• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

kaioshade

Well, my copy from Digital River has arrived, right on schedule. For a supposedly shit company, everything was handled quite smoothly. Can't say this was a bad experience, maybe i got lucky.

Are they not going to sell the Japanese audio DLC separately? All they have now is a $65 digital collector's edition that includes all the pre-order DLC. I really hope they aren't going to make people pay an extra $15 for it...

fvng

I'm of the same mindset, and I was expecting this game to have visual issues, but I didn't expect the framerate issues to be so noticeable. It wasn't as consistent as say New Little King's Story on Vita, but it was frequent enough for me to not consider it like a "GREAT game", but it's definitely worth playing.

I mentioned in my review how Zero's feet are basically always floating an inch above the ground, regardless of the environment. I also noticed some other weird things, like roots of trees that I could walk through, enemies that I flung away from a combo getting stuck in non-accessible parts of the field, and so on.

Thankfully the game considered them dead, so I could move onto the next area but if I had to restart due to them getting stuck, I would've lost my shit.

I think your post requires some spoiler tags?

For me it's like it's different. I'm the type of person that will put up with a film with mediocre production values if the story, script & acting are excellent. Likewise, I don't need a game to have Frostbite level graphics as long as the most important components of the game are great and enough to keep me engaged (namely great characters, great script, great music, great story)

All these factors would compensate for par or mediocre graphics. In terms of gameplay, it doesn't need to break new ground either, I would put up with competent gameplay as long as the all the aforementioned components were outstanding.

Wereroku

Are they not going to sell the Japanese audio DLC separately? All they have now is a $65 digital collector's edition that includes all the pre-order DLC. I really hope they aren't going to make people pay an extra $15 for it...

The playstation blog post made it sound like it was already up.

Dat music. Emi Evans rules.

I wish I wasn't broke, I need this game in my life. Yet another gem for the PS3's library. Japan keeping the good old console alive with style.

Avallon

It's up on the store for $5

kn1ves24

I have a question for those of you that have beaten the game or gotten farther than the first chapter.

Does the difficulty ramp up at all? As of right now stuff has been a cake walk.

Zafir

On the Square Enix Europe blog they've posted this -

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up that our system unfortunately doesn't send out dispatch emails at the moment. If your order is listed as having been sent to the warehouse, its entirely likely that it has already been dispatched by now and should be poking through your letterbox in the very near future!

Hope that's the case. Release day is meant to be tomorrow in the UK. :x

I contacted S-E support who pointed me in the direction of Digital River support as they handle all of the DLC e-mails. After talking to DR and sent them an e-mail with a screen shot of the promotion (wave 1-3) I was e-mailed out the codes... I ordered on Dec 19th. Your mileage may very.

To save anyone else the time here is the contact info: S-E 310-846-0345, DR 866-585-3251, DR E-mail squareenix.us.cs@digitalriver.com
That's AWESOME. I'm really glad they were able to help you out, if I see anyone else with the same issue I will definitely show them this post :D

There is absolutely nothing in that post that could be taken as a spoiler, unless people don't want to know there are tree enemies.

Eirulan

Hi all,

quick question:
do the NA physical and EU digital version have seperate or shared trophy lists?
I'm from europe and pre-ordered the disc from canada, but fear I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks before I get this (shipped yesterday).
So I thought about getting the digital version too from the EU PSN store. It would be an easy double dip if those two versions have seperate trophy lists...

Does anybody know??

Amon-Lau

Shipment was pretty much on time for the most part, so far I've been pretty lucky dealing with DR... :3
Of course now I gotta wait 4-5 days for Aramex to ship it for me from New York~ :p

Got my CE in just a few minutes ago.

Now I'm getting on the PSN Store to get the other DLC I don't have and I'll be good to go.

for now xD

I'm torn on this one. Story and characters sounds interesting but gameplay sounds shallow. I usually only like action games if they have good RPG leveling or upgrading mechanics to back them up.

For me it's like it's different. I'm the type of person that will put up with a film with mediocre production values if the story, script & acting are excellent. Likewise, I don't need a game to have Frostbite level graphics as long as the most important components of the game are great and enough to keep me engaged (namely great characters, great script, great music, great story)

All these factors would compensate for par or mediocre graphics. In terms of gameplay, it doesn't need to break new ground either, I would put up with competent gameplay as long as the all the aforementioned components were outstanding.

Well I can appreciate games with shoddy production values, whether they're intentional or not. My only gripe with DG3 was that when it happens with the cutscenes, or the load screens interrupt the action/story, it just devalued the experience to me. If those things didn't happen and it had low PQ but with a solid performance, I'd be happy.

There is absolutely nothing in that post that could be taken as a spoiler, unless people don't want to know there are tree enemies.

Yeah I'm sorry about that lol. If I was talking about an enemy type I would have definitely put spoiler tags around it, I didn't even mention specific enemy types in my review either, other than the human soldiers that were shown in trailers/screens.

When I meant tree roots I literally meant like tree roots in the environment that I could literally walk through lolol. It wasn't a common thing, but I usually find stuff like that in games as I usually explore every nook and cranny within the environments.

DPtheGod

no way.

Having played since friday, I'm practically almost done with all trophies (except a couple of grinds, and 2 survival fights) and I'm at a little over 30 hours.

Holy crap, really? :(

I was going off of one of the reviews in the OT. Man, now I am worried!

Has this been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6xCLlF5dY

Interview with Taro Yoko(as a puppet!) where he talks about his thoughts about video games/violence/Drakengard/Nier. Really interesting.
Oh man, the puppet's mannerisms hahahaha.

Well that was really interesting. Watching that made me a little sad when I remembered he ended up losing his job, and that I really hope he gets to make a Drakengard 4, if only for his own sake and to hopefully try and answer questions he's been asking himself for the past 10 years.

fvng

I can't believe how much they charge for shipping, shipped in a cheap yellow envelope. If they shipped via the USPS, it would have only cost about $3-$5 tops

Paid $12 to ship something that weighed 7oz

kn1ves24

I can't believe how much they charge for shipping, shipped in a cheap yellow envelope. If they shipped via the USPS, it would have only cost about $3-$5 tops

Paid $12 to ship something that weighed 7oz

I was charged $12 for shipping. Mine came USPS and was in a standard brown shipping box stuffed with paper. They basically pocketed $6 for nothing.

Does the physical copy come with a manual? Going to go try to find a copy at best buy, really bummed about missing out on the CE but such is life

koutoru

Does the physical copy come with a manual? Going to go try to find a copy at best buy, really bummed about missing out on the CE but such is life
If by manual you mean a folded piece of paper outlineing the warnings and warranties, then yes.

I just got my copy and saw that's what it had.

Well, my CE has been delivered according to USPS, but before my address change request could take effect. Unless a miracle happens where my old residence tries to get it sent to my current place (especially after I told them about the situation), I have just wasted $100.

And it's gonna take a while for Gamefly to send me a copy. Damn it all.

fvng

I was charged $12 for shipping. Mine came USPS and was in a standard brown shipping box stuffed with paper. They basically pocketed $6 for nothing.

Same here, they really squeeze every penny. I feel like if I went to digital river headquarters it would be just a guy in his apartment, and his sister as his secretary, and all the phone support is obviously outsourced to india.

So if they pocket $6 for 5,000 orders of this game, that's about $30,000 dollars in revenue for them. I HATE digital river

fvng

Hi, can I please have confirmation of something. Are the DLC codes included in the box, or were they emailed? If I buy a collector's edition on eBay, will those codes be included inside the box?

Yasumi

Banned
Has this been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6xCLlF5dY

Interview with Taro Yoko(as a puppet!) where he talks about his thoughts about video games/violence/Drakengard/Nier. Really interesting.
I was actually thinking of making a separate thread for this. He's got some really unique views on the gaming industry as whole.

Hi, can I please have confirmation of something. Are the DLC codes included in the box, or were they emailed? If I buy a collector's edition on eBay, will those codes be included inside the box?
One DLC story, Emil head, and Caim costume code comes in the box. Everything else was emailed.

fvng

I was actually thinking of making a separate thread for this. He's got some really unique views on the gaming industry as whole.

One DLC story, Emil head, and Caim costume code comes in the box. Everything else was emailed.

That puppet interview deserves it's own thread

Gbraga

I pre-ordered it digitally from the S-E store but still didn't get my code, am I the only one or they didn't send it yet?

I don't mind the delay since it'll still be a while before I play it, but if there's something wrong with my order, I need to contact them.

I got the DLC codes along with everyone else.

Top Bottom