe punching level, how can the universe handle that? To me, Goku keeping that level of power is clearly the more frustrating part of Super over Blue becoming uneventful

Servbot24

Banned
17 was stated to have more potential than 18.

But 18 can probably get a whole lot stronger too yes.

I don't doubt they can improve, but 17 was exponentially weaker than Cell, who was exponentially weaker than Buu, who was exponentially weaker than SSJG Goku, and now 17 can spar with Goku just that easily? I wish characters in this show had to work for it. Instead they just get granted insane power boosts simply because the writer put himself in a corner.

He's likely trained in the past 13ish years since we saw him last.

Yeah, on a farm against humans. Goku and Vegeta have been training against gods and ultimate fighters from other universes.

Slaythe

I don't doubt they can improve, but 17 was exponentially weaker than Cell, who was exponentially weaker than Buu, who was exponentially weaker than SSJG Goku, and now 17 can spar with Goku just that easily? I wish characters in this show had to work for it. Instead they just get granted insane power boosts simply because the writer put himself in a corner.

Yeah, on a farm against humans. Goku and Vegeta have been training against gods.

Cell was a lot weaker than 17, he had to absorb millions of people to outclass him. But he also time traveled, and showed up literally right when 17 awakened.

Goku started off with a "power level" of 5 units. He came that far.

But 17 started being stronger than regular super saiyans and Frieza, and also has a biology that grants him infinite stamina, so we have no idea how training affects him.

It's been 13 years, he says he hasn't been slacking off. Frieza and Trunks showed they could match Blue levels relatively easily.

17 has no reason to be far behind.

Just watched yesterday's episode. I liked it. I feel like they're making DB earth mysterious again, with Popo straight telling Goku he's not up to speed anymore. With DBZ always getting closer to its end i was ok with progressively more cataclysmic enemies, but super's been great about doing awesome things with small scale threats. I really liked 17, and i can't wait for his reunion with the rest of the cast.

As for power scales, Frieza Gold is Canon, so we have to assume that someone's ability to match super saiyan blue has to be related to their natural power levels, an also greatly effects the speed and effort required to reach that height.

Frieza was a beast, but 17 was at least twice as powerful at his base so in the world of Super him being as powerful as Blue makes a lot of sense. Buu was at least as powerful or more so than perfect cell when he debuted so he's theoretically able to reach blue much faster than the previous two.

Krillin has to have tapped into pseudo god ki with his meditation business from his ark, that's where his jump came from and everyone else is going to get the same thing. Even if Gohan never goes blue by this point the groundwork has been laid for all characters to reach Goku levels if they're either strong enough in their natural untrained states or willing to do the leg work to tap God ki. Even Yamcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom