• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the episode
This pride troopers are laaaaame
Call themselves pride troopers and talk about justice..... Fight 2vs1 or 5vs2
Fuck those guys

Why? I mean its stupid to fight 1vs1 when the whole universe is at risk.

Their fatal flaw is losing their members to save energy

almost all of these "special techniques" have been getting shitted on by people powering through them with brute force.

Absolute Zero? power up
Iron Skin? power up
Solar Flare? lol im blind
Dimensional warping? power up
Invulnerablity? power up and punch him more
exploding ki threads? power up
time skip? go faster
go fast? "improve"
love mist? be stoic

being fucking strong seems to have a much better track record

DGv3HzzV0AEhPy9.jpg:large

daveo42

Banned
Finally caught up on the show.

I'm actually glad most of these fights aren't drawn out and are relatively snappy. Animation has been...well there's that Super Shenron right? It actually has been good outside of some real real bad things here and there. This whole Tournament of Power has been one of the more interesting parts with the variety of characters (love me some Universe 2).

I expect Hit to get outted by Jiren to show off just how much a badass Mr. DoNothing has been since the start.

Espada

Finally caught up on the show.

I'm actually glad most of these fights aren't drawn out and are relatively snappy. Animation has been...well there's that Super Shenron right? It actually has been good outside of some real real bad things here and there. This whole Tournament of Power has been one of the more interesting parts with the variety of characters (love me some Universe 2).

I expect Hit to get outted by Jiren to show off just how much a badass Mr. DoNothing has been since the start.

Nah, it's going to be something else. I'm actually surprised Dyspo gave Hit such a hard time, so much so that I don't think we're going to get a Jiren vs Hit match. Whoever rings him out is probably going to give us an interesting match, though. That's not a character you toss out with a half-assed encounter.

As for Jiren proper? I think he's watching all the other fighters show off their moves and so on. Do we know what his power is? Could he be a copycat type of deal? I understand the reason why folks like Jiren and Frieza are strangely inactive is to keep the damn tournament interesting.

MKIL65

Do the characters not worry that they might vaporize their opponent, when they try to hit each other with a powerful Ki blast attack?

It's always the finishing move, when they try to knock an opponent off the ring, which honestly seems pretty risky to me.

Daingurse

Do the characters not worry that they might vaporize their opponent, when they try to hit each other with a powerful Ki blast attack?

It's always the finishing move, when they try to knock an opponent off the ring, which honestly seems pretty risky to me.

I imagine somebody is going to eventually kill a fighter unintentionally. Everybody must be holding back to some extent, or else they would be vaporizing each other with Ki attacks.

Jinroh

So is Jiren going to do anything outside of one shooting Kale? He doesn't look badass doing nothing while all his teammates get eliminated.

Also barely anything happens in the background. You have monsters like Frieza hanging around, and they barely did anything since the whole thing started.

Big One

Banned
You know what I'd like to see as a side story of some sort? Like some type of fan-manga that is. Do a what if on Future Trunks in his new timeline doing the Tournament of Power. Fans, get on this STAT. There's so much potential there.

The team could be...

Future Trunks BLUE
Future Trunks PURPLE
Yajirobe
Android 16 (he's found in Dr. Gero's old lab and reprogrammed by Future Bulma)
Shishami
Arale
Fused Namekian Race Guy from the Multiverse fan-comic
Afterlife Goku
Afterlife Vegeta
Afterlife Beerus (remember, Beerus died before Black attacked cause Dabura killed Shin, so he's no longer God of Destruction and is dead)

The other dead Z Fighters went to Heaven and lived happily ever after, while Goku and Vegeta continued to train in the afterlife due to their obsession with fighting. Beerus and Shin are new to being dead, so they kind of just...co-exist, as ex-gods.

So is Jiren going to do anything outside of one shooting Kale? He doesn't look badass doing nothing while all his teammates get eliminated.

Also barely anything happens in the background. You have monsters like Frieza hanging around, and they barely did anything since the whole thing started.

Frieza isn't the main character now is he. He'll get his shine.

Ash735

Don't know what some of you are talking about, Universe 11 was on point, Dyspo figured out how to beat Hit's time skip in a very Dragon Ball way, actually liked how they had them talking down their strats, unlike how Goku "beat" Hit by just powering up, and Hit's comeback of not just "getting better" but by NOT relying on Time Skip all the time and actually forcing himself to mix his moves to not be as easily read by Dyspo was just brilliant to see, it really was a good fight until that asshole Goku had to jump in out of nowhere again because he's got to ruin things. Again just brushed aside by everyone like they've already seen it multiple times in universe "Oh yeah, he's switching back and forth between SSG and SSB now, it's good that he's doing that again". Meanwhile Goku is all like...

Rb9PVUN.jpg

Soo listen...
Can I Fight You?
Can I Fight You?
Can I?
My body is itchin'
Can I Fight You?
Can I?
Fight You?
Can I Fight You?
I see you guys are fighting
Can I Fight You?

LordOfChaos

"Bring my vuvuzela", bahahaha dead.

I'm going to ignore that a single pebble traveling at above C hitting anything would obliterate all matter for miles and miles, with Hit's Ki stopped 99.999999% of it...Or something.

I knew I'd like the Hit feature episode... I think a micro series of him would be great, he's a thousand years old and must have seen shit on the tier of every arc in Z many times over.

Also where the crap was Cabba

Skeeter49

You know what I'd like to see as a side story of some sort? Like some type of fan-manga that is. Do a what if on Future Trunks in his new timeline doing the Tournament of Power. Fans, get on this STAT. There's so much potential there.

The team could be...

Future Trunks BLUE
Future Trunks PURPLE
Yajirobe
Android 16 (he's found in Dr. Gero's old lab and reprogrammed by Future Bulma)
Shishami
Arale
Fused Namekian Race Guy from the Multiverse fan-comic
Afterlife Goku
Afterlife Vegeta
Afterlife Beerus (remember, Beerus died before Black attacked cause Dabura killed Shin, so he's no longer God of Destruction and is dead)

The other dead Z Fighters went to Heaven and lived happily ever after, while Goku and Vegeta continued to train in the afterlife due to their obsession with fighting. Beerus and Shin are new to being dead, so they kind of just...co-exist, as ex-gods.
You're missing Future Gohan :(

caliph95

Don't know what some of you are talking about, Universe 11 was on point, Dyspo figured out how to beat Hit's time skip in a very Dragon Ball way, actually liked how they had them talking down their strats, unlike how Goku "beat" Hit by just powering up, and Hit's comeback of not just "getting better" but by NOT relying on Time Skip all the time and actually forcing himself to mix his moves to not be as easily read by Dyspo was just brilliant to see, it really was a good fight until that asshole Goku had to jump in out of nowhere again because he's got to ruin things. Again just brushed aside by everyone like they've already seen it multiple times in universe "Oh yeah, he's switching back and forth between SSG and SSB now, it's good that he's doing that again". Meanwhile Goku is all like...

Rb9PVUN.jpg

Soo listen...
Can I Fight You?
Can I Fight You?
Can I?
My body is itchin'
Can I Fight You?
Can I?
Fight You?
Can I Fight You?
I see you guys are fighting
Can I Fight You?
Why is Goku the worst we were having fun

Skeeter49

Whenever Goku helps U6 he should go SSG.

Whenever Goku helps U7 he should go SSB.

That way SSG can be when he's trying to help U6 in disguise.

sirap

I'll use SSG to conserve energy!

Bursts into Blue for a power shot.

Beerus & Whis : "Excellent strategy."

Completely forgets said strategy after using it once, turns to Blue, tanks explosions and proceeds to spam a million ki blasts.

LordOfChaos

After the fake-out time skip, Hit did a real one and it worked against Dyspo.

Which is weird, because in the anime Goku just kept getting faster within the time skip...Dyspo should have been well above that?

I think the anime wrote itself into some weird corners with a few things in that u6 tournament Hit part.

Anywho:
https://streamable.com/bzr91

Khansolo1

So I read that vegeta can do this in the manga. How??.
You need to do the ritual to transform into SSG. I can buy that since goku went through the ritual he would know how to transform into super Saiyan God.
Did Vegeta also go through the ritual in the manga?

NeonZ

You need to do the ritual to transform into SSG. I can buy that since goku went through the ritual he would know how to transform into super Saiyan God.

The first arc's remake of BoGs in the manga was very rushed and mostly there to insert scenes foreshadowing Champa and Revival F(which the manga doesn't even cover). Anyway, all the stuff about Vegeta disliking the ritual and achieving SSB without it was only said in the anime. It's nowhere in the manga or the original movies.

dlauv

Did Vegeta also go through the ritual in the manga?

Shh, he attained god ki "On his own." It's badass.

Azerare

Shh, he attained god ki "On his own." It's badass.
Well at least in the BoG arc it's shown that Getes at the time had a higher threshold of possibility. He actually managed to get hits on Beerus with Bulma rage.

Goku couldn't do anything until the ritual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom