• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Ricker

I don't know why, I'm having lots of trouble with the challenges. I'm trying to complete the fifteen for the trophies Apparently I'm bad under pressure, because I can't stick 15 zombies on spikes quick enough.

They are quite...challenging ;)...I tried a few but was not even coming close so I stopped trying them...maybe when I am closer to level 20 on all 3 skill trees...

Mr Moose

I got the game yesterday, enjoying it so far [PS4 version]. I think that's when the AF update happened in the UK? So good timing for me lol.

Took a few shots to compare to the DF images without the update.

iLvNd2uRYDoc6.jpg

iqH2kYF5UlXi9.png

inO7vT0piojKP.jpg

ibzsDmXZXdKKts.png

I'm about to hop on and play more now. Takes me forever to beat zombies to death :<

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I found some in a building somewhere too, when I was a really high level.

Badgerst3

Such a really great game. Just got grappling hook- I am like far cry/Spider-Man with toxic hatchet. Even the side quests are intriguing.

This niche genre of parkour zombie fps/open world really needs a sequel.

Paskil

I'm on PS4 and just need two trophies for platinum, the two co-op competetition trophies (compete in 10 and win 7). If anyone else needs this, please send me an friend invite:

Sepherlawls is my psn ID.

Having difficulty finding random people to complete this.

Ricker

Such a really great game. Just got grappling hook- I am like far cry/Spider-Man with toxic hatchet. Even the side quests are intriguing.

This niche genre of parkour zombie fps/open world really needs a sequel.

Maybe it will be Dead Island 2...since they are doing that one also,it should be awesome...but with the success of Dying Light,will they go with both franchise or concentrate on only one after,that is the question ;)

Took me forever to find the damn meteorites for one of the sidequests lol...I love gathering stuff at night now,so much easier with the grappling Hook,although you still need to be careful...

Darker

Banned
I've got an odd bug. In Old Town, whenever I go into a building, you can hear rain/thunder outside, hitting the windows, etc. Step outside and it's clear as day (or night). Is this known?

void666

Banned
I love this game. I'm on my second playthrough. This time on hard.
A big difference is the medkit healing over time instead of instantly.
You can't just spam medkit and survive everything. You need to retreat and heal.

Not being able to see virals and volatiles on the mini map is also a big change. So many jump scares when i thought i'd be safe on top of some building.
Once it was a pitch black night and i was looking at the map to see where to go next. Well, map and inventory screens don't pause the game anymore. Big mistake.

Combat is brutal when you need to land several hits to kill a zombie. Menage stamina, dodge, retreat. I was so used to one shot everything on my first playthrough.
I hope i don't feel overpowered later on. I'm enjoying the challenge.

And i'll try not to use the grapling hook as i think it breaks the game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well so much for hard mode.

I was having fun with it, up until the point I realized that not only did they lengthen nighttime, but they significantly shortened daytime.

It's just not fun. I was fine with longer night. But I swear it just went from dawn to dusk in like 5 mins. lol. I honestly don;t like the night gameplay that much, I mean, I tolerate it. And I would have been fine with it taking up more of the gameplay... but now it dominates the gameplay.

No thanks.

KJRage

I have been trying for so long to get the platinum and I think I'm giving up. I had 2 trophies glitched, and I got the side story trophy to unlock, but the trespassing trophy seems like it will avoid me forever.

I've tried everything to get it to unlock with no success. Guess I'll just move on, unless they happen to come out with another patch to fix everything. Fun game though. I enjoyed it.

So I rented a physical copy of this game, just wanted to check it out. Well, I LOVE it.

So I want to purchase it. Will I have problems with my current save state if I buy a digital copy or should I play it safe and buy a disc?

Meneses

Enjoyed the game quite a bit, but wtf is it with these good games that (ending stuff spoiler)
make the final confontration a freaking QTE.

Finished this last night. Climax was a bit limp but this game was excellent the rest of the time!

One thing though, I was looking through the stats and saw a few quests that I cannot find on the map. Specifically Big Bang Thesis and Total Security. Can anyone help me find these things?

Liamc723

I jumped in after downloading the patch but the trophies I should have earned still haven't unlocked. Is there any way to sort this?

Anyone seen this and figured it out. Techland recently posted this.

It translates to:
Agent Crane, please find your latest log on details. Please maintain cover and do not distribute the aforementioned log-on details. Username: Kyle_Crane Password: Airdrop Good luck with the mission.

I got a code afterwards but have no clue how to use it.

ShamePain

Banned
Maybe it will be Dead Island 2...since they are doing that one also,it should be awesome...but with the success of Dying Light,will they go with both franchise or concentrate on only one after,that is the question ;)

Took me forever to find the damn meteorites for one of the sidequests lol...I love gathering stuff at night now,so much easier with the grappling Hook,although you still need to be careful...

Dead Island 2 is not developed by Techland and frankly doesn't look too good now.

jesu

Anyone seen this and figured it out. Techland recently posted this.

It translates to:
Agent Crane, please find your latest log on details. Please maintain cover and do not distribute the aforementioned log-on details. Username: Kyle_Crane Password: Airdrop Good luck with the mission.

I got a code afterwards but have no clue how to use it.

Cheers for that!
It's a docket code

https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com/account/redeem-codes

Gets you an in game weapon.

jesu

Very minor spoiler

zombie in a wardrobe

I've played for about 40 hours and that has only happened to me once. very near jumped out my skin, made me scream!

Ricker

Goddamn stupid save system...trying to do the Broadcast main quest where you have to find the access card for the Tower,I managed to kill everyone,including 2 pretty hard guys but the marker for the access card is just not pointing me to it...so after looking for it for 15 minutes,I had to stop...now I resume my game and all the ammo and grenades and stuff I used is gone but the damn ennemies are all back...

Where is that damn access card anyway.

Been playing this game for about a week and a half, Absolutely love it so far barring one part of one mission

After the arena fight, the walk in the open world while suffering ill antizen effects. Was awful, so boring and pointless, just show me a short movie about it if you want to do that, I'd have had the same amount of input into my own fate

But otherwise fantastic. And all the exploits seem to have been patched out which is good because I can't not use exploits if they're in a game so I've been playing it as intended

Denton

I just tried it again after some time and I see they nicely patched performance, getting 60fps with almost no drops where previously I was often at 40-50, plus fullscreen seems to be fully triplebuffered now, yay.

Ricker

No idea how to climb the rest of this Tower for the broadcast quest,I keep falling to my death,YouTube time again,those tower climb are awful.

JoeNut

Loving it so far, played 5 hours straight on Saturday and it is basically dead island crossed with mirrors edge.
The obligatory darkness bit close to the start absolutely shit me up, i am a total wuss when it comes to scary games and this was no difference. i play on a 110" projector screen with the Sony gold 5.1 headset in total darkness and i was terrified! ran like hell without looking back over my shoulder lol.

One thing that's annoying is that i cant find any Plastic anywhere, i mean really, its a post apocalyptic island but there is no spare plastic anywhere?

Vintage

No idea how to climb the rest of this Tower for the broadcast quest,I keep falling to my death,YouTube time again,those tower climb are awful.

Had some difficulties there myself, there was a ladder that I didn't see because didn't look like one.
Imo tower climbing is a double–edged sword: it's way more exciting than in Assassin's creed - it's actually scary and you have to think where you can climb instead of just pressing up all the time, but on the other hand it's very frustrating when you fall just because some edge looked climbable but wasn't.

JoeNut

so is it actually possible to unlock police vans right from the start of the game? i used 15 lockpicks and still couldnt get in one. there must be a block to stop you getting a gun too early or something?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A GRE PSA.

Funky physics for a day! Neat.
ha damn, gotta try this.

Well so much for hard mode.

I was having fun with it, up until the point I realized that not only did they lengthen nighttime, but they significantly shortened daytime.

It's just not fun. I was fine with longer night. But I swear it just went from dawn to dusk in like 5 mins. lol. I honestly don;t like the night gameplay that much, I mean, I tolerate it. And I would have been fine with it taking up more of the gameplay... but now it dominates the gameplay.

No thanks.
wow, that sounds right up my alley. Shame it wasn't available from the start, I won't be starting a new playthrough in the short term, but maybe one day.

beeswax

So what this about funny physics patch, when i booted up my PS4 earlier there was no patch for this ?, april fools bs ?

I fired it up on PC today, there was no real patch applied as such (Steam hadn't applied an update) but a message came up on the main menu saying that the Antizin drops had been contaminated and to try punching and kicking in game to see if you're affected.

The only thing I noticed was that kicking zombies made them fly much further and faster than normal. Was funny for around 60 seconds.

Chabbles

I fired it up on PC today, there was no real patch applied as such (Steam hadn't applied an update) but a message came up on the main menu saying that the Antizin drops had been contaminated and to try punching and kicking in game to see if you're affected.

The only thing I noticed was that kicking zombies made them fly much further and faster than normal. Was funny for around 60 seconds.

Ok cool.. i was hoping it was a patch or something that i could stop from being overwritten/updated again tomorrow, to keep the physics. dammit.

Just started playing and find the controls a bit clunky. Maybe if the parkour were automatic I'd enjoy it a little more. Will definitely stick with it though.

Top Bottom