• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, < powerful than 360. No $ 3party. [Tweets Deleted]

There were DICE and BioWare employees doing this on the day of the unprecedented partnership announcement, so I'm not sure EA cares.

Depends on how big it blows up really... If the gaming press doesn't have much to cover, they may focus in on these comments. If enough pick up the story, it could cost him his job. That said, if they aren't interested in making a story out of it, he'll be fine.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sounds to me like folks over there were pissed they couldn't figure out how to tap into that Wii money, so now that Nintendo's doing terribly they're getting their shots in.

REMS1VS.gif

8bits

Banned
I don't really know why anything he says regarding the Wii U should matter. EA isn't supporting it. There conversation over.

So he works in the industry but he isn't allowed to have an opinion?

Having an opinion is one thing.

Loudly proclaiming "lol Wii U sucks amirite guyz", considering his senior position at EA and the public platform that he's chosen for discourse, is fundamentally unprofessional, crass, exaggerated, and juvenile.

So he works in the industry but he isn't allowed to have an opinion?

That's what the PR department is for. He can have an opinion, he doesn't need to share to people publicly on the internet. Especially if it can harm the relationship of his employer. EA still makes games for the 3ds ( this might not be true, I didn't look this up but it is EA. They are on everything that can make them money.)

enewtabie

If he was one of my employees, he would be getting a coaching or perhaps leaving the building. He's a senior so maybe not, but he's gonna hear some crap about this. Don't burn bridges. Especially on social media.

Raist

Banned
Between this and yesterday's "Nope, we're not making any WiiU games atm" I'd like to see EA's "Contact us" inbox.

Does anybody know how to act like a professional in this industry?

It's so cute when people use Twitter as Instant Messenger.

It's like the Darwinian Internet Awards for people's careers.

How has not a single gaming journalist asked Nintendo about that "unprecedented partnership"?

Because they're afraid to piss off Nintendo...or they have short memories...or they're bad at their jobs?

Depends on how big it blows up really... If the gaming press doesn't have much to cover, they may focus in on these comments. If enough pick up the story, it could cost him his job. That said, if they aren't interested in making a story out of it, he'll be fine.

To further this, if this thread makes it to 10+ pages, it'll start hitting the little websites... then it has a chance of "going viral" and if it does, at the very least this guy will likely be forced to make an appology.

RobbieNick

This is bullshit. Criterion admitted they got more power out of Wii U when they made Most Wanted on it and it showed. It's the superior console version.

EA is just being a dick because Nintendo wouldn't let Origin be the main OS(thank God).

Having an opinion is one thing.

Loudly proclaiming "lol Wii U sucks amirite guyz", considering his senior position at EA and the public platform that he's chosen for discourse, is fundamentally unprofessional, crass, exaggerated, and juvenile.

I prefer this over the standard robot answers.

King_Moc

Banned
Maybe if EA Sports could make games as good as Mario and Zelda Nintendo owners would buy them? They don't buy them because there is no reason to.

Top Bottom