• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

One of my most anticipated games of the year. Sure do hope its more like Drakengard 1 than Drakengard 2 (storywise).

La la la, the Watchers!

Going to Gamefly the heck out of this. I've never playe the first two and didn't particularly enjoy Nier as much as some, but I think I'll have a good time with this.

If nothing else, the characters, voice acting and music all seem to be pretty good. Those can usually be enough for me to get through most games.

JJP12

Great OT! I've never played a Drakengard game before. The trailer I watched when the localization was announced basically was all it took for me to want this game. From what I saw the combat looks sort of dynasty warriors-ish which would be great because I love that series. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Yawnier

Banned
I loved Drakengard 2 and Nier (never played Drakengard 1), and I'm looking forward to this although I may not bother picking it up for a little while because of how little free time I'm going to have for the next several weeks :(.

Nice job on the OT!

Are the novellas on the Square Enix page something that shouldn't be read until completing the game or are they fine to look at beforehand?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'll definitely pick this up sometime in the future but what is it with the blood hitting the screen ? Please tell me you can turn that shit off.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'll be paying attention to this thread for the reactions to the final stage. :)

I did enjoy the game for the most part but after doing that I'm not in much hurry to replay the game... maybe next year. It's true that the game's plot is kind of awful taken on it's own, all of the really interesting stuff happens in the manga/novels. Dialogue is really fun though.

Szadek

Wish Square Enix EU would hurry up and ship my copy. Seems like they're leaving it a bit late.
You should check "My account" on the store page.For some reasons they don't sent confirmation emails.

Pre-ordered the CE day 1,I hope it arrives next week.

RyudBoy

I never played a Drakengard game before, but I enjoyed Nier, even though the gameplay felt kind of bland. Wish I still had a PS3, I'd love to play this.

I did enjoy the game for the most part but after doing that I'm not in much hurry to replay the game... maybe next year. It's true that the game's plot is kind of awful taken on it's own, all of the really interesting stuff happens in the manga/novels. Dialogue is really fun though.

Yeah, lemme speak bout this Decadus guy rite quick:
I wish I could've been there to see exactly what the VA was instructed to do.
Voice Director: "Now, I want you to say every line like you're on the verge of climax."

His thirst is real.

NEO0MJ

While I don't think I'll play this game I'm interested in something. Why does the heroine have a flower growing out of her eye?

eXistor

For anyone in Europe wanting a physical copy, I suggest ordering at VG+. All in all it's slightly cheaper than downloading and you get a boxed version. Win-win really.

Great OT. My copy is sitting on my hard drive, waiting to unlock. Only 30 English pounds on my US account. Bargain!

Being a massive fan of Jank but gold games - I'm gonna love the fuck outta this.

On one hand I'm excited about playing this because holy shit a new Drakengard game but on the other the impressions have been mostly poor and I saw the video of the new rhythm game section ;-;

K.Sabot

Ain't gonna quote you because it'd reveal the spoiler, but I would like to note that

TheSpoiler

(Today, 02:16 AM)

kn1ves24

So I impulse bought the CE version of this game way back in February and didn't think much about it after that. According to DR my copy SHOULD come Wednesday.

Question I have is, I never played any of the previous games. Is this going to put me at a disadvantage story-wise in this game? From what I've seen I was thinking it wouldn't but now I'm not sure.

I'm wondering if its worth picking up the older games. D2 looks pretty interesting.

Also whats up with the CE prices on ebay for this game? They are asking like 200 dollars.

cj_iwakura

So I impulse bought the CE version of this game way back in February and didn't think much about it after that. According to DR my copy SHOULD come Wednesday.

Question I have is, I never played any of the previous games. Is this going to put me at a disadvantage story-wise in this game? From what I've seen I was thinking it wouldn't but now I'm not sure.

I'm wondering if its worth picking up the older games. D2 looks pretty interesting.

Also whats up with the CE prices on ebay for this game? They are asking like 200 dollars.

D2 is almost generic JRPG level. Taro wasn't involved, avoid it. D1 is unforgettable, that's one way of putting it.

There's no connections to D3 though, even if part of me hopes Caim and Angelus will show up breaking faces.

K.Sabot

It's a prequel so no. I like the other games, but they get a lot of shit for being clunky. D2 is better than D1 from a mechanical standpoint, but the story is not as entertaining. Both have killer soundtracks and interesting characters though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any impressions/reviews from those who played the JP version?

Fk. They finally started givin' me silver base materials and I hardly ever have the money. :(

Also, is there a way to tell what combo strings a weapon will have ahead of time? Imo, within at least two weapon sets, one combo string is infinitely better than the other as far as usefulness and building up the combo counter. Is it based on the weapons initial size of something? I'd switch back to one of my initial weapons if not for the gap in the attack power.

kn1ves24

It's a prequel so no. I like the other games, but they get a lot of shit for being clunky. D2 is better than D1 from a mechanical standpoint, but the story is not as entertaining. Both have killer soundtracks and interesting characters though.

OK. Maybe I'll try grabbing D1 at some point since it seems to be fairly cheap. I just didn't want to start this one first if it would have been worth while to play the previous games first.

Top Bottom