• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSi Ware lineup + AMAZING "Made in Ore" details.

Jonnyram

A Link to the Snitch said:
So, is Made in Ore pretty much just a game-making software? With no premade microgames or a premade plot of some sort?
No. Of course there'll be pre-made games. It would be like Band Bros without any pre-made music.

Just checking.

Also, I want to make sure I'm getting this right:

Could I make a Microgame that features a Pokémon battle which looks very close to the original GB battle visuals, where you have to do a variety of things, including "Use (move)", "Use (item)", or "Catch!"?

Neomoto

Is Made in Ore featured in the video btw? I tried to get the video working but for some reason I can't seem to view the video at all.

marwan

Banned
i wonder if the DSi would support SDHC memory cards that go up to 32GB.

sdhc-32gb.png

marwan

Banned
oh my god,where are insane DS ques we're used to?

DSCF0283.JPG

something is definitely wrong.....unless the DS magic wore off as they introduced the DSi. strange@

Mik2121

marwan said:
oh my god,where are insane DS ques we're used to?

DSCF0283.JPG

something is definitely wrong.....unless the DS magic wore off as they introduced the DSi. strange@

I live 10 minutes from that store, lol.

marwan

Banned
Mik2121 said:
I live 10 minutes from that store, lol.

what's going on man? why aren't the Japanese excited about the DSi since the DS has been selling like hot cakes...and specially the holiday season is just around the corner.

Mik2121

marwan said:
what's going on man? why aren't the Japanese excited about the DSi since the DS has been selling like hot cakes...and specially the holiday season is just around the corner.

Well, as far as I've read, most stores had it for pre-order purchase only. Also, while I barely check 2ch, I did it just now to see what was going on and there was one DSi thread but without many replies, and most of them were talking about how the DSLite was better because it's cheaper and it has GBA retro compatibility. In fact I was thinking about getting the DSi but seeing how GBA games won't work, I just rather wait.

Anyway, DSi will probably start selling like crazy once they start releasing software specific for it (something on the lines of a digital diary where you can add the pics you take with the cam, maybe?). But let's wait for the month sales to see how it really did.

Btw, in my class (design) there are at least that I know, 6 japanese boys and 3 girls with the DS, out of 23 students. Two of them are always playing GBA games (as I do. Right now I'm with Super Mario Advance 2 (SMW)), the other people are either playing the new Pokemans or some rpg. And out of the 6 I've asked (my friends), none wants to get the DSi, lol.

apujanata

Mik2121 said:
Well, as far as I've read, most stores had it for pre-order purchase only. Also, while I barely check 2ch, I did it just now to see what was going on and there was one DSi thread but without many replies, and most of them were talking about how the DSLite was better because it's cheaper and it has GBA retro compatibility. In fact I was thinking about getting the DSi but seeing how GBA games won't work, I just rather wait.

Anyway, DSi will probably start selling like crazy once they start releasing software specific for it (something on the lines of a digital diary where you can add the pics you take with the cam, maybe?). But let's wait for the month sales to see how it really did.

Btw, in my class (design) there are at least that I know, 6 japanese boys and 3 girls with the DS, out of 23 students. Two of them are always playing GBA games (as I do. Right now I'm with Super Mario Advance 2 (SMW)), the other people are either playing the new Pokemans or some rpg. And out of the 6 I've asked (my friends), none wants to get the DSi, lol.

I agree with you. Without DSi specific game, DSi's positive (camera, DSware, bigger screen) couldn't overcame it's negative (no GBA slot).

I might be in a minority here, but I haven't played any GBA game (on DS) since Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green, so I didn't really miss the missing GBA slot on DSi.

Top Bottom